Alfred Hitchcock

Tools    

what is the best alfred hitchcock film out of all of his color film
________
Jomtien condos

North by Northwest is my favorite of all of Hitchcock's films (color or Black & White), but I am a really big Cary Grant fan.

Overall I would say Psycho, although that's b&w. The first Hitchcock I saw, and the greatest.

In colour, I would either say Rear Window or The Birds. The latter is disturbingly brilliant.

Anyone else been to the Alfred Hitchcock ride in Universal Studios, Florida? It's pretty cool .

Originally posted by ryanpaige
North by Northwest is my favorite of all of Hitchcock's films (color or Black & White), but I am a really big Cary Grant fan.
Yeah, that was quite good, but it didn't feel as "smooth" as Dial M did. I dunno, it just felt like there were too many odd twists for it's own good. I marvel at the perfect structure of Dial M -- one of the first movies that got you rooting for the bad guy.

I voted Vertigo just cause it's soo damn good. The only others I would consider are Rear Window and "other" (Rope).
Why are we only asking color? Because we know Psycho would win? My favorites are almost all B&W: Rebecca,Psycho, The Lady Vanishes, Lifeboat...

The First thread I started at Mofo's.
hmmm
My pick goes to Rear Window for his best color film.
anybody else out there like to tell me what they think is his best color film.

A novel adaptation.
Rope.

It's kind of unfair, because iI'. such a huge rope fan.
But IMO it still remains as the best hitchcock film of al time.

I really like most of Hitch's films, but I'm kind of partial with The Trouble with Harry.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally posted by LordSlaytan
I really like most of Hitch's films, but I'm kind of partial with The Trouble with Harry.
Yeah, I dig that one.

It's Drowing Mona meets Weekend at Bernie's.

Originally posted by Yoda

Yeah, I dig that one.

It's Drowing Mona meets Weekend at Bernie's.
Good point!

I vote for The Birds.Great scary story and Tippi Hedren in high heels was my idol when I was 13 and saw it back in '63.

North by Northwest

Though I've only seen Vertigo otherwise and it didn't do much for me; not as much as you would hope, anyhow. I have a feeling I'd be going with North by Northwest if I had seen more anyway. Oh, Cary. You came and you found me a turkey on my vaction away from worky and so on and so forth...

can anyone give their views on the way alfred hitchcock portrays women in his films in scenes of violence, can u please give some reference to these films:
Psycho - the shower scene
The Birds - personal attack on tippi hendren
North by northwest - the final scene
marnie-the rape scene

Best Colour - Vertigo
Best B+W - Psycho

I see now, that you said color, but I did both.
It is a 3-way tie for Psycho, The Birds, and Rear Window.
Then Rebecca, Dial M for Murder, Vertigo, Spellbound, Notorious, and Rope.
The Man Who Knew Too Much is my least favorite, but I am going to re-watch it soon, and see if my opinion changes any. It just seemed to drag on for forever the first time I viewed it.
I have also heard that The Trouble With Harry is really good.

I really want this, but I wish I could replace The Man Who Knew Too Much, with Rebecca. All of my Hitchcock movies are so old, that they are VHS. I really don't want 2 copies of that.

DVD Features:
Title listing: Saboteur (1942), Shadow of a Doubt (1943), Rope (1948), Rear Window (1954), The Trouble With Harry (1955), The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956), Vertigo (1958), Psycho (1960), The Birds (1963), Marnie (1964), Torn Curtain (1966), Topaz (1969), Frenzy (1972), Family Plot (1976)

All 14 films are digitally re-mastered.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
rear window

the movie is just excellent. it's full of suspense. upon putting the dvd in, i thought how coud it be possible to pull this movie off from just his apartment window. it proved to be a 12 Angry Men.

and that is real damn good

(sorry for typing. broken arm. 1 hand to type)
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.