Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Amazing Spider-Man. An enjoyable flick. Not a masterpiece but it doesn't have to be. I prefer the first one anyway, even though I'm not a fan of the films or the character in general.

The Village 9/10 The ending left a lot hanging, and I wanted to see more. It badly needs a sequel.

I watched a peice of crap last night, The Phantom from 1931. Waste of time, the acting was terrible, it was slow and draggy, lousy script. The lead actress was a very pretty woman, but she had a voice that would open cans. She must have been one of those who couldnt make the transition from silent movies into sound. She reminded me of the Jean Hagen character in Singin In The Rain.

Silver Linings Playbook

Great movie, and I only have good things to say about it. Enjoyed every minute of it, one of the best flicks that I've seen of this genre.

I really liked the direction and the chemistry between Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, and I think that the film deserves all of the nominations that it has received at the Academy Awards.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Citizen Ruth: 2 / 5

The film's message was clear within the first fifteen minutes, and was followed by another 90 minutes of beating me over the head with its thesis statement. The final shot isn't so much a revelation as it is a high school concluding paragraph, blatantly repeating what the whole paper said with little reworking. One of Payne's weaker efforts.

Mama - 4.5/10

Yet another poorly written and executed horror film that I misjudged for possibly being decent by the previews alone... The majority of horror films over the last 10+ years have suffered from this crap.

Finally saw Zero Dark Thirty. With this film topping so many critics list I expected to fall in love. The last third is very good, and this is another very strong Bigelow film. But ultimately would fall in the 8-12 range based on everything else I saw in 2012. 7.5/10

Just watched The Pact, it offers some good scares and horror fans should enjoy it, however it's nothing special and will probably be forgotten quickly, I would give it 6 out of 10.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari: 4 / 5

Very interesting, and mesmerizing, said to be the first film to introduce a twist ending (And so it appears that twist endings haven't evolved much at all). Loved the style and I wish there was some form of German expressionism in use today, It's a really interesting and mesmerizing setup, the intricacies and absurdities of the set design.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Hostel Part III - 5.5/10.0

I actually enjoyed the first two Hostel movies (although neither gets more than a 7.5), but this movie, I think, represents the series jumping the shark.

Mama - 4/10
Pretty standard horror until the ending which was just bizarre.

Theres no TV where I live so I watch a lot of videos. Ive got a fair collection of movies, some good, some terrible and most of them average. I watched one last night, an old 1941 Monogram flick called I Killed That Man. Not a bad show for a poverty row studio flick. The dialogue was snappy, good story line, acceptable acting. Above all that, it had my sweetie in it, Iris Adrian. I wouldnt kick her out of bed for eating crackers. Too bad she gets knocked off halfway through the movie. 4 out of 5, this one.

Before Sunrise: 4 / 5

I wanted to get into what looks to be a very unique trilogy. Basically a conversation as a whole film, the kind of conversation that can only happen between people who know each other almost completely, or not at all. Maybe a little too aware of what it's trying to do, just as its characters are aware of what they're attempting. A little less thought-provoking than Certified Copy, but very well written and enjoyable.