Paranormal Activity 4

Tools    

Ok guys new paranormal activity comes out around the 25th of october this year, anyone find that you enjoyed the last ones or hated?

Any views on what you think the new one will be like?
i think that the third PA was the better/latter so hopefully we will see an improvement again!

Please share your thoughts guys/gals

Peace.

Worst 'horrors' ever.

The main problem is the rumbly sound whenever something scary is about to happen, it completely takes away from what the film is trying to accomplish. Substandard and wooden acting, shame really, the overall story isn't too bad, jusdt the way it was put together is terrible.

I reviewed the first two, rated them as awful, didn't get round to reviewing the third one... just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I think the movies have definitely improved as they went on. My biggest problem is that once you've seen them they're just boring. Definitely one and done kind of movies

that's what she said...
Okay just watched the trailer for Paranormal Activity 4... my thoughts:

Paranormal Activity (the first one) is the only one that I actually enjoyed to where I've see it a handful of times. It seemed really original at the time (Even though there is Blair Witch Project) and truely had me at the edge of my seat while watching it at the theaters. They did a good job starting it off really suttle and making you wonder what would happen each night as things started to get jumpier and jumpier.
Then the 2nd one was a good addition to the first, however, I felt it copied the original too much. At least I still felt like I was actually watching camera footage like the first one. Since I wasn't as much of a fan of the second, I decided to wait to watch Paranormal Activity 3 when it come out on DVD. Boy was I glad... As you all might have read in the thread PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 3, all I could say was that I was extremely dissappointed. PA3 felt like a movie movie.... like, I knew I was just watching a "movie" the whole time. It didn't suck me in. It didn't feel realistic... It was too focused on the extremes. Just really was NOT a fan of the 3rd. Won't watch it again. Now... for the rant of PA4... I'll make it short. Looks stupid. Of course I'm going to watch it when it comes out on DVD because, hey, I'll watch anything once... but it looks way too predictable and the theme of it seems that the writer/director couldn't think of any other ideas. It doesn't look scary whatsoever... it does look like it will be full of jumps from things popping out... but not so much scary. The original made me think about it through the night... like when I heard noises in my house I was like... creeped out... but the others didn't have that effect on me. And this 4th one comming out just reminds me of something to watch just to get a jump here and there... well to all looking forward to it, hope you're not dissappointed in it!! I just have a feeling it will be lame.

The past Paranormal Activities are some of the scariest movies I have seen, I just wonder what else they can do to keep it fresh, if it's just more of the same it might get a little boring.

My thoughts on the whole "Found Footage" films is you either enjoy them or find them boring and I think the key factor is imagination. If you can imagine yourself inside the movie, I think you find them a lot more freaky then if you are purely focused on the characters in it. I personally love all these movies minus the 3rd installment, which I did also enjoy other then the ending which ruined that movie for me.

"Do you know what 'Nemesis' means?"
I've enjoyed all 3 but consider the 2nd one to be superior to the others; to me, the family actually seemed to be fairly natural (outside of the paranormal sequences) & to me seemed believable as a family.

Looking forward to the 4th in the series, but hoping it will be the last & the franchise doesn't do a 'Saw' on us...

I've enjoyed all 3 but consider the 2nd one to be superior to the others; to me, the family actually seemed to be fairly natural (outside of the paranormal sequences) & to me seemed believable as a family.

Looking forward to the 4th in the series, but hoping it will be the last & the franchise doesn't do a 'Saw' on us...
Really? I thought the 2nd one was the inferior one! Personally, it just seemed to skip on the build up, the tension and just dove into the horror and the killing. The 3rd brang it back up to the 1st's epic levels of scariness.

I simply can't wait until this series is dead. The series should have stopped after the first.

It is pretty good in ways, not since Blair Witch has more money been made with so little investment, not that I know of atleast. They did more with 3 then I'd of thought possible, therefore I wouldn't be too terribly suprised if the 4th installment is atleast ok, for its fans anyways, and I'm a fan!

Pretty decent series but it's worn thin. Some people can't get enough, though, and good for them. It's not like I have to watch any more of them.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I simply can't wait until this series is dead. The series should have stopped after the first.
Why wait? just don't watch the series, simple really.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I agree with Deadite that the series has worn a bit thin, but I still think that 2 and 3 were pretty scary. On the ending of the third, I agree with Naisy, that was pretty ridiculous.
With these movies less is more. They are putting too much story in and it's hurting the effect. All you need is camera and possible demon. The first one was so terrifying because
it was so simple.

I'll still watch the fourth one. It's fun to be scared and so far each one has done that.

The official trailer looks great, actually scared me a little bit, they're definitely milking it with this forth one, I have also heard a few rumors about a Paranormal Activity 5.

Thanks for all your thoughts guys,!
I think it is wearing thin now though also, and yes they are deffinatly milking this franchise with a fourth.

The very first movie get great attention of people but after then when its part was coming and going, i really don't know and who cares? I get some other great movie then Paranormal Activity series! I guess PA 5 is about to release. isn't it?

I'm definitely excited for this movie! Can't keep a good franchise down - producers are laughing all the way to the bank I'm sure with the low production quality, but it works!

First one was the best!
The others were ok but I don't think there should be 4.... abit much...

Worst 'horrors' ever.

The main problem is the rumbly sound whenever something scary is about to happen, it completely takes away from what the film is trying to accomplish. Substandard and wooden acting, shame really, the overall story isn't too bad, jusdt the way it was put together is terrible.

I reviewed the first two, rated them as awful, didn't get round to reviewing the third one... just couldn't bring myself to do it.
I'm totally agree with you!!

I have a Paranormal Activity video to present for all of you. It is a series on youtube where we are going to be doing movie reviews while rapping! This one is about Paranormal Activity 4 and it's based on the trailer and how much we wanna see it. What do you think?
Also we've got other movie reviews posted too. If you have time, would love to hear your thoughts.