What is the best movie you've seen in 2016 ?

→ in
Tools    

Hello all. What is the best movie you've seen in 2016 ?

I have to return some videotapes...
Sausage Party is probably tied with Jungle Book.

Master of My Domain
Does it have to have come out in 2016, or can it just be a movie I've seen for the first time in 2016?
For me, former is Zootopia, and the latter is probably Rules of the Game.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm a Hail, Caesar! man myself, but we'll see if that changes.

The only 2016 movie I think I've seen is Batman v Superman and I'm not really big on that.

From the movies listed as 2016 on IMDb, I really liked The Nice Guys and Hail, Caesar! a lot.

My 10 favorite films I've seen in 2016 so far (ordered by year):

Faust: Eine deutsche Volkssage (1926) ~ Murnau's genius tackling a profound story.
My Darling Clementine (1946) ~ Great western by Ford that focuses on its interesting characters.
Elevator to the Gallows (1958) ~ A very accomplished film noir with a jazzy Miles Davis score.
Tokyo Drifter (1966) ~ One of the top three most entertaining films I've seen this year.
Le Souffle au Coeur (1971) ~ Great fun with satisfying observational depth.
Naked (1993) ~ A unique piece of cinema that understands its radical content and characters.
Crumb (1994) ~ Mind-blowing documentary. Disturbing and fascinating.
The Last Days of Disco (1998) ~ My personal favorite out of Stillman's unofficial '90s trilogy.
Memories of Muder (2003) ~ Fantastic crime thriller with a great sense of comedy.
Anomalisa (2015) ~ One of the most original films in years. Vintage Kaufman.

I have only seen about 60 films so far this year, but there are definitely other movies that I also really liked as well!

Naked and Crumb were top 10 from last year for me Cob

Not seen any 2016 releases but a top 10 of movies i've watched for the first time this year would probably be something like, in no particular order:

The Fly
Capturing The Friedmans
Anomalisa
Red River
A Streetcar Named Desire
La Haine
Night Moves
Throne of Blood
The Descent
Trick R Treat

Please hold your applause till after the me.
The only good movies of 2016 I've so far are...

5.Hail Cesar
4.Jungle Book
3.10 Cloverfield Lane
2.Deadpool
1.Captain America: Civil War

Hoping to see Nice Guys soon.

No actually, this film from 2013 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Moves_(2013_film). I forgot to include Meeks Cutoff from the same director which is fantastic too.

Not seen the 1975 one.
Both are on my watchlist. Haven't seen any of Kelly Reichardt's films yet, but she looks interesting.

I'd highly recommend the 1975 Night Moves by the way, if you're in the mood for a neo-noir film. I believe I even put it on my '70s list.

I can say Room (i am not sure actually if it's a 2016 movie or not) and captain america civil war.

I have not seen much movies in 2016 but the one move I have seen which is awesome "Jungle Book"