Iron Man

Tools    

Lost in never never land
Originally Posted by jrs
Release Date - May 2, 1998
2008 not 1998. Any sites with info about this movie.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Originally Posted by The Gnat
IGN.com, for one.

Jon Favreau (Elf, Made, Zarthura) is set to direct. Nobody has been cast as Stark yet, though Favreau says they won't be going for a big superstar like a Tom Cruise, who was attached the the long-gestating project for years.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by The Gnat
Typo...

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment will kick off the 2008 (not 1998 - lol) summer movie-going season on May 2nd with Iron Man, the first motion picture to be produced by Marvel under its alliance with Paramount, it was announced today by Rob Moore, President, Worldwide Marketing, Distribution, and Operations, Paramount Pictures; Michael Helfant, President and COO, Marvel Studios; and Kevin Feige, president of production for Marvel Studios. Marvel Studios is a subsidiary of Marvel Entertainment,
Inc. Jon Favreau will direct the film.

The Iron Man film will be produced by Avi Arad, creative advisor to Marvel Studios, and Kevin Feige. Executive Producers are Ari Arad, Mr. Favreau and Louis D'Esposito. This project, the first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment, is expected to be financed through Marvel's $525 million revolving film financing facility and distributed under Marvel's overall distribution arrangement with Paramount. Iron Man will mark the first production under Mr. Arad's newly launched production company, Avi Arad Productions.

Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Helfant said, "We're very excited to lock down the release date for Iron Man, Marvel's first independently produced feature film. We couldn't have asked for a better partner than Paramount to work with on this very powerful character franchise." Mr. Feige added, "We're thrilled to be launching the summer 2008 movie season with Iron Man. Marvel has had great success with the first Friday in
May -- 'Spider-Man' broke records on that first Friday and 'X2' debuted at the top of the box office charts as well. We're looking forward to extending that track record with Iron Man and are extremely pleased with the progress of the script, the production team we are forming and the initial production designs."

Moore said, "Marvel is one of our most important partners and Iron Man is one of their premier heroes. We're thrilled to be launching our relationship -- and the summer season in 2008 -- with this movie." Based upon Marvel's iconic Super Hero, the film will follow billionaire weapons-manufacturer, Tony Stark, who confronts the sins of his past after he is injured by one of his own weapons. Equipped with a high-tech suit of armor, he becomes Iron Man to combat evil on a global scale.

Based on the long-running Marvel comic book series, Iron Man is the story of Tony Stark, a driven inventor and executive who straps on billions of dollars in armor and weaponry each night to fight crime, terrorism and corporate espionage.

Source: Movies Online

www.forumninja.com
I would have preferred the original suit. You know, the silver one that looked like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz? just kiddin'

They announced recently that the villain will be The Mandarin. Although not entirely surprised, I felt rather mixed about the announcement.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by KnicksRIP
I would have preferred the original suit. You know, the silver one that looked like the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz? just kiddin'
Actually, I'd love to see the original suit (and I ain't kidding). In the recent Extremis run, Adi Granov painted Warren Ellis' flashback to the first appearance of Iron Man, and it was glorious. For the first time, it actually looked like a dangerous suit, and not just a clunky costume.

If only it could show up for at least five minutes...

Favreau says they are paying homage to the original silver suit. It'll at least show up in blueprint drawings or something. Keep your eyes peeled...you know, in the summer of 2008.

Lord of the Idiots!
i believe favreau said that there will be a few suits in it, showing the progression stark goes through to develope the completed prototype.. or something like that. kinda like an "Iron Man Begins" type thing.

they need to make up their mind about what director they want its the 3rd one already

and i dont think Jon Favreau is a good choice they need someone who is an experienced director especially for a movie of this caliber

Originally Posted by Terminator734
they need to make up their mind about what director they want its the 3rd one already

and i dont think Jon Favreau is a good choice they need someone who is an experienced director especially for a movie of this caliber
In the case of a movie like this that doesn't count couse the budget of the movie is going to be something like 150-200 Million Dollars and any Director can handdle a move of this caliber.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by B-card
In the case of a movie like this that doesn't count couse the budget of the movie is going to be something like 150-200 Million Dollars and any Director can handdle a move of this caliber.
Then let's stick Uwe Boll on the film, and see what he does with it.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
Then let's stick Uwe Boll on the film, and see what he does with it.

I was thinking that but i hate him too much to give him as an example

you'd be suprised what a director can do to a movie with a big budget

i mean look at X-men 3 - Ratner wasnt a good choice to go with there

Originally Posted by B-card
To bad the director was already picked but what about Michael Bay do you think he can handdle it?
I don't think Michael Bay can handle the camcorder at a seven-year-old's birthday, much less Iron Man. By the by, any honest to goodness questions and concerns about the movie, you can ask Favreau directly on the MySpace page specifically devoted to the flick (click HERE).

Originally Posted by Sleezy
Tom Cruise would have been perfect.
only if Iron Man was 5' 7"

Horrorphiliac

Now come on we have all seen what peter jackson can do but I suppose being one of the most sought after directors right now marvel couldnt afford to pay him

There is no way that this can be good...