Best & Worst Films Of 2011

Tools    

I didn't see nearly enough films I had planned to see this year and i'm a bit disappointed in myself for that. There were a films I avoided like the plague though simply because I knew that there was little to no chance that I would enjoy them. Cinema is just too expensive these days for me to chance a bad film.

Best: Drive, Black Swan, I Saw The Devil, The Fighter,

Worst: Hangover 2, Thor. I'm pretty certain that had I watched Green Latern, Captain America, Transformers 3, Larry Crowne etc they would be making this list.

I wanted to pursue lesser budgeted and more personal films this year. I failed. I don't intend on doing so in 2012.

No Apologies. No Regrets.
Worst: Transformers 3
Best: Super 8, and I would have to also put cowboys & aliens up there just because of its uniqueness

Way too many potentially good flicks to cram into the next five or six weeks, but thus far my favorites are The Artist, The Tree of Life, Melancholia, Incendies, Even the Rain, Take Shelter, The Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Moneyball, Hugo, Drive, The Guard, Terri, How to Die in Oregon, The Muppets, Super...

Happily I don't subject myself to many movies I just know aren't going to be my thing very often anymore (for example, movies starring Adam Sandler or Kevin James or both), but from the few that I did see so far from this year's crop, my least-favorites included the Arthur re-make and Hobo with a Shotgun, I guess. And Poetry, I found that insufferable.
Yeah that

Movie Forums Extra
Best Bollywood movies of 2011

Singham
The Dirty Picture
Ready
Force
Stanley Ka Dabba

Worst: Transformers 3
All over this.

I saw about 40 minutes of this the other day. Obviously I didn't bother with this before, same as the other two. The utter shitness of this film made the crap I thought it'd be look like a masterpiece. I think I was 5 minutes away from drilling a hole in my head and pouring bleach onto my brain, in a hopeless attempted at removing it from my memory.

If it wasn't for this woman, there'd be nothing good about this film at all. Literally nothing.

BEST:

1. Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol
2. X Men - First Class
3. Contagion

Can't really think of a WORST really. Saw some films which I thought would be better such as Hangover Part 2 and Captain America... Maybe I just decide no to watch much crap?!

Worst is Transformers3 and I liked Sherlock Holmes 2

Best: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2

Worst: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part 1

The Lord of the Rings

Best: Drive,Mission Impossible 4
Worst:Transformers 3

Movies of 2011 I enjoyed
Gnomeo & Juliet
Rango
Paul
Cars 2
Transformers 3 : Darkside of the moon
Gullivers Travels
Red Dog
Abduction
Rio
Mr Popper's Penguins
Thor
Least liked in 2011
Sucker Punch
Super 8
Battle : Los Angeles
Kung Fu Panda 2
Looking forward to
The Hobbit
Ice Age 4

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Wasn't going to bother with this as there are still absolutely loads of films I want to watch (see the huge list at the end), but decided to post this just now so that at some point in the future I can compare and see just how different the list is

My Favourite films of 2011

1. The King's Speech (UK release date - Jan 7th)
2. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (August 11th)
3. X-Men First Class (August 11th)
4. Submarine (March 18th)
5. Source Code (April 1st)
6. Thor (April 27th)
7. Conan O'Brien Can't Stop
8. Senna (June 3rd)
9. Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame (UK DVD release – June 27th)
10. 13 Assassins (May 6th)

Honourable mentions – Kung Fu Panda 2, Limitless, True Grit, Adjustment Bureau, Captain America, Tangled

Biggest disappointment – Super 8

Worst films - 1. Bridesmaids, 2. Pirates of the Caribbean – On Stranger Tides, 3. Just Go With It

The rest – Morning Glory, Harry Potter..., Tower Heist

Films I still fancy seeing at some point (including some I know won't make the list but want to see anyway)

50/50, A Dangerous Method, Another Earth, Arthur Christmas, Beginners, Black Swan, Bobby Fischer Against the World, Buck, Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Contagion, Crazy Stupid Love, Drive, Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec, Faster, Hanna, Hugo, Larry Crowne, Martha Marcy May Marlene, Midnight in Paris, Mission Impossible 4, Moneyball, My Dog Tulip, My Week with Marilyn, Neds, Point Blank, Project Nim, Sherlock Holmes – Game of Shadows, Super, Take Shelter, The Artist, The Fighter, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Ides of March, The Skin I Live In, The Tree of Life, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Trollhunter, Water for Elephants, Win Win,

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Heres my list for 2011:

1. Hangover 2
2. Midnight in Paris
3. Morning Glory

the only films I've seen in 2011 (I've been watching older films for the majority of this year)

All over this.

I saw about 40 minutes of this the other day. Obviously I didn't bother with this before, same as the other two. The utter shitness of this film made the crap I thought it'd be look like a masterpiece. I think I was 5 minutes away from drilling a hole in my head and pouring bleach onto my brain, in a hopeless attempted at removing it from my memory.
Once again you remind me there are still people with some shred of taste in this world, honeykid. I had to endure Transformers 3 with my flatmates a few weeks ago, people I have intellectual respect for, and could not believe how much they were eating it up. I was even told I "should see the other two". I'm not about to do that to myself.

a separation

Movies I liked in 2011 (in no order):

Rise of the Planet of the Apes
The Descendants
War Horse
The Help
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Source Code
Young Adult
Midnight in Paris
The Artist
Hugo
The Debt
Tower Heist
A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas
The Adventures of Tintin
Super 8
Real Steel
Red State
We Bought A Zoo
Company Men
Take Me Home Tonight
The Mechanic
Limitless
The Hangover Part 2
Insidious
Water For Elephants
Horrible Bosses
Hall Pass
Crazy Stupid Love
30 Minutes or Less
Moneyball
50/50
Lincoln Lawyer
Our Idiot Brother
Win Win
Conan O'Brien Can't Stop

Movies I hated in 2011 (in no order):

Friends With Benefits (this movie was so-so, but I'm leaning more towards not liking it than liking it, if you know what I mean)
Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol (same opinion as Friends With Benefits)
Colombiana
Your Highness
Change Up
Green Lantern
Bad Teacher
Mr. Popper's Penguins
Drive Angry
Trespass
Green Hornet
No Strings Attached
Just Go With It
Larry Crowne
Bridesmaids
Zookeeper
Fright Night

Movies I still want to see from 2011:

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
The Iron Lady
The Way
Rampart
Carnage
The Muppets
My Week With Marilyn
J. Edgar
The Ides of March
A Dangerous Method
Tinker Sailor Soldier Spy
Shame
Drive
Adjustment Bureau
Hanna
Scream 4
The Beaver
Tree of Life
Beginners
Captain America
Cowboys and Aliens
Apollo 18
Dolphin Tale
Warrior
Contagion
In Time
The Rum Diary

The Best:
Drive
Rango
The Skin I Live In (La piel que habito)
Midnight in Paris
Melancholia
Warrior
The Rum Diary

The Good:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
The Adventures of Tintin
Insidious
Crazy Stupid Love
Hesher
X-Men First Class
The Guard
Kung Fu Panda 2
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
The Tree of Life
Machine Gun Preacher
Tucker And Dale vs Evil

Movies in the watch-list from 2011:
The Artist; Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close; The Iron Lady; Rampart; Carnage; The Muppets; My Week With Marilyn; J. Edgar; The Ides of March; A Dangerous Method; Shame; Hanna; Beginners; Moneyball; 50/50; Lincoln Lawyer; Our Idiot Brother; Win Win; Red State; We Bought A Zoo; Hugo; Martha Marcy May Marlene; A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas; Young Adult; Kill List

I think The Rum Diary is an interesting choice. I know a lot of people were looking forward to seeing it and it seemed to disappoint all of them. What about it did you like so much?

Good to see The Skin I Live In on your list, as it's one of the few films from this year that I'd like to see.

I think The Rum Diary is an interesting choice. I know a lot of people were looking forward to seeing it and it seemed to disappoint all of them. What about it did you like so much?

Good to see The Skin I Live In on your list, as it's one of the few films from this year that I'd like to see.
I liked the whole vibe of the movie and as a comedy it made laugh out loud quite some times. I think the majority of people didn't liked the movie because it was no Fear and Loathing. It was more like The Big Lebowski. Oh, and Giovanni Ribisi stole the show as Moburg.

that's what she said...
Movies I loved this year:

-Battle:L.A. (There was so many bad reviews for this, but I found it excellent. Saw it back to back days--twice-- in theaters!)

-Gnomio and Juliet

-Harry Pottereathly Hollows pt2

-Paul

-Trespass

-Unknown

CONGRATS 2011, None of the movies (At least that I've seen) made it on my dislike list!!

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
There weren't a lot of movies that I saw this year, but the good ones did not disappoint me one bit. My fave movies that I saw this year (in no particular order) were:

- Rise of the Planet of the Apes (4.5 out of 5)

- X-Men: First Class (4 out of 5)

- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo(4.5 out of 5)

- Super 8 (4 out of 5)

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 (5 out of 5)

- The Hangover Part 2 (3.5 out of 5)

- Source Code (4 out of 5)

- Thor (3.5 out of 5)

The worst ones were these:

- Horrible Bosses (wasn't that bad, but I didn't care for it as much)

- New Year's Eve (only went to make fun of it)

- Bucky Larson (again, went to make fun of it)

- Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon (Better than the second, but it still sucked)

- Battle: LA (It just sucked)

- Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt. 1 (this one more so for personal reasons than it simply being another bad Twilight movie)