The Adventures Of Tintin : Secret Of The Unicorn Review

→ in
Tools    

Connor Macgregor Reviews...The Adventures Of Tintin : Secret Of The Unicorn

I went and saw this today in my local cinema. Its been released in the UK earlier and before The US, so I thought I'd share you my early review of the film.

The Story of Tintin is quite simple. Tintin and Captain Haddock set off on a treasure hunt for a sunken ship commanded by Haddock's ancestor. But someone else is in search of the ship.

This film basically takes Spielberg back to what he does best. Adventure films with a high scope for any fan of the genre. It has an intriguing story, the classic spielberg shots as well as some comedic moments that keep the film fun to watch. The Motion capture in the film is gorgeous and at times, you think it is an actual live action film instead of animation. The Voice performances are also very good especially Andy Serkis & Daniel Craig to which I didn't even recognize their voices during the film.

There are some slightly silly points in the film, but besides that its a fun film for everyone to enjoy as are all Spielberg films are in many ways. Overall I give this a good thumbs up and proves that Spielberg can still make entertaining films when he can.

Rating - 81% - A-

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Glad to hear it. I loved watching the cartoon as a kid.

Suspect's Reviews

The Drunk and Happy
I needed two beers for this one. It was good but just shy of greatness.
Verdict: This is a treat for the eyes, and a treat for the kid in all of us. Tintin’s next adventure can’t come soon enough…