The Amazing Spider Man 2

Tools    

two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead..
Also, not sure if anyone has heard, but apparently Paul Giamatti is going to be possibly be playing The Rhino . As a Spider-Man fan, I'm kinda on the fence about this idea; just me??

for my movie reviews: letterboxd.com/raineotaku

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
There were a lot of mixed reviews when it came to The Amazing Spider-Man, but personally, not only did I find for it to be a deeply entertaining movie, I found it to be deep and well-played, featuring actors with commendable chemistry. A lot of people will run their mouths against them trying to make it parallel Batman's dark and gritty demeanor, but honestly, the only similarity that I saw was the way it was shot.

The cinematography was absolutely amazing, and much better than what we usually see from Marvel characters, although this movie was produced by Sony. I found for the story to be funny when it needed to be funny, and serious when it needed to be serious. I think that it did precisely what it was meant to do, which was apply the idea of Spider-Man onto something from the big-screen, and not trying to copy and paste itself as a cliche comic-book movie. I loved the Sam Raimi films as well, but I think that it was time that Spider-Man was allowed to reach his potential in-greatness.

I thought it was really good. It was one of the better super hero movies in my opinion. Definitely, without a shadow of doubt, the best Spider-Man.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I think that it's all but confirmed that it's going to be Electro in the second-one, Blue Boy, however, he might be seen towards the conclusion as a teaser for the third installment in the series. I don't know, he could certainly be interesting, you gotta know they'll be picking Osbourne sooner or later, but they might hold-off until the fourth movie. The thing is that I don't know if they'll be going to have Rhino be the flag-shipped character of the movie, or have him be a secondary character like Sandman in Spider-Man 3.

Rhino always struck me as more of a second to primary kind-of guy, the guy there for destruction, and not for anything very convoluted or intelligent, which is a primary necessity for any horror movie. Although, then again, I said the same thing about Bane prior to The Dark Knight Rises. However, at least with Bane, in the comic-books, he was carved out as a bad-ass, it was just Batman & Robin where he blew, whereas Rhino has always kind-of been just out there. I've been surprised before though, we'll see.

One thing that I am curious about is whether or not they're going to have Osbourne be similar to how he was in the first movie as Green Goblin, the animated series, or maybe something kind-of like what they did with Shattered Dimensions. For those that don't know, he was basically a relatively large, and fiendish fellow, more psychotic and darkly-based, similar to The Joker from The Dark Knight, but not with the comedic undertones, he was a more apathetic kind-of crazy.

I can't wait for number 2. I really like the first one.

This is what we know/can assume so far:

Electro and Rhino will be appearing in the sequel, along with MJ and Harry.

We can assume from the end of the first film (and the generic plot synopsis that was released) that Peter and Gwen continue to date so when Gwen does eventually die Peter will blame himself.

Apparently Norman Osborn wont become Green Goblin until the third one, so it's unlikely that Gwen will die in this one.

In a recent interview of Jamie Foxx, it sounds like Electro and Spidey will be friends at first.

Rhino is generally a "thug for hire" in the comics and so is electro to an extent, so we can assume that they may be hired by Norman Osborn.

There is an "easter egg" in the first film where we see Rhino on a computer screen in Oscorp. This suggests that he may be a product of Oscorp technology.

I cant wait for the sequels!

Zombie Preparedness Expert
While I wasn't blown away by The Amazing Spider-Man - the fact they have Jaime Foxx and Paul Giamatti on board has reignited my interest in the series. I'll watch it and hope that now that we have yet another origin story out of the way, we can get into the meat of the issue.

I have bad feelings. The first one pretty much turned to crap once Peter became Spidey, so a movie starting with him as a hero already might be really awful.

Little bit more news...

Amazing Spider-Man 2 has a relatively new production cast too...

First film prduction...
Director
Marc Webb
Producer
Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach
Writer
James Vanderbilt, Alvin Sargent, Steve Kloves

New line up for the production cast of Amazing 2:

Director
Marc Webb returns

Producer
Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach return...
No Laura Ziskin for this one

Writer
James Vanderbilt returns
Alvin Sargent and Steve Kloves aren't returning

New writers on board...
Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (Misson Impossible 3, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, Watchmen)
Jeff Pinkner (The Beast, Fringe, Alias, Lost)

Just another movie Guru
*burns out eyes with welding torch*

NOT THE MARY JANE THIS FILM NEEDS.

While I'm sure her acting is fine in other movies, she sucks in Secret Life, and seeing her without trademark red hair, damnit it sucks. She will kill this movie, unless she's not a big part of it.

Damnit all.

In an earlier post I said Dane DeHaan was in talks to star as Harry Osborn... turns out he has been cast in the role.

As much as this isn't the Raimi franchise. The Amazing Spider-man was bloody entertaining and I do think had Raimi continued we wouldn't have been disappointed but I do like the new spin on Spider-Man! I really do, Gwen Stacy is back and there's a lot of story to be told, Sony just needs to take the time and allow the franchise to flourish and not rush the sequels like they did with #3.

On the outside looking in.

If The Amazing Spider-Man can be seen as the "Batman Forever" of the Spidey franchise -- and I think that it can -- then this looks to be "Batman & Robin."