Scary Movie

→ in
Tools    

Tim
This is probably the funniest movie I will see all year. The plot was absolutley horrible; it's basically a mix between "Scream" and "I know what you did last summmer". But the jokes make up for that. I was laughing throughout the entire movie. The only part I really didn't like was that they put the most funny scenes on the trailer. Anyway, if you want to have a good laugh, go check it out.

I heard this movie was VERY raunchy and barely missed out on a NC-17 (X) rating! I was sad to hear that...it had a lot of potential to be funny (and it may be)...but they didn't have to make it so gross (from what I've heard)...it would've done better with a PG-13 rating anyway

Tim
Yeah, certain parts were very gross -- but they just made everyone laugh. It wasn't like you were sitting there just disgusted, you laughed through it.

I hear NBC will be showing this movie in 2003. LOL.

LOL, they'll have to cut out so much it'll be a half an hour show

NBC will be playing Mission Impossible two 4 times during 2002...they shelled out $24 for the rights!

Didn't it get out of hand? Most reviews I've read said that it was funny, but that raunchy jokes get old after awhile...

Tim
I was actually discussing this on another board as well. They were saying how TV might become more lax with stuff like that by 2003. Maybe that is what NBC is betting on.

I loved the jokes on it...I only got bored during the parts where they just stood around and talked -- but that was minimal. I am a person that loves to laugh, even if it is raunchy.

Don't get me wrong...I've never seen all of "Something About Mary", but what I have seen was hillarious...I'm low-brow enough to enjoy those kinds of things.

I sure hope TV isn't that rough by 2003...it's a bit borderline now even! Seriously though, it will be VERY interesting to see how much they have to cut out by then...

If you ask me the networks might be wasting money by paying for these rights like this...they're all caught up in the movie's success now that they might regret it later...

I saw it, and yes it was funny. But most of the funny parts seemed to be in tv previews, so if you saw them, you saw alot. I was a bit disappointed over all.

Tim
"I heard it was so gross that the Wayans' parents walked out of some sort of sneak preview mid-way through!"

LOL. That is pretty funny.

Originally Posted by Tim
This is probably the funniest movie I will see all year. The plot was absolutley horrible; it's basically a mix between "Scream" and "I know what you did last summmer". But the jokes make up for that. I was laughing throughout the entire movie. The only part I really didn't like was that they put the most funny scenes on the trailer. Anyway, if you want to have a good laugh, go check it out.
Scary Movie was funny. And the best thing about it was, undeniably, Carmen Electra running from her attacker in gracious slow motion. You could laugh and drool at the same time.

no no no.....the funniest part of scary movie was the "i know" pic stuck to the jock's locker after he came from the showers.