The Oscar Race 2012

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm pulling for Argo to get a nomination.

Suspect's Reviews

I'm pulling for Argo to get a nomination.
After it aired at Toronto it apparently get the biggest applause and the last 4/5 who have done so have gone on to win the Best Picture award I think I've read, I think Ebert wrote in his journal that he wouldn't be surprised if it done so again. It's based on a real life American mission isn't it? That makes me think that it could do so purely based on the plot, they like things about the country.

I really want to see Argo now after all the reviews I've read about it, sounds really good.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Argo won't win, though I haven't seen it. In all honesty I can't remember the last time a movie debuted so early in the year and won (especially that didn't start on an international level), though I could be wrong.

Argo won't win, though I haven't seen it. In all honesty I can't remember the last time a movie debuted so early in the year and won (especially that didn't start on an international level), though I could be wrong.
I'm pretty sure I read like the last 5 best pictures winners were all released around August/September and played at the Toronto film festival, received the biggest applause and ended up winning best picture.

I'm talking about movie theaters releases. I know at least where I'm around The Artist, King's Speech, and Hurt Locker weren't viewable till at least December.

I'm talking about movie theaters releases. I know at least where I'm around The Artist, King's Speech, and Hurt Locker weren't viewable till at least December.
Ah okay, well to be honest I have no idea really, I've only really started paying attention to films seriously, awards etc. this year, by the way this is the quote I was referring to from Ebert if you were interested

The winner of the Academy Award for Best Picture will be Ben Affleck's tense new thriller "Argo." How do I know this? Because it is the audience favorite coming out of the top-loaded opening weekend of the Toronto Film Festival. Success at Toronto has an uncanny way of predicting Academy winners; I point you to the Best Pictures of the last five years in a row: "No Country for Old Men," "Slumdog Millionaire," "The Hurt Locker," "The King's Speech" and "The Artist."

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
After it aired at Toronto it apparently get the biggest applause and the last 4/5 who have done so have gone on to win the Best Picture award I think I've read, I think Ebert wrote in his journal that he wouldn't be surprised if it done so again. It's based on a real life American mission isn't it? That makes me think that it could do so purely based on the plot, they like things about the country.

I really want to see Argo now after all the reviews I've read about it, sounds really good.
well, the TRUE STORY is that Canada had more to do with the mission than the Americans, but don't tell that to Ben Affleck. He'll tell ya different.

Argo looks like will be nominated.
I bet Daniel Day-Lewis will be nominated, if not win.

I hope Argo is better than the mediocrity Ben has been churning out as a director so far. The story seems intriguing enough, and I've actually been looking forward to it, so I hope it doesn't dissapoint. Otherwise, I'll probably give up on the guy.

I hope Argo is better than the mediocrity Ben has been churning out as a director so far. The story seems intriguing enough, and I've actually been looking forward to it, so I hope it doesn't dissapoint. Otherwise, I'll probably give up on the guy.
Watched it on premier, I think it's the best of 2012 thus far (from what I've seen) truly pushed to be historically accurate, I think it'll get several nominations.

But this is from someone who enjoyed the other two of his works

"Predictable" as it may have seemed, Gone Baby Gone is a fantastic translation of Lehane's novel. The Town, while not cinematically groundbreaking, is still a solid film.

Zero Dark Thirty is picking up wins left, right and centre. However, considering Bigelow won for a very 'similar' film, not too long ago, will the Oscars really reward her again?

The Master certainly deserves an Oscar, especially Mihai Malaimare's amazing cinematography in The Master.
Daniel Day-Lewis should win Best Actor in Lincoln.

And many others upcoming films deserve Oscars : Django Unchained, Seven Psychopaths, Gangster Squad...

http://bradmovietalk.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

Seems like a strange year. Everyone thinks The Master, Les Miserables, Zero Dark Thirty, Lincoln will all have multiple wins. Who knows really? If any film was going to dominate the oscars this year, I'd have to side with Les Miserables as well.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I saw Les Mis on Broadway in the second row on my honeymoon, and I've been waiting 25 years for it to be released as a movie.

I know this is off topic but I've always wished their was a category for best comedy and comedic performance. A least an oscar for best comedic performance. Be fun to see who would win a comedy oscar race ha.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)