Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well that was bad. Like really bad. I didn't care much for the first film but it now looks like a masterpiece by comparison

Super cheesy and corny to absolutely painful, cringing levels. It was way over the top with the 80s touches. Writing throughout was really lazy with lots of handy contrivances. The plot was in turns dull and really dumb. Lots of it just felt pointless. There was no real need for it to be set in the 80s. There didn't feel a real need for Chris Pine to come back. The Cheetah character felt just tacked on to provide a physical threat, with a story arc that was basically Catwoman from Batman Returns.

Oh and the CGI is dreadful. Even on the occasions were if you paused it it may have looked fine, in motion the physics throughout were just all wrong. Whether she's running, lasso swinging, flying, fighting etc there's no weight or presence - just feels really fake. There's a bit with two kids which already seems set for infamy given how many people I've already seen mocking it. The whole thing felt like a superhero film from 15 years ago in terms of how silly and cheap it came across. Like Daredevil or something. And man does it feel long. A real slog

A generous (it is Christmas after all)

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I was disappointed in the sequel as well.
I was a fan of the first one, even if it wasn’t great, it was grounded in Gals portrayal and wonder woman’s humanity.
This film was completely ridiculous. I never truly understood Max Lords motivation as the film went along.
The only highlights were Gal and Chris Pines portrayals, and their romance. You could see her pain.
But each of their brief moments were ruined by overproduced scenes.
Wiig, who I thought would be miscast, was actually pretty decent as Cheetah/Barbara Minerva, and a pleasant surprise.
This movie didn’t deserve them.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
There was a lot about the film that bothered me but one thing that really kept niggling me was...

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
the whole body snatching. For two supposedly heroic characters it seemed odd that neither of them were in the slightest bit concerned about the guy whose life Trevor had just stolen. Had he survived and stayed they were basically killing that guy. Plus the fact WW had sex with him felt a bit...rapey? I mean look at it the other way. If Superman had sex with Lois Lane in the body of someone whose consciousness had been squashed and could not consent to their body being used in such a way, and then had a friendly little chat with the completely oblivious girl at the end of the film - not a great look

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I don’t know what’s wrong with you people, all the reviews said it was great.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I don’t know what’s wrong with you people, all the reviews said it was great.

I haven't finished it yet but the '84 mall scene after the opening reminded me of that scene in Spider-Man 3 when Parker is so cool strutting the sidewalk finger-gunning hot chicks with an undeserved confident smile.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well it seems that so many people hate this movie from online reviews. But oddly, it seems the critics like it though as it has a 65 on rottentomatoes so far.

A system of cells interlinked
Well it seems that so many people hate this movie from online reviews. But oddly, it seems the critics like it though as it has a 65 on rottentomatoes so far.
I have three different friends who all got HBO max just to see this movie, and all three and totally bagging on this movie like it's the worst thing they have seen in quite a while.

Bummer.

But why do the critics seem to like it if it's so bad?

They get paid to like or dislike whatever company they work for tells them to.

But not this critic...

Yeah. Kind of a wimpy rumplestiltskin tho...

1) They don't like it that much, 65% isn't very good, it's just not bad.

2) Critics and the moviegoing public at large watch movies for very different reasons.

3) Angrier people are louder, so "people on the Internet seem to really hate it" isn't necessarily a good measure.

3) Angrier people are louder, so "people on the Internet seem to really hate it" isn't necessarily a good measure.
They sometimes get the most attention too, sadly.

I will reserve judgment until I have seen it, but all three people I have spoken to about the film said it was pretty dire, so my expectations are low. These people are usually pretty shrewd film fans, which is why I tend to trust their opinions in most cases.

Dang, I just realized...

We are people on the internet...

I'm not angry and I don't "hate it". But that being said it's still less than mediocre. The first installment was maybe a
. Maybe. This one is a full box of popcorn below that.

One thing about all the online video reviews of the movie, like the Critical Drinker one as well, how are they able to get all these clips of the movie? Usually reviews of new movies the only footage the reviewers put in the video is that in the trailer. But in reviews of this movie, they are litereally show the ending and everything. Aren't they worried about getting in trouble for doing that?