Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

Tools    

Beverly Hills Cop 2 was mediocre. Part 3 was terrible. Not sure what the point of a 4th one is other than for Eddie Murphy to grasp some of his 80's glory.

Coming 2 America might work, and I hope it does. I'm just skeptical about a 4th Cop film, but I will still see it when it comes out.

Other than that, I'm excited that Eddie is making a comeback with Dolemite is my Name and the standup specials on Netflix, and that he'll be back on the big screen with 2 potential box office hits.
beverly hills cop 2 has probably one of the best intro sequences to an action movie, and a guilty pleasure although a lot could have been done with the ending...

Netflix picked it up

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...edium=referral
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

If you take Beverly Hills Cop seriously, you are in for a bad time.

They are what they are, stupid, comedy action but they don't pretend to be anything different. Like how The Expendables are a nod to the 80's action heroes of old with pointless over the top action. I would watch Beverly Hills Cop 4 with the same expectations. Just nostalgia stroking, nothing groundbreaking but doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed.

The truth is in here
Yeah, but a Beverly Hills Cop movie without Gilbert R. Hill or Judge Reinhold? I think there's good reason to be skeptical.

I'm a fan of the first two movies, but the third one wasn't even good, so I'm not sure why there's been such an extreme push for a fourth to get made.

Yeah, but a Beverly Hills Cop movie without Gilbert R. Hill or Judge Reinhold? I think there's good reason to be skeptical.

I'm a fan of the first two movies, but the third one wasn't even good, so I'm not sure why there's been such an extreme push for a fourth to get made.
I agree wouldn t work without those two...

I don't think there has been an extreme push to get made. It has been 25 years since the last one. Studios haven't been begging for one but it had enough success in it's time. Like Die Hard and Rambo, it has it's following, it may not be as iconic as those two but still if a franchise had any success in its time or is a comic book hero you can usually get a bit of money to make another one.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Shooting began a few weeks ago with the official title Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley. Eddie Murphy returns to California to reunite with his daughter and join forces with her ex-boyfriend, a by-the-book cop to discover corruption within the force. Taylour Paige and Joseph Gordon-Levitt co-star and it was officially announced we are seeing the return of Rosewood, Taggart, Jeffrey, and Serge.

Jerry Bruckheimer returns to producer after skipping on BHC3 and Mark Molloy is directing from a script by Will Beall.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...el-1235379225/

Shooting began a few weeks ago with the official title Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley. Eddie Murphy returns to California to reunite with his daughter and join forces with her ex-boyfriend, a by-the-book cop to discover corruption within the force. Taylour Paige and Joseph Gordon-Levitt co-star and it was officially announced we are seeing the return of Rosewood, Taggart, Jeffrey, and Serge.

Jerry Bruckheimer returns to producer after skipping on BHC3 and Mark Molloy is directing from a script by Will Beall.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...el-1235379225/
omg yes so happy the original cast is back but hopefully it will be good *

I feel like Murphy lost his touch a long time ago. He hasn't made me laugh in decades.

I don’t have high hopes, but Eddie can still turn it on if he feels like it. I thought he was very good in Dolemite is My Name.

To bad they couldn't coax Lisa Eilbacher out of retirement, for a cameo.
I second that, she s one hot broad

The space between posts in this thread seems to indicate that this film was in development hell.