Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

The King of Comedy - While I know it is praised, and probably not the most underrated among the other Movies Scorsese has done, needs to be talked about more. So sad that the movie was a flop.

Other notable underrated Scorsese movies I really like are After Hours and Bring Out the Dead

Speaking of Reeves, Detachment is highly underrated. A-list drama.
Are you talking about Detachment with Adrien Brody, James Caan, Lucy Liu, Christina Hendricks and Marcia Gay Harden?
I ask this because of the confusion about Keanu Reeves....

I was aware of this movie but hadn't seen it till last night - partly due to the very mixed reviews it received. After your recommendation (assuming this is the same 'Detachment') I watched it. Now I feel those mixed reviews overrated Detachment - I thought it was pretty awful.

I found it to be hyper-stylized, way over-dramatized and utterly humorless. Adrien Brody's character is purported to be some kind of tormented savior, not only of the public school system, but even of all those with whom he comes into contact. However, the only thing he does for the viewer, imo, is transfer his torment.

In terms of insight into the problems facing city public schools, their students and their teachers, it's far more enlightening (and entertaining) to watch Season 4 of The Wire.

Perhaps 'Detachment' could have redeemed itself if it had offered a glimpse of Christina Hendricks' ample bum, but the teacher played by Adrien Brody was too wrapped up in his own pain to open that window for us.

Are you talking about Detachment with Adrien Brody, James Caan, Lucy Liu, Christina Hendricks and Marcia Gay Harden?
I ask this because of the confusion about Keanu Reeves....

I was aware of this movie but hadn't seen it till last night - partly due to the very mixed reviews it received. After your recommendation (assuming this is the same 'Detachment') I watched it. Now I feel those mixed reviews overrated Detachment - I thought it was pretty awful.

I found it to be hyper-stylized, way over-dramatized and utterly humorless. Adrien Brody's character is purported to be some kind of tormented savior, not only of the public school system, but even of all those with whom he comes into contact. However, the only thing he does for the viewer, imo, is transfer his torment.

In terms of insight into the problems facing city public schools, their students and their teachers, it's far more enlightening (and entertaining) to watch Season 4 of The Wire.

Perhaps 'Detachment' could have redeemed itself if it had offered a glimpse of Christina Hendricks' ample bum, but the teacher played by Adrien Brody was too wrapped up in his own pain to open that window for us.
Ya, I accodentally put Reeves when I meant Tony Kaye, as I mentioned for whatever reason I get the two confused. Anyways I can see why many will hate it, but it's not about a solution, but it is about the problem. It's supposed to give a brutal view of inner city education, and I found it unbelievably touching. I mean the cat scene made me stop the movie and take a break. Nursing home scenes turned my stomach inside out. It's pessimistic, but effective.

He's making film called Atachment, Im not sure but it might be more on the future.

Ya, I accodentally put Reeves when I meant Tony Kaye, as I mentioned for whatever reason I get the two confused.

Yes, I read what you wrote about confusing the director Tony Kaye with Keanu Reeves, but that only confused me further about what you were referring to. That's why I checked again.

Second O Brother, Where Art Thou?, very funny movie.

Unbreakable is another one. Some people just don't like it.
Was Unbreakable the one with Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson?? If so I liked that one

Moulin Rouge is another underrated. I hear too many people say, "I didn't like it cause it was a musical".

They were afraid that it would get a negative response if they told everyone it would be a musical. Personally, if you can't handle a different flavor now and then, you don't deserve to judge what others like.
I flipping love Moulin Rouge! It's in my top 10 I do like a good musical every now and then

Here's a couple I've just watched lately that I consider to be very underrated.

"Soldier Blue"[/url]
Directed by Ralph Nelson
starring Candice Bergen, Peter Strauss and Donald Pleasence

Hell is for Heroes[/url]
Directed by Don Siegel
starring Bobby Darin, Fess Parker, Harry Guardino, James Coburn, Mike Kellin, Joseph Hoover, Bill Mullikin and L.Q. Jones

The Black Bird [/url]
Directed by David Giler
starring George Segal, Stéphane Audran and Lionel Stander

Alien³[/url]
Directed by David Fincher
starring Sigourney Weaver, Charles Dutton, Charles Dance, Paul McGann, Brian Glover, Ralph Brown, Daniel Webb, Holt McCallany, Lance Henriksen, Vincenzo Nicoli and Pete Postlethwaite

Battle Circus[/url]
Directed by Richard Brooks
Humphrey Bogart, June Allyson and Keenan Wynn
I'm with you on Alien 3, big fan of all the Alien films

My movies that are underrated :

1. Reflecting Skin (1990) Feels like a Lynch movie but is much more coherent.

2. Lonely are the Brave (1962) In some ways it reminds me of First Blood. Only no Vietnam angle but it does have music from Jerry Goldsmith.

3. The fall (2006) Tarsem Singh did not well with his latest movie "mirror mirror" but this one is a really great fantasy movie.

3. The fall (2006) Tarsem Singh did not well with his latest movie "mirror mirror" but this one is a really great fantasy movie.
This is definitely a style over substance film. It's visually arresting, but there is not too much more there. Still worth a watch, though.

This is definitely a style over substance film. It's visually arresting, but there is not too much more there. Still worth a watch, though.
Agreed. But Singh has always been a style over substance director i mean check The Cell so it shouldn't come as a surprise but i still loved The Fall.

Tarsem Singh did not well with his latest movie "mirror mirror" but this one is a really great fantasy movie.
It's a shame really, he's been going downhill since his stunning film The Fall.

One of the most underrated films, Jackie Brown.

One of the most underrated performances/characters, Max Cherry.

because Tank Girl is a piece of ****?
i think it's a nice and funny sample of base on a comic book. at least you can see feminist perspectif in it. i prefer tank girl to thor or captain america (or any shyamalan movie)
so they all not cinema (i think), they just for fun. and tank girl makes me laugh
10 point from me

i think it's a nice and funny sample of base on a comic book. at least you can see feminist perspectif in it. i prefer tank girl to thor or captain america (or any shyamalan movie)
so they all not cinema (i think), they just for fun. and tank girl makes me laugh
10 point from me
what the hell did I just read