Custom Lists: Beta Testing

Tools    

Well, like I said, don't put yourself out, but there is definitely value on my end at least from at least confirming it's a super rare (and maybe not consistently reproducible) bug. It would let me rest easy at night and maybe even throw together a simple tool to simple let people delete dupes or something. Mostly I just want to make sure there is a more fundamental flaw in there, which is fairly plausible given the complexity this system has reached (particularly the steps I've had to take to build it up over time, rather than from the ground-up knowing in advance all the places I would eventually decide to take it).

Anyway, I appreciate all these efforts quite a bit. I'm gonna try to trace the process once more. I think the browser thing is less likely than a few other things, anyway, so we'll see if the last patch I uploaded this afternoon stops it from happening. Obviously it's rare enough that we won't really "know" but if you're fiddling with these regularly for a month or two and it hasn't recurred, I'll call that a win.

Well, half a win, since my "fix" is less "figure out why there's two copies" and more "just delete the copies before they make their way into the database." Not as good as figuring out why it happened exactly, but acceptable.

During editing, can we have the entries numbers in case we need to make edits because a corresponding list on another website was recently edited?

During editing, can we have the entries numbers in case we need to make edits because a corresponding list on another website was recently edited?
Definitely going to add this, yes.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Damn, lost my post. I'll try to remember the phrasing, but it's getting blurry.

1) I had an error message appearing shortly as I was adding a film to my "At sea" list, which is around 50 items-long. I was adding https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4696222/ by its url, through the little IMDB/TMDB window. As usual, it took me two tries.

2) The message was something like "cannot enter more than 25 titles". Sorry, the exact phrasing was lost with my first post.

3) There's been no visible consequences. Maybe there would have been duplicates without your new safeguards, who knows.

4) I'm on Opera. I currently have its built-in protection on. It tells me that it blocks two trackers on this site. One is stats.g.doubleclick.net, the other is instant.page.

5) There was a 3rd tracker that was blocked. It doesn't appear on the list anymore. Thing is, as I first wrote this post, I decided to deactivate Opera's protection for this site, and it refreshed my page, erasing the post I was writing. And so, erasing the more accurate phrasing of the error message, along with the name of the 3rd blocked tracker. [Edit: third blocked tracker was unpkg.com]

Anyway, these are today's new clues. In case they help with something.

Definitely going to add this, yes.
Okay, added this: it should number your entries now, update them when you add/remove/reorder, etc.

There's a decent chance I'm forgetting some edge case here so let me know if there's some narrow circumstance where it borks.

Damn, lost my post. I'll try to remember the phrasing, but it's getting blurry.

1) I had an error message appearing shortly as I was adding a film to my "At sea" list, which is around 50 items-long. I was adding https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4696222/ by its url, through the little IMDB/TMDB window. As usual, it took me two tries.

2) The message was something like "cannot enter more than 25 titles". Sorry, the exact phrasing was lost with my first post.

3) There's been no visible consequences. Maybe there would have been duplicates without your new safeguards, who knows.

4) I'm on Opera. I currently have its built-in protection on. It tells me that it blocks two trackers on this site. One is stats.g.doubleclick.net, the other is instant.page.

5) There was a 3rd tracker that was blocked. It doesn't appear on the list anymore. Thing is, as I first wrote this post, I decided to deactivate Opera's protection for this site, and it refreshed my page, erasing the post I was writing. And so, erasing the more accurate phrasing of the error message, along with the name of the 3rd blocked tracker. [Edit: third blocked tracker was unpkg.com]

Anyway, these are today's new clues. In case they help with something.
Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner.

The only message close to the one you describe is "You can only add up to 100 movies per list"--could it have been that? Is it possible you were using the Countdown Ballot instead, since it looks similar and does, in fact, have a limit of 25?