Soul (Pixar)

Tools    

Yeah, it's Pete Docter so you know it's gonna be good. That's actually why I haven't watched it yet: I know it's gonna wreck me. So I'm saving it a bit.

Save our Soul.
I haven't seen every Pixar movie, but I currently rank it as Pixar's number 2. Reachedy top 50.

Those magnificent bastards at Pixar have done it again.

I thought they had a minor blip with Onward, which I felt was an average film, saved by that typically strong Pixar climax, but Soul is good from start to the end.

On a side note,

WARNING: spoilers below

I would have left Joe Gardner dead, but I suppose the filmmakers also wanted to give the message of 'grabbing your second chance with both hands and enjoying your life to the fullest' to everyone.

And just like Inside Out, which is my favorite Pixar movie, kids won't get some of the jokes/things and when they watch it again as an adult it will be like watching a whole new movie.

This ended up meeting my expectations, but not exceeding them. It's good, but in my opinion nowhere near top 3 Pixar like I have seen some argue. It didn't have the same emotional feel at the end like say, Inside Out, and the entire movie felt more serious than most animated films.

Okay, finally gonna try to see this soonish. Before next weekend, at least.

It's kinda hard because a) there won't be another Pete Docter for awhile (maybe ever, now that he's running things over there), and b) you know it's gonna be gutwrenching, so I'm effectively scheduling a time to feel said. Saw one movie reviewer call Docter an "emotional terrorist."

Re: running things. More on that in this recent article, which is very good:

Reanimating Pixar: How Pete Docter Steered the Studio Out of Scandal

It's been so gratifying to see my absolute favorite Pixar person rise through the ranks like this.

I would have left Joe Gardner dead, but I suppose the filmmakers also wanted to give the message of 'grabbing your second chance with both hands and enjoying your life to the fullest' to everyone.
I went through the same thought process, they could have been a little braver I feel and I think it could have worked, of course while committing to a decidedly bittersweet ending.

Regardless, I really enjoyed this. You can count on Pixar (usually Pete Docter, more specifically) to deliver that potent mix of intelligent (and genuinely laugh-out-loud) comedy, visual awe, originality and simple yet quietly profound messaging. And I just loved the eclectic soundtrack.

You're right, because i wathed Soul these week and it was fantastic! Pixar movies as good for childrens as for adults and this makes them the most rewatchable movies among cartoons

You're right, because i wathed Soul these week and it was fantastic! Pixar movies as good for childrens as for adults and this makes them the most rewatchable movies among cartoons
i agree pixar did amazing job with their movies

This movie somehow ease my depression. I'm not mentally okay since 2018. I didn't spend Christmas last year and this year with my family. I just locked myself in my room feeling bad about myself and lost. And after I watched the movie, it made me think that maybe somehow, I just keep thinking about regrets in my life. Like I am living in my past and forgot that I can still do something for my future. Though I'm still mentally unstable, I'll try. I'll go and spend new year with my love ones.

One of those 2020 editions I missed. This is pretty good and some tears at the end. It's heavy on the jazz which I enjoyed and I had forgotten Reznor and Ross were involved with this. The score fits them. Wouldn't know where to rank these movies anymore because it's been a while since I watched most of them but this one I enjoyed.