Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera

→ in
Tools    

Jack-of-all-Trades
I just saw this movie yesterday, and as a big fan of the play, i had big expectations, and alot of doubt. However, this movie MET those expectations, and was actually very well done.

I think the sets and costumes were great. The choreography was very good and the cinematography really complimented the powerful score and really moved you through the scenes.

My girlfriend was with me and she loved it even more. She kept singing the songs all night long.

Minie Driver was hilarious.

I dont want to spoil anything, but the way they implemented the famous Overture score, was incredible. As soon as i heard it, and saw the action on the screen, I knew right then that the movie would be great.

A definate must see for anyone who is a fan of Phantom. And, a great way to bring in some new fans.

I also loved this movie!! It really is a must see!! Very Lavish, Sexy and Sad. Gerard Butler is an Amazing Talent, and I look forward to more of his work. Minnie was really a great Diva!! And Emmy has the voice or an Angel!!

GreenFairy

www.gerardbutler.net

www.phantomthemovie.warnerbros.com

Originally Posted by GreenFairy
I also loved this movie!! It really is a must see!! Very Lavish, Sexy and Sad. Gerard Butler is an Amazing Talent, and I look forward to more of his work. Minnie was really a great Diva!! And Emmy has the voice or an Angel!!

GreenFairy

www.gerardbutler.net

www.phantomthemovie.warnerbros.com
Cats was the last Broadway musical I actually saw on stage. If I'm not mistaken, one studio is currently working on a film adaptation of it. Like The Phantom of the Opera.
Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler render powerful performances as Christine and the Phantom along with Minnie Driver who is just hilarious as the pompous diva, Carlotta. Enhanced by wonderfully designed period sets and costumes, The Phantom of the Opera is a real triumph for director Joel Schumacher and the original composer, Andrew Lloyd Webber.

GPM
Romantic newbie
I've seen Phantom on stage 3 times and heard the movie was sort of stiff, but I went anyway. I love it. I think seeing the play helped a lot and that my memories of what I enjoyed interwove with the scenes on the screen. Minnie Driver was excellent. I wish she'd do more movies. I recommend seeing this in the theater for impact. It's lavishly fun.

Yea, i loved it too, the DVD comes out May 03, so you and your girlfriend can sing all night to it.

I loved PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and this is coming from someone who never saw it onstage. I don't think I've ever enjoyed Gerard Butler more than I did in this film. Patrick Wilson was also very good and yes, Minnie Driver stole every scene she was in.