Sherlock Holmes

Tools    

In the Beginning...
Yes.

Guy Ritchie is adapting a Sherlock Holmes adventure to film. Glorious. I literally can't wait to see what he does with it.

Originally Posted by Slashfilm.com
Guy Richie Directing Sherlock Holmes for Warner Bros.
Posted on Wednesday, June 4th, 2008 at 1:25 pm by: Hunter Stephenson

Well, it looks like Guy Ritchie and Joel Silver’s Sgt. Rock will have to wait. Ritchie will direct Sherlock Holmes for Warner Bros., an adaptation of producer Lionel Wigram’s upcoming comic book. Neil Marshall was previously attached to helm, and WB has said that the film will have the same realism and seriousness as Batman Begins. Mirroring our modern man (yeah, right), this iteration of Holmes will focus more on the character’s formidable pugilism, swordsmanship (hello, ladies) and an appetite for, yep, adventure. Dan Lin (The Departed, 10,000 BC, Terminator 4) will co-produce.

Created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in the 19th Century, some of the British detective’s “Victorian stuffiness” will be nixed for the 2010 film. Whether this means no appearance by Holmes’s silly hat, monocled fashion, or his signature pipe was not specified. Dr. John H. Watson will remain Holmes’s affable sidekick. Let’s hope Watson’s not reenvisioned as a bitchin’ kite-surfer with an addiction to Red Bull.

Ritchie is clearly untested when it comes to studio blockbusters, and I wonder how much of his frenetic style will transfer over. But it sounds like a cool project for him and I’m glad it’s a Brit in the director’s chair. And a cool movie for audiences too, as long as the dizzying sleuth-dom isn’t overshadowed by madcap stunts a la a Brosnan Bond or with rapper actors. I’ve always wanted to see DDL play Holmes (who wouldn’t), and I’m really curious to see who lands the two main roles here. Sounds like WB will be “casting up,” which always brightens the day at Slashfilm.

llol

This could be very, very bad. Though, if Robert Downey Jr. gets the part of Holmes (as is rumoured) then I might become more interested in seeing it.... Wanting to see a Guy Ritchie film? I'm having trouble getting my head around that concept.

Dude. Guy Ritchie is the MAN, man!
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

No, he's a muppet who runs around with a camera and calls it directing. It's a bit like watching the end of Linklater's Slacker (where they mess about with a Super 8 and then throw it off the cliff) except that the whole film's like that.

My friend's Uncle is writing this with Guy Ritchie on his latest film, didn't actually think to ask what it was about lol.

I am half agony, half hope.
Sasha Baron Cohen and Will Ferrell are doing a Sherlock Holmes also.

Move over Guy Ritchie, Sacha Baron Cohen and Will Ferrell are stepping up to take on the detective Sherlock Holmes! Cohen and Ferrell have officially been cast in Sony's currently untitled comedy as Holmes and Watson, respectively. While there is no director attached yet, Judd Apatow is producing and Etan Cohen (Idiocracy, Tropic Thunder) is writing the script. The comedy is inspired by Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes tales, but as for where the comedy will come from, we can only expect it will be an over-the-top quirky comedy similar to Get Smart.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/...erlock-holmes/

Johann von Goethe

A system of cells interlinked
No, he's a muppet who runs around with a camera and calls it directing. It's a bit like watching the end of Linklater's Slacker (where they mess about with a Super 8 and then throw it off the cliff) except that the whole film's like that.
A muppet?

That makes sense.

You guys are telling me u didnt like lock stock?? or snatch??
classic films man!

You guys are telling me u didnt like lock stock?? or snatch??
classic films man!
Snatch is just about bearable, but only if there's absolutely nothing else to do. Actually I have seen it twice and both times I was ill in bed, so I really couldn't do anything else.

Lock, Stock... On the other hand was just horrible. I truly hated it.

Sasha Baron Cohen and Will Ferrell are doing a Sherlock Holmes also.
I've heard about this (there are/were also rumours that Russell Brand will be playing the villain of the piece) and this sounds even worse than the Ritchie one. I'll only be seeing this in hell... And it'll be on a loop for eternity.

He directed "Revolver" with Jason Statham, which was really good.

Thanks Sleezy, I think it sounds like its right in my wheel house.

He directed "Revolver" with Jason Statham, which was really good.
No offence, but I won't take your word for it. The words "directed by Guy Ritchie" and "Starring Jason Statham" aren't the necessary words to get me to see a film. I don't hate Statham, but that is the only tick in the pro column.

Sherlock Holmes is coming to the big screen? This can be a great idea, but Guy Ritichie has already made some movies which sucked big time -- Guy Ritchie's films usually turn out to be flops, but in this case, you can't really tell before you see the movie.

Sherlock Holmes film cool

Guy Ritchie directing not cool.

I mean WTF!!!

Snatch is just about bearable, but only if there's absolutely nothing else to do. Actually I have seen it twice and both times I was ill in bed, so I really couldn't do anything else.

Lock, Stock... On the other hand was just horrible. I truly hated it.
Well i guess thats just your, like, opinion man.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This could be very interesting, ill keep an eye open for it definatly.