Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

→ in
Tools    

Edited by Lori K.

BOOK OF SHADOWS: BLAIR WITCH 2 - Tristan Skylar , Stephen Barker Turner, Kim Director

After hearing and seeing the released footage of the Blair Witch
and the woods she haunts in Burkittsville, Maryland, a group of
five feel the need to tour the woods. Little do they know that
their tour leader has recently been released from a mental
institution. Think that he is the answer....Well your
wrong....Dead wrong. Throughout the night, this fearless crew
videotapes every accountable minute. Only, to realize that the
tapes are the answers to all that lies ahead. A tragic accident
puts an end to their outside slumber party causing the group to
leave the woods, but they do not leave alone. Little by little
their horror is revealed.

If I had to choose a movie that most terrified me mentally, Blair
Witch and The Book of Shadows, is definitely top on my list. I
felt every eerie sensation tantalizing my inner fears. If you
found the original Blair Witch Project frightening then Blair
Witch 2...The Book of Shadows, is a must see. From beginning to
end it is a bone chilling experience of the power that the woods
and the Blair Witch contain.

-Bob

I disagree. BW2 was a CWOT for me... another my wife made me see... our son (8 months) even fell asleep during it... I would go into detail, but I'd probably give some of it away, so I'll abstain.

One final note: If you're into seeing sequels, don't waste your time... even when this hits cable... I'd rather watch Family Feud reruns...

8 months old? I heard it was fairly, uh, racy. I guess he didn't understand it at all though. I likely won't be seeing it anytime soon. I'll scare me anyway, I'm sure - all movies of the genre do.

Nah, he just stares at the screen and watches all the images go by... I sincerely doubt that he has the slightest comprehension of the story... think of it this way: why are you scared of movies like that? Because you were taught that movies like that are scary... if I bring him to those movies now, he'll grow up laughing at them... believe me... my mother did that to me and I'm often the one laughing in movies like this one... don't get me started about the scene in 3 Kings (Clooney, Wahlberg, Ice Cube, etc) where they rush a bull... I almost wet myself!

I also have to disagree. The Blair Witch Project was an EXTREMELY predictable and boring movie, with little to no plot, and a very stupid script. I'll give an example of how it was predictable, boring, plotless, and had a crappy script.

[red]SPOILERS BELOW[/red]

Predictable: When they crossed the bridge, I recognized it as an important landmark that would show up again. Of course, the only way for that would be for them to walk in circles.

Boring: What was the most exciting part? When the guy tripped in the house (Presumably because he died somehow) and the camera fell to the floor?

Plotless: Three kids go into the woods to study a legend. They walk around and get lost. They kick their only map into a river because they're mad that they're lost. They go into a house. They die.

Crappy script: As above, that one guy kicked their only map into the river because he was mad they were lost! And of course, no one realizes that if they FOLLOW the river, they will go in a straight line, at least relativley, and not go in circles.
[Edited by TWTCommish on 12-03-2000]

Hi Jake,

As you can see, I edited your post to indicate that spoilers were contained therein - this is common practice on this forum to make sure nothing is spoiled for anyone! I hope you don't mind. I usually have to edit such posts for new users.

Hope you don't mind, and glad to see you here on MovieForums. We all hope you stick around!

Originally Posted by BobM
Edited by Lori K.

BOOK OF SHADOWS: BLAIR WITCH 2 - Tristan Skylar , Stephen Barker Turner, Kim Director

After hearing and seeing the released footage of the Blair Witch
and the woods she haunts in Burkittsville, Maryland, a group of
five feel the need to tour the woods. Little do they know that
their tour leader has recently been released from a mental
institution. Think that he is the answer....Well your
wrong....Dead wrong. Throughout the night, this fearless crew
videotapes every accountable minute. Only, to realize that the
tapes are the answers to all that lies ahead. A tragic accident
puts an end to their outside slumber party causing the group to
leave the woods, but they do not leave alone. Little by little
their horror is revealed.

If I had to choose a movie that most terrified me mentally, Blair
Witch and The Book of Shadows, is definitely top on my list. I
felt every eerie sensation tantalizing my inner fears. If you
found the original Blair Witch Project frightening then Blair
Witch 2...The Book of Shadows, is a must see. From beginning to
end it is a bone chilling experience of the power that the woods
and the Blair Witch contain.

-Bob
I watched this sequel to the original a few years ago. I liked it. However, I believe it would have been just as scary if the orgy scene had been shown immediately after the drinking and smoking binge, instaed of afterwards when they're looking at themselves doing it with one another.

Yet another film I'm embarassed to say I enjoyed... at least everyone knows I have low standards by now I believe I gave it a 5 or a 6 out of 10. Sure it was predictable, but that doesn't mean it can't be an enjoyable movie.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

The first Blair WItch I found to be extremely scary and well done, the BW:B.O.S. was the suckyist suck that ever was sucked in my opinion. To me it was very lame, im not going to attempt to use technical movie terms or analyze why the movie was poor, because for me its just simple, for me it was crap

Neutral Milk Hotel
I never saw either of them and I dont plan on seeing them.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

What a ridiculously stupid movie the sequel was. Blair Witch 2 was *hit. I mean perhaps on its own it could have been interesting, but not in right after the brilliance of the entirely video-shop Blair Witch the first.

This second one was just yet another one of these movies that were thrown out into theaters just to collect the residuals. This sequel was a cheesy teenage horror movie that in my book would have been rated below Scary Movie and Ginger Snaps. I was so disappointed, I even got my money back for the rental because it was such a waste. Well good on them for making a crap film like that. Even though it was brutally done, they will be making money off it for years to come. This is the film business.

Originally Posted by Jake 3:16
I also have to disagree. The Blair Witch Project was an EXTREMELY predictable and boring movie, with little to no plot, and a very stupid script. I'll give an example of how it was predictable, boring, plotless, and had a crappy script.

[red]SPOILERS BELOW[/red]

Predictable: When they crossed the bridge, I recognized it as an important landmark that would show up again. Of course, the only way for that would be for them to walk in circles.

Boring: What was the most exciting part? When the guy tripped in the house (Presumably because he died somehow) and the camera fell to the floor?

Plotless: Three kids go into the woods to study a legend. They walk around and get lost. They kick their only map into a river because they're mad that they're lost. They go into a house. They die.

Crappy script: As above, that one guy kicked their only map into the river because he was mad they were lost! And of course, no one realizes that if they FOLLOW the river, they will go in a straight line, at least relativley, and not go in circles.
[Edited by TWTCommish on 12-03-2000]

Are you just jealous that you couldn't think of an idea like this? HA! Millions of people disagree with you on this one. (as far as the first one) but if you were talking about the second, then I would have to agree. You still have to give the film makers credit that this was a totally low budget film and fantastically successful. Here they spent under $50, 000 dollars to make this.. ha! I think even way less than that.. and they are still collecting residuals. Smart people!

Originally Posted by Dory
You still have to give the film makers credit that this was a totally low budget film and fantastically successful. Here they spent under $50, 000 dollars to make this.. ha! I think even way less than that.. and they are still collecting residuals. Smart people!
The filmstudents made a million U.S. between them which is not bad at all, however, it was the ones who paid them the million for the rights to the movie that made the big bucks. $Che-ching$

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...-heck-happened

I remember parts of this on cable, sounds like this guy wanted to make something interesting but got interfered with.

I haven't seen it since it came out, but I remember it being terrible.

I haven't seen it since it came out, but I remember it being terrible.
I found a fan edit more in tune with what the directors vision was supposed to be. Not great but I've seen much worse. PM link if anyone needs it.

I forgot the opening line.
Yeah, I was one of those people who, as soon as he heard Bair Witch 2, became completely hostile. The Blair Witch Project is one of those films that only exists as it is - it shouldn't be turned into some kind of franchise for financial gain. Sounds like Joe Berlinger had a half-decent idea, and we all know what studios suits will do when they smell money in the water, but I still don't want to go there. I watch out of curiosity - but no sequel to Blair Witch can ever be good enough to justify it's existence.

I'd rather see The Little Fellow in the Attic - that sounded like it'd be pretty good!

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

The first part, it was such a pretty hard hitting, something interesting and interesting, even new. On the other hand, the whole strength of the film, BWP, was that if you believed it was all true, it could scare you. But probably only a child or a teenager could believe it. Without this belief, unfortunately, nothing scares here in my opinion, no sticks hanging from branches and a weak ending. The film cuts off at the most interesting moment, and for most of it there is chatter and argument. If one is into that then I have nothing against it. On the other hand, it's no surprise that many people liked the second one better because it's simply more honest. It doesn't pretend to be true, it doesn't prey on the naivety of young viewers. The formula of the first part created a great opportunity to really show something much scarier than stones piled on piles or the aforementioned twigs.