Good Horror Films To Watch

Tools    

two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead..
Se7en
The Devil's Rejects
I absolutely agree with The Devil's Rejects. I'd also recommend House Of 1000 Corpses. it's also done by Rob Zombie. they're both really well done.

for my movie reviews: letterboxd.com/raineotaku

The Shining is my favourite horror movie.
And I really like The Others, Let the Right One In, Freaks, Nosferatu (1922), Alien, Psycho, The Orphanage, The Ring (originaal japanese) and the Grudge (original japanese)

I haven't watched a ton of horror... but I was surprised Psycho (1960) hadn't been mentioned in this thread

Halloween (1978) is my favorite in this genre

Maniac
Tenebre
Crawlspace
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
Peeping Tom
The Innocents
Repulsion
Vampyr
Evil Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

i like insidious. it was a well shot movie that didnt rely on heavy cgi. the story was good and for a newer age horror it felt creepy like the older ones. since most new horrors suck.

A few good recent ones that I think are worth watching are,

The Cabin In The Woods
The Pact

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I enjoyed The Ugly, which is an independent movie focusing on a serial-killer that is seemingly tortured by his "visitors" to kill people, but it's hard to tell whether it's genuine or not. I found it to be a very enjoyable movie in-itself, and was shot considerably well. The blood is black to emphasize that the killer doesn't see people the way that we do, and things like that.

I'm not a huge fan of horrors, I actually used to watch loads when I was younger but now I realize how crappy they were. However, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Misery yet, which I think is a very good one.

Untraceable is a fantastic movie, highly recommended.

Here's my list. I hope I didn't repeat any... Enjoy

247 Degrees Fahrenheit (2011)
ATM (2012)
Chained (2012)
The Loved Ones (2009)
Triangle (2009)

Ill 3rd Untraceable, different and very modern take on the slasher.

If you dont mind subtitles check out Martyrs, Frontiers, Inside and especially Switchblade Romance, all excellent horror films, gory and clever.

Now this I can help with.

Cold Prey
Cold Prey II (Better than the first)
Wrong Turn
Wrong Turn II (Ignore the rest... we're up to 5)
Livid(e)
The Divide
Static
Insidious
Sinister
A Lonely Place To Die
Triangle

Now this I can help with.

Cold Prey
Cold Prey II (Better than the first)
Wrong Turn
Wrong Turn II (Ignore the rest... we're up to 5)
Livid(e)
The Divide
Static
Insidious
Sinister
A Lonely Place To Die
Triangle
Hi Satans Puppet, totally dig Cold Prey, was the best horror movie I had watched in years when it came out, had that proper 80s slasher feel! Intelligent for a horror as well. Need to watcht the 2nd again though, I felt it wasnt as good as the first, lost the originality

There have been some excellent recommendations on this thread. Here are a few of my favs which not many people I know have heard of:
The Devil's Rock
Excision
Wilderness
The Ferryman
Intruder
First Born
Grace
Malevolence
Citadel

Also, if you're into horror comedy:
Hatchet
Black Sheep (not the Chris Farley movie)
Vampire Party
Mutant Girls Squad
Freak Out
Repo: The Genetic Opera
Blood Diner
Zombie Strippers
I Sell the Dead
Fido
Bad Taste