Rhys' Fabulous Viewing Diary of Fabulousness

→ in
Tools    

I rewatched it recently too. Really good film.

I never saw 'Hold the Dark' which he and Blair teamed up to do. Reviews were poor.
Oh I was not aware of this film, I might have to give it a watch anyway and see what I think!

HAPPY DEATH DAY
DIRECTED BY CHRISTOPHER LANDON
2017 / UNITED STATES

"Who takes their date to Subway? Besides, it's not like you have a footlong."

Groundhog Day meets campy-slasher, Happy Death Day is an amusing black comedy horror movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. Tree (Jessica Rothe) is a college girl who finds herself trapped in a nightmarish loop after a night of partying. Later the following evening, which happens to fall on her Birthday, she is murdered by a figure in a creepy mask that resembles her school mascot only to wake up to start the day all over again...and again...and again... Tree soon realises that she needs to figure out who is responsible for killing her to end her ordeal.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
HAPPY DEATH DAY
DIRECTED BY CHRISTOPHER LANDON
2017 / UNITED STATES

"Who takes their date to Subway? Besides, it's not like you have a footlong."

Groundhog Day meets campy-slasher, Happy Death Day is an amusing black comedy horror movie that doesn't take itself too seriously. Tree (Jessica Rothe) is a college girl who finds herself trapped in a nightmarish loop after a night of partying. Later the following evening, which happens to fall on her Birthday, she is murdered by a figure in a creepy mask that resembles her school mascot only to wake up to start the day all over again...and again...and again... Tree soon realises that she needs to figure out who is responsible for killing her to end her ordeal.

I watched Happy Death Day for the horror movie countdown. I'm not a horror movie fan, but I thought it was a pretty good movie. It didn't make my final list, but it was good enough that I considered it for my list.

THE PURGE
DIRECTED BY JAMES DEMONACO
2013 / UNITED STATES & FRANCE
RE-WATCH

"Just remember all the good the purge does."

After becoming aware of the release of a fifth Purge movie, The Forever Purge, I was enticed to re-watch the first film and start making my way through the franchise. I'm not entirely sure how many of the films I have already seen, but I suspect I have only seen the first two. This first addition to the series is quite dull though and takes itself far too seriously to pull off some of the directions that it takes within the plot. I like the masks though.

THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR (2016)
Dir. James DeMonaco

FREE GUY (2021)
Dir. Shawn Levy

PADDINGTON (2014)
Dir. Paul King

THE FIRST PURGE (2018)
Dir. Gerard McMurray

OVER THE HEDGE (2006)
Dir. Tim Johnson & Karey Kirkpatrick

RE-WATCH

NIGHT MOVES (1975)