Cracks (2009)

→ in
Tools    

This film is set in an English all girl boarding school. The film revolves around the relationships between the diving team including the students and their teacher. When a new girl joins the team, these relationships become strained. The film is about obsessive love and the consequences which result when obsession is not controlled.

I enjoyed this film very much, I have watched it several times now. I would give it 8/10, good performances all round.

I prefer the book as the film missed/changed things that I would have liked to have seen in the film, the book is more disturbing. It's a film I enjoyed but was slightly let down by it but Eva Green is fantastic in it as Miss G.

I prefer the book as the film missed/changed things that I would have liked to have seen in the film, the book is more disturbing. It's a film I enjoyed but was slightly let down by it but Eva Green is fantastic in it as Miss G.
I agree Eva Green is fantastic, I am a big fan of hers generally.
I haven't read the book but I often find I prefer books to film versions. Would you recommend the book?

I would recommend the book, you will be able to see what they missed out/changed, they even took out everything from the book where it had the girls who are now adults going back to talk about what happened and so on.

I would recommend the book, you will be able to see what they missed out/changed, they even took out everything from the book where it had the girls who are now adults going back to talk about what happened and so on.
Oh really? Thanks for the tip

Yep, I was a little disappointed that they changed so much from the book. Hopefully they can make an adaptation that sticks much closer.