How Did You Choose Your Profile Name?

Tools    

^very interesting and informative, short and sweet with no whining

my username is near to my name. ozge+n
that's all. i have no story
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Heinlein

When I was little I played the first Tenchu game and it was by far my favorite. I was obsessed with ninjas. I wrote a page full of potential ninja names and "Ricomu" was my favorite. It's been my go-to username since.

If you do a lot of internet digging you'll find an attempt at a website by a very young me. It talks about the "Rin Pyo Toh Sha Kai Jin Retsu Zai Zin" (can't believe I remembered that) that Rikimaru (sp?) chants in a cut scene.

My brother had a cat called Billymaru... named after the fact he was completely black, faster than lightning when he needed to be and could vanish at will then reappear out of nowhere... usually with a dead mouse or bird.

He was going to call him Billy, but he loved Tenchu as well so he added the 'maru' at the end.
He is Billymaru, he is a shadow.

My brother had a cat called Billymaru... named after the fact he was completely black, faster than lightning when he needed to be and could vanish at will then reappear out of nowhere... usually with a dead mouse or bird.

He was going to call him Billy, but he loved Tenchu as well so he added the 'maru' at the end.
I was thinking something totally different...lol!

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
I was watching Fright Night (the original) and the character Peter Vincent introduced himself just as I was registering, hence the creation of the profile PeterVincent.

I know...it's an intense story.

Lol. That's awesome. Tenchu was amazing.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
Well HG Wells is one of my favorite writers and the War of the Worlds is one of my favorite books and in the book the alien invaders are called Tripods so being the sci-fi dork I am I went with this name.

There are those who call me...Tim.
About 9 or 10 years ago I was a member of another online community, although since it was the first one I was a prominent member of I thought of it as more of an online family, and I carried my name from that one onto here.

In all honesty, I can't remember the reason why I chose Ash_lee, apart from perhaps being fond of the name Ash at the time.

I can guess however, that I probably thought Ash wasn't enough and decided to bulk it up slightly. No doubt trying to be clever, I decided to do this by mutilating a regular Christian name and splitting it into a full name with Surname.

I still don't like unnecessary empty spaces (or what I believe to be unnecessary), which is probably why I joined everything together with an underscore (hyphen's are untidy dammit!).

And thus Ash_Lee was born.

What a tedious story

that's what she said...
simple:

lundy is my nickname (My last name is Lundberg)
1026 is Oct 26 [2008], the day me and my man FINALLY first started dating after knowing eachother for 7 years and me wanting him SO bad. We are just 2 weeks and 1 day away from our 4 year anniversary! And happy as can be!

Well, always carried around with my last name as my username. So woaow now you know my last name, + I'm norwegian so you might not get it..

My profile name is rather self-explanatory, but I'll describe how I chose it anyway:

WSS is short for West Side Story, which is my all time favorite movie. My profile name denotes my love for this great, venerable old classic.

two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead..
It's a horror movie reference.
and a good movie reference at that ! As for me, I chose my Profile Name from lyrics from a song by one of my favorite bands
[Song; Caraphernelia Band; Pierce The Veil]

for my movie reviews: letterboxd.com/raineotaku

Welcome to the human race...
Aye, it's been done (What does your username mean?) but a topic like this is worth re-doing as new people show up.

I'll summarize mine: it used to be different, I used a Yoda avatar all the time, so then I changed it.
I had a feeling I'd already started this thread before. Also, what did TWTCommish (is that how it's spelled?) mean anyway?

As for my name, well, I liked Metal Gear Solid 2 at the time and "Iroquois" was an alias used by one of the game's characters that I thought sounded cool so I decided to use it.

Mine means in Romanian something like "don't worry!" (there are, in fact, two words: "stai linistit")...

I said that a lot to my parents while I was preparing for my high school final exams, because they didn't see me studying...