A Cool Idea For Hollywood To Try Out

Tools    

I think Hollywood should try to do a new studio system, but this could be quite different.

Basically, you have a NFL/WWE style Draft in which actors, directors and writers maybe throw their names into the draft and the studios pick out names and if say Angelina Jolie is picked up by Universal, then she has to commit a 1-2 year contract to make films exclusively to the studio. Same with directors, so Martin Scorsese could be drafted to Warner Bros.

Also, The major studios could also do academys for future new talent and they could do films with new talent directors, actors etc.

Then come every 2 years, they do a new draft and swap over talent. Indie directors, actors, etc could apply to training academies which could be across america or perhaps the world.

What do you think of this idea ? Bad or good ? At least say its creative.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Interesting, but then that would limit people to choices of projects. It would never happen, people are too greedy to play by a draft system in Hollywood.

Suspect's Reviews

Semper Fooey
The old studio system where actors make commitments to studios are dead.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think this draft will feel like a "Slave Auction" which gives the artists'/technician's creative juices a sedative, but there have always been a lot of individualistic filmmakers, no matter what era we may talk about.

It sounds like a fantasy league...

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
What if they come to camp late or out of shape? What if they hold out for more money? What happens if they strain a vocal cord?

The Oakland Raiders are the only team that would draft Angelina Jolie in the first round. She's got an arm like Daryle Lamonica!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
So do you gamble on Lars von Trier being available in the late rounds or do you spend a middle round pick on a talented but troubled director?

I dunno...Its an idea :P

But It would be that for foreign talent, They would be signed separately from the draft. Hollywood actors could only be done in the draft.