Best black and white film of the past 30 years?

Tools    

Ed Wood
Schindler's list
Sin City

My experience of more recent black and white films is limited.

Easily "Schindler's List", but then I haven't seen Raging Bull.

I saw What I have Written recently, it was Mostly B/W, I found the movie interesting, well, the style of it. Here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133275/...Q__;fc=1;ft=20

We might want to break this up, or at least clarify; for instance, best black and white film that was intended to be in black and white for aesthetic or thematic purposes. Im pretty sure Clerks was black and white because its cheaper and easier to light. (No offense to him, but Kevin Smith is lazy for sho!)

But for me, Good Night and Good Luck was just a few notches better than Raging Bull

A system of cells interlinked
Some goodies I like...

Raging Bull
The Man Who Wasn't There

stranger then a drunken mime
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Clerks for me.

I agree

Originally Posted by Thursday Next
Schindler's List, followed by Pi.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Im pretty sure Clerks was black and white because its cheaper and easier to light. (No offense to him, but Kevin Smith is lazy for sho!)
While you can call him lazy, he did fund most of the movie with his comic book collection so its not like he filmed it in black and white so he could save some money, they didn't really have a choice if they wanted to make a film with that budget