Documentaries

Tools    

I only read half a sentence that describes what this is and it includes "watering-hole" "refuge" and "frightened".

Clearly, I'm in.
Ironically, I was slightly drunk when I watched it, but I think the doc offered a highly detailed portrait of the regular customers of the bar, with this extending to the staff members, the backstories/thoughts of a few of the regular customers, and even a few kids trying to get drunk in the back. Some people may have trouble relating to a group of alcoholics, but l saw tragedy in how the bar, where the unorthodox behavior of the various customers was welcomed and fit that environment, was about to close for good. In most other settings, many of those people would be seen as immature, but in there, the bar acted as a refuge for them, albeit a temporary one.

Overall, highly recommended.

One of my favorite films that year, but not a documentary, although it seems, I might be wrong. "I'm proud I became an alcoholic after I was already a failure, because failure alcoholics are boring."

One of my favorite films that year, but not a documentary, although it seems, I might be wrong. "I'm proud I became an alcoholic after I was already a failure, because failure alcoholics are boring."
I was curious, so I went to Google it. Here's an article I came across:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...virtual-cinema

It looks like it's actually a cross between documentary and fiction.

Excellent documentary. COVID as seen inside China from the inception to the present time.

I have zero interest in golf, but I enjoyed this documentary. What a complex character Tiger Woods is. Aired before his latest catastrophic car crash, but plenty of other misjudgments to explore.

Interesting documentary about the legal conflict between a lesbian couple & the sperm donor for their youngest daughter.