What Ticks You Off?

Tools    

May The Forks be With Us
all you people who dont like youth becuase of a sterotype. ok i may be arrogant and naive but i dont act black and try to rap. thats just waht stupid idiots do. and hw pisses me off so much.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Originally Posted by gummo
maybe ignorance was a bad choice of word, perhaps "unwilling to learn and thinking you already know everything" is a better way to put it? Is there a single word to describe that? hmmm I 'm not sure.
I think what your describing is more of a concept than an actual definition to a word. Dogmatism is an arrogance based on the un-willingness to know while being naive is simply not knowing due to circumstance or age and nescience is just ignorance due to a lack of knowledge.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

May The Forks be With Us
smart people also piss me off because they intimadate me. stop scaring me Allthegitters

all you people who dont like youth becuase of a sterotype. ok i may be arrogant and naive but i dont act black and try to rap. thats just waht stupid idiots do. and hw pisses me off so much.
to clear something up for ya.. just that one type of youth bothers me, and even if they are not youth and act like that, it bothers me.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
What is "normal" anyway?

I agree... by continuing to go on about equality, this in actuality is stiffling the progress. (in my opinion)

grrrr..that makes me mad too. I know someone like that.

the guys I call "hip-hop honkies", young white males acting like they are a black rapper

Exactly, there is no normal. I want to shut these idiots up.

When I talk about youth, I talk about their atitude towards life. They don't heed the words that are thrown at them. The ones that say make the right choice. Do they? Of course not...invisioning them in a couple of years is the best thing. This is TRUE endless possibilties.

I'm 15, and I can say I can base most of the stupidity of youth on first hand experience. A stereotype? No son, they're idiots that'll do anything to be in.

Sorry, but not everyone is ignorant. There's book smarts and theres life smarts, I have life smarts at a level where kids my age aren't at. Book smarts? I'm getting there.

Writers block.
GOSH! I hate writers block. Ever notice when you totally quit, hours or days pass bye and then something hits you?

Dogmatism is an arrogance based on the un-willingness to know
Isn't dogmatism the tendency to assert personal opinion?

arrogance yes

Originally Posted by Godsend
What ticks me off:

-When people say they can relate to something when they haven't been put in the position/having first hand experience.
I don't agree with you, I think in some situations you don't have to experience etc to understand or relate, eg. I don't have to have schizaphrenia to understand the emotional pain it can cause the sufferer and family

Isn't dogmatism the tendency to assert personal opinion?

arrogance yes
merriam-webster

Main Entry: dog·ma·tism
Pronunciation: 'dog-m&-"ti-z&m, 'däg-
Function: noun
1 : positiveness in assertion of opinion especially when unwarranted or arrogant
2 : a viewpoint or system of ideas based on insufficiently examined premises

I've always had the experience that in connotation dogmatism was also used to describe a stubborness in learning what they so vehemently oppose.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Politicans who use 9-11 as a way of getting votes.

People with no selfesteam, I mean how do you expect to have respect when you think negativily about yourself.

Dithcers

what ticks me off is:
bigots/racists
arrogance
ignorance
Yeah. And rape. Rape really sucks.

This thread was a fine idea, originally, but it didn't waste much time devolving into a list of truisms.

-How we've barely even developed as people when we had democracy and government some 2000 odd years ago.
I don't agree. As a species, we expend a great deal of time, effort, and money on many charitable causes. Governmental and judicial systems in the civilized world are, while far from perfect, certainly more effective (and humane) than those we've had in the past.

If you merely mean to say that the human race is still afflicted by the same sorts of inherent flaws and weaknesses as 2,000 years ago, I'd agree, but I think it's clear that we've made great progress in virtually every humanitarian cause.

-People who think they're witty.
But we are.

-Most republicans...cocky as hell most of the time and will rip into anyone/anytime, but most of the time when the proof is presented, it'll be over looked.
Generalizing is fun for the whole family.

Being in a football pool, going 7-1 in the morning against the spread. Obviously losing the Seahawks - San Fran game since San Fran is your favorite team and Seattle is your "home" team and you can never get those games right, then having the stupid Tampa Bay Fvckaneers play the stupidest game of the season and sabatoging themselves every single opportunity they get, thus ruining your chance of winning a $5000 football pool because 10-13 isnt going to get you anywhere.

People with no selfesteam, I mean how do you expect to have respect when you think negativily about yourself.
lol, I noticed you have a Kurt Cobain avatar, he had low self esteem and thought negatively about himself. Do you respect him? Myself, I am a huge fan of his music, and I thought he was a huge part of the 90s. I loved him. Still do. I am a collector of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain memorabilia.

Cobain still respected himself as one who despises himself... Nietzsche said something along those lines.

edit: exact Nietzsche quote if anyone cares

"Whoever despises himself still respects himself as one who despises."
(Beyond Good and Evil)

Cobain still respected himself as one who despises himself...
ahhh...you are right!!! But does Frank respect him?

I think Jimbo does, he told me yesterday he did.

Do you know my poetry?
Super Bowl Halftime Shows
School
People who don't take you seriously because of your age
People who like sh!tty movies
TV Sitcoms
(with the exception of a few)
MPAA Rating system
Bad Grammar
People who try to start conversation during a film
When people don't pay attention to me so I have to repeat myself
Childish people
Family Gatherings
People who just don't care about your feelings
Ashton Kutcher movies
Selfishness

That's all I have for now, more later.

Twisted seat belts, cotton balls, spiders, orange LED lights, yellow traffic lights, dumb people, uneducated people, sh*tty movies, easy ways out, not being honest, not finishing something you start, not being able to have money, not being able to take my dog to the pizznark', movie theaters and their ridiculous prices, bottled water, sand fleas, deep water, failed plans, petty arguments (for the most part), did I mention cotton balls?, junk mail, junk e-mail, internet slang - LOL, ROFL, BTW, when guys type a laugh like this - hehehehehehe because it's supposed to go - hahahahahahaha, when people call soda pop, pop is a sound not a drink, litterers, tree huggers, democrats - especially John Kerry, Michael Moore, generic off the shelf storylines, new zombie/vampire movies, special effects (for the most part), inconsistent CGI in sequels (Matrix), when my dog farts nasty funk and it wakes me up, having my bike stolen, luke warm water, drinking water from foriegn states cause it's nasty, salt water in my eye, poisiness spiders, WNBA, radio rap, radio music in general, fan boys, nerds, people who chew with their mouth open, people who you can hear eating, posers, people with no sense of humor, soy sauce that's sweet - it's supopsed to be salty, when foriegn people come and say America is stupid, holes in my socks, forgetting deoderant in the morning and thinking your pits are brewing steam all day, the zit that says Hi from the middle of your face, razor bumps, ear wax that falls in your ear and you can feel it even though you were just sitting there and you cleaned them, morning breathe, my car, my cars burnt out light, my cars not working back two doors, my cars slowly dieing window buttons that roll my window up extra slow, spiders, no bars on my cellphone when I'm in a garage, roaming with my phone when I'm not "roaming," happy people that are faking it, hippies, chicks with hair pits, bad breathe, yellow teeth, smoking cause it makes me want to start again, being hung over, waking up in someones bathroom after a night of hard drinking, whiskey and coke cause it taste too good, getting drunk and smoking and telling everyone when the last time it was that you smoked and how it's OK this time, fabric softener in with my clothes - I like them stiff so that they make cracking sounds when I walk, when animals die in movies (except The Thing), the movie The Swamp Thing, a knowingly weak attempt, etc, etc, etc.

Have a nice day,
PimpDaShizzle