Musical
23.08%
12 votes
Noir
23.08%
12 votes
War
52 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'm open to input on that, but my assumption is they'd just enter them and I'd build out a little thing you can use to see the results as they come in. But I'm not sure if people really like some of the rituals associated with this and want some version of it preserved.

Anyone have thoughts on all that?

I'm open to input on that, but my assumption is they'd just enter them and I'd build out a little thing you can use to see the results as they come in. But I'm not sure if people really like some of the rituals associated with this and want some version of it preserved.

I'm curious about the auto-ballot. Would only the host or you be able to see the results? Or would everyone be able to see them as they come in? It seems like it should only be seen by you and the host of the countdown.

Would it employ the same method of movie title selection that the Movies link does?

Oh, it would definitely be just me and the host.

And yeah, it would use an autocomplete, along with a special tool to submit anything that doesn't come up properly that way.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

I think entering a ballot sounds like a good idea if it makes the process smoother and it sounds fun, a bit like when we fill out the Oscar picks.

Would people use imdb links? I'm wary either way, ballot or PM, of movies being confused with movies with similar titles from different years, or the same movie submitted under different titles being counted separately.

If they were submitted by PM I would ask for imdb release dates and English language titles (where used).

Just thinking about the problems I had selecting the right films when trying to make a custom list recently.

I think entering a ballot sounds like a good idea if it makes the process smoother and it sounds fun, a bit like when we fill out the Oscar picks.

Would people use imdb links? I'm wary either way, ballot or PM, of movies being confused with movies with similar titles from different years, or the same movie submitted under different titles being counted separately.

If they were submitted by PM I would ask for imdb release dates and English language titles (where used).

Just thinking about the problems I had selecting the right films when trying to make a custom list recently.
Yeah, no worries, there'll obviously be some testing and time for feedback once the tool's ready to go. Short version is: same as autocomplete for favorites/movies page/reviews, but with an option to use TMDb or IMDb links if they can't find what they want. I fully expect people to still occasionally pick the wrong thing, but, well...you can only do so much. We'll have to just encourage people to be very careful.

That's an interesting point. Would the titles be submitted in the country's language, with English translations, or both?

Just thinking about next steps assuming there isn't a late surge for Comedy in the polls...

When would the tool be likely to be ready? Could I do a post telling people to go watch foreign films and eligibility criteria with submission details to be added later (after this poll closes)? Or should I hold off until the form is up and running?

Would it be better for me to PM you about it?

Yeah, PM me for specifics. I think we'd want a minimum of a week for organizational stuff, once the poll closes, before posting the thread and getting things started.

Alrighty, so this is confirmed: Foreign films win.

Thursday and I will coordinate, I'll work on the ballot submission tool (started the other day), and hopefully we'll have something up in a bit. Maybe a week or two depending on the tech side of things.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Alrighty, so this is confirmed: Foreign films win.

Thursday and I will coordinate, I'll work on the ballot submission tool (started the other day), and hopefully we'll have something up in a bit. Maybe a week or two depending on the tech side of things.
I literally came on here just to ask when to expect a preliminary thread. Cool.

Update: I've got a general version of the ballot submission tool working, we're doing some light testing now, and hopefully we should be ready to get started this week.

The ballot tool will only get better over time, too, since theoretically we'll be using this from now on (if it works well and everybody likes it, but I expect that will be the case), so I can just add to it and polish it up here and there.

More very soon!

Ok, I need some pre-preliminary thread help. I made an image but don't know how to add that to a post from my computer. I've tried imgur but that didn't work. Any ideas?

Ok, I need some pre-preliminary thread help. I made an image but don't know how to add that to a post from my computer. I've tried imgur but that didn't work. Any ideas?
Download the image first.

On the posting screen click 'manage attachments'. Then click on 'browse' under 'Upload File from your Computer' and select that image. Hopefully that should work?

Don't forget to Insert the resultant link into your post as well otherwise all you'll have done is put the image on the server and not into your post

You guys are awesome for helping, but since Thursday volunteered so selflessly they get to use a super secret custom image upload tool to help them.

Thanks guys! I have tried your suggestion (with insert) which works brilliantly, and now know how to use the super secret custom image upload tool too, which is about 200% more image uploading skills than I had two hours ago