Movies you wanted to have seen as a TV Series

Tools    

a walk to remember
the notebook
and Pirates of the Caribbean

Ok, there seems to be a little confusion here about one of my very favorite shows and movies. So me being the nice guy that I am, I will lay it all out for ya. First there was...

Brought to us by the creator of the cult classics Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the spin-off Angel.

The movie...

Came later after an incredibly bad network, I won't name any names here, (FOX is from the Devil) canceled the show. The movie was a moderate success amongst the mainstream populace and there are still some rumblings that we may indeed get a return to the show on (fingers crossed) the Sci-fi channel.

I Really Have no idea about this FireFly but I Was a fan of Serenity!!! Great movie.......Thanks Man!!!!

How about star wars the series and God Father.

There was a comic-book bridging the gap between Firefly and Serenity called "Serenity:Those left Behind" methinks. I advise everyone to amazon it There's gonna be another comic miniseries too mayhaps. But a 2nd series of Firefly is so tantalising a prospect I can't imagine it lest the cold hard reality of a Fox-run world causes me to grab an armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon and go postal on Whedon-hating mogul-tards.

To sum up , I like Firefly

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
breakfast club...after saturday
bill and ted's execellent adventures...a different time period every week
revenage of the nerds

i am doing a mini-marathon of 80s movies thats why i answered this way!!

favorite movie:
Saw 2

Underworld...it's also nice to see this movie in series!!!

I watch movies a lot ..and I like Lord of The Ring to have Tv Series....

uhm, if only. . . the story is very nice.

I also like to see on TV the National Treasure movie...

I watch movies a lot ..and I like Lord of The Ring to have Tv Series....
Special effects costs would prevent LOR from being a TV series, especially when they're shooting the biggest guy in the cast to look like a dwarf, not to mention those walking, talking trees and all of the goonie bad guys. Would be like constantly recreating the bar scene of Star Wars. Besides what's left to do after you save Middle Earth?

Technical problems and costs are a real factor in TV series. The World War II air force movie 12 O'Clock was made into a TV series in the 1960s using the same gimmick of the movie--actual film of air combat from the war. But then color TV came along and all of the major series started switching to color. Only problem was not that much combat footage was filmed in color during 1941-1945, so they kept running the same few loops of color film over and over. That (and dropping the older "Col. Savage" character for a younger, prettier commander to pump up the female audience) killed the series.

Movies that you wish to see as a Television Series...

For me I want to see Harry Potter in Television Series.....By chapter not per book!!! It would be great
Except by the time you get to the last chapter of the last book, the guy playing Harry Potter would be 47, balding, and with a pot belly.

The best adaptions of movies to TV series have usually been those popular films where the series presented more of the same--but different. For instance, the MASH TV series just continued on with antics of doctors in Korea. The Virginian TV series bore little resemblence to the original book or movie, but the basic characters were repeatable, even if they did have to bring Trampus back from the dead and make him a good guy. The Naked City was a great TV series that successfully used the same gimmick as the movie by shooting it on the streets of New York, long before NYPD Blue and similar series. Someone mentioned Goodfellas--that's possible, but I don't know of many successful series where the main characters were bad guys prior to the Sopranos. Maybe with that series' success, someone may want to take a chance on it. However, Ray Liotta recently starred in a series based on a violent gang of criminals that he led, and it got pulled after just three episodes, so maybe that market isn't there.

So based on that, the one film that I can think of that might make a good series is a continuation of the Man With No Name in A Fistful of Dollars. Strangers rides into town each week, cleans up whatever problem they're facing, rides out again. Sorta a modern-day Lone Ranger, huh? Problem with that is, how closely is that character associated with Clint Eastwood? John Wayne's Hondo was once made into a TV series but without Wayne in the leading role, of course. Thing never really took off.

Of course, there are several recent films that probably would make good TV series: The Brady Bunch, Beverly Hillbillies, Superman, Batman, Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones, Charlie's Angels -- the recycle drum just rolls on and on and on.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Of course, there are several recent films that probably would make good TV series: The Brady Bunch, Beverly Hillbillies, Superman, Batman, Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones, Charlie's Angels -- the recycle drum just rolls on and on and on.
Please tell me you are joking

Please tell me you are joking
What??? You don't think those would make good TV series????

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Of course. Those were movies based on TV shows.
I knew that ... not sure if he knew that