Tron: Legacy

Tools    

I think not making a remake is brilliant.

Tron is a period piece and the graphics of that period are period perfect.

The new movie is also a period piece and will reflect the computer graphics of this time period.

Brilliant.

I am glad that Jeff Bridges will be in Tron. Jeff was great in the first Tron.
http://www.singact.com/images/ToJohn...effBridges.jpg

The supplemental DVD with the two-disc edition for the first movie has a great documentary on it about the history of the film.

As excited as I am to see that they are revitalizing something as iconic as Tron in a way that doesn't take away from the original (for a change), it's too early for me to decide if I'm really excited. I was excited about The Spirit based on the hype and the trailer and the cast... until I saw the movie. I think I just vomited in my throat a little just talking about it... anyways, I'm wondering how many movies Jeff Bridges is going to be in... is it just that he makes such a cool villain? Is he the villain? I don't mind, just curious.

New Tron Legacy Poster & Image

A brand new poster and image have been released online for the upcoming sci-fi sequel, Tron Legacy. Since Comic-Con this year where it had a pretty big presence, the Tron sequel has attracted quite a lot of interest from fans, because of the look (which has been kept reminiscent of the original bold neon style but inevitably updated), as well as the obvious reason of seeing Tron on the big-screen again after so many years.

Before we get to the new poster and image, here’s a new official synopsis for Tron Legacy:

TRON: LEGACY is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that’s unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (GARRETT HEDLUND), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (JEFF BRIDGES), looks into his father’s disappearance and finds himself pulled into the digital world of Tron where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin’s loyal confidant Quorra (OLIVIA WILDE), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey of escape across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.
Courtesy of HeyUGuys (thanks to AICN), here’s the new poster and image from Tron Legacy:

We already know Tron Legacy is going to hit not just regular theaters but also 3D IMAX, too. Now this may not seem like much of a big deal (as it seems to be becoming the norm these days), but it at least suggests we’re in for a visual feast that can only be appreciated on the big-screen.

There’s some speculation circling that we might see a new trailer for Tron Legacy pretty soon. Until then, here’s another look at the first official teaser trailer that was released this year at Comic-Con. If you’ve not seen the trailer yet, you’re in for a treat (especially if you’re a Tron fan), and if you have already seen it, what the heck? Check it out again!

&feature=fvw

For the full HD version of the trailer, go HERE.

Tron Legacy hits regular and 3D IMAX theaters on December 17th, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

New Tron: Legacy Trailer Coming Soon

According to the Tron Sector forums the first official trailer for Tron: Legacy will be in front of Avatar. The trailer that’s been online over the past few months was from Comic Con, so this new trailer is expected to show actual footage from the film.

Source: Filmonic

New Tron Legacy Image of Jeff Bridges Arrives

Walt Disney Pictures has revealed a brand new image of Jeff Bridges from the upcoming sequel Tron Legacy, which is set to arrive in theaters everywhere on December 17.

Tron Legacy stars Garrett Hedlund, Jeff Bridges, Bruce Boxleitner, Olivia Wilde, Beau Garrett and Michael Sheen.

Source: Movieweb

Tron Legacy Trailer is Finally Here! (Plus 20 New Images)

The first official trailer for Tron Legacy has finally been released online courtesy of program-glitch-esc.net, a part of the online marketing alternate reality game (ARG) that loyal Tron fans have been participating in for some time.

This same ARG is what led to the premiere of this trailer in five cities around the world last Saturday where each of those five cities had one location hosting an “event” which we found out upon screening, was the premiere of this trailer. While many who attended came out incredibly disappointed that the event and their travels were for a single viewing of a 2-minute trailer soon to be released a week later, no one could deny that the trailer itself was all kinds of awesome.

The teaser trailer runs a length of 2:20 and the first 1:20 exactly are in the “real world” before Sam Flynn, the sequel’s protagonist, makes his way to the infamous arcade which will lead him into the Tron universe. Take note of his biking abilities as they no doubt will come in handy when he gets to ride some lightcycles.

Check it out and see what Disney and director Joseph Kosinski have been working on for quite some time:

While visuals are the selling point of Tron Legacy as you can tell from the trailer, this does truly look cool in 3D as well. This is one of the few upcoming 3D releases that will be worthy of the technology and glasses. If you think this is awesome looking, you will be blown away when you see it on the big screen.

On top of it looking totally awesome, the sound and music of Tron Legacy are big selling points too as you can tell by the Daft Punk work in the background of this trailer. Much like Avatar being the 3D visual-effects-heavy epic of the last holiday season, debuting on December 18th, Tron Legacy is following suit in the same fashion, releasing this December 17th, 2010 – the exact same weekend opening date for this year’s holiday season

If you saw Alice in Wonderland this past weekend, you may have been fortunate enough to see this teaser (remember, it’s just a teaser). It did not however, debut online over the weekend as moviegoers were instead treated to the release of the brand new Iron Man 2 trailer. However, after Jeff Bridges took home his well-deserved and long-awaited Oscar win for Crazy Heart, it’s a good time to show off this upcoming project of his.

Here’s 20 images from the trailer:

Tron Legacy stars Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Michael Sheen, Olivia wilde, Serinda Sawn, Bruce Boxleitner and John Hurt. It opens in theaters on December 17th, 2010.

Cool New Tron Legacy Billboards

Those who went to see Alice In Wonderland in 3D were awed and amazed by the Tron Legacy trailer, which showed us a seemingly action-packed sci-fi/adventure that is going to be the first true showcase of “proper” 3D technology since James Cameron unveiled Avatar to the world.

Now that people have Tron Legacy firmly implanted on their radar for 2010, the Disney promotional machine has started kicking into gear, leading off with a series of Tron Legacy billboards, which combine to tell a nice little story.

In case you’re one of those people who doesn’t know anything about the Tron universe, here’s a quick synopsis of the original 1982 film, which starred (now Oscar-winner) Jeff Bridges:

Hacker Kevin Flynn (Bridges) is literally abducted into the world of a computer and forced to participate in gladiatorial games where his only chance of escape is with the help of a heroic security program.
Here is the synopsis for Tron Legacy:

Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn, looks into his father’s disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin’s loyal confidant, father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.
One of the biggest and most memorable sequences from the original Tron is the light-cycle chase. These new billboards being released for Tron Legacy honor that iconic moment by combining to give us a look at what kind of light-cycle mania we can expect from this sequel. Check them out:

Oh wait, I already know what’s next: Disney World giving its famous monorail system a Tron Legacy makeover!

Tron Legacy will be in theaters on December 17, 2010.

The Tron Legacy Viral Event

Encom International Executive Consultant Alan Bradley (played by Bruce Boxleitner) said at the fictional press conference that the whereabouts of his close friend, Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), are still unknown and have been for the last 20 years. Bradley also announced that an online version of the company's video game "Space Paranoids" will soon be available with 15 never-before-seen levels. Lora Baines (played by Cindy Morgan) joined Bradley on stage and it was revealed that they are now married. You can watch the press conference below.

The viral event didn't quite go as planned though, as Bradley was supposed to be interrupted by either Kevin Flynn supporters from FlynnLives.com or an illuminated man jumping out of the Encom helicopter during his speech. Due to high winds the helicopter didn't come until after his speech was over. But who was the jumper that landed behind the Encom display? The below video posted later online revealed that it was Sam Flynn (played by Garrett Hedlund)

Before the jump happened, the Kevin Flynn supporters did take over the stage wearing t-shirts and carrying homemade signs to make their presence known.

Source: ComingSoon.net

Tron Legacy Writers Penning Sequel

Walt Disney Pictures is moving forward with a sequel to Tron Legacy. Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, the "Lost" writers/executive producers who co-wrote the first film, have started writing a sequel to the December 17 release.

Heat Vision says that the duo is working on a way to round the story into a trilogy. The trade adds that no deals have been made with "Legacy" director Joseph Kosinski and cast members to retun, though options were placed in the original deals.

Coming to 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D theaters, Tron Legacy stars Jeff Bridges, Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, Bruce Boxleitner, James Frain, Beau Garrett and Michael Sheen.

In the film, Sam Flynn (Hedlund), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (Bridges), looks into his father's disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin's loyal confidant (Wilde), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

Source: ComingSoon.net

A system of cells interlinked
Of course we care - especially since you put all this shiny new coverage up.

I must say, I have a crush on the lil glowing chick on the plastic couch - hope here character is well done!

Haha - yeah, we definitely care! Everything from this movie looks pretty freaking awesome. I saw a couple new pics up as well today - looks like the bad guys from the movie? Either way, they also look pretty well...bad-a**.

New Tron: Legacy Photos

Firstshowing has found a secret stash of Tron: Legacy photos in the new Space Paranoids online game, and damn do they look cool. Apparently in the game (which is available for free online), you can find secret barcodes that when typed into a specific server, unlock new photos from the upcoming sequel to the beloved 80s classic, Tron.

If the photos and the previously released trailer are any indication, Legacy will be following in its predecessors footsteps as far as special effects go. The light bikes, in particular, seem as awe-inspiring as the original effects likely were to audiences circa 1982. And though it may be hard for it to top Avatar in technical advancement, the CGI rendering is nothing to be scoffed at. If you don’t believe me, check out the photos below.

Jeff Bridges (Tron, The Big Lebowski) will be taking on his old role alongside relative newcomer Garrett Hedlund (Eragon, Troy) who will be playing his son.

For more photos and gigantic versions of those above, check out Firstshowing. Tron: Legacy hits theaters December 16th.

Source: Filmonic