How Much Money Will Star Wars Episode VII Make?

Tools    

Is this because there was a prediction yesterday that reckons at least $2b in cinema tickets alone?
No. I hadn't heard anything about that.

I was actually checking out Mad Max's Friday box office and I then took a look at the All Time Domestic Box Office as adjusted for inflation and realized how much Episode One made (a crap-ton) and it made me think that this one will be even more.

Yeah, it could be the highest grossing film in the US in a very long time if the ticket sales even match Episode One's sales...

My prediction's that it'll gross $1 billion, but it'll underperform a lot of the higher expectations - since Star Wars isn't nearly as popular with kids as it was just 10-15 years ago.

Not to mention the backlash from the adult fans of the older films who were turned off by the prequels.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Seeing as how my blockbuster thirst has not been quenched, I may see this 3 times.

Hopefully it will outdo Avatar. Judging by the trailers, If the film is that good, it will upmost deserve it.
Agreed here, it has to be better than Avatar.

I doubt Avatar would've grossed half of what it did if it hasn't been the first of the new 3D films.

After seeing what Jurassic World has just done in its opening weekend...

I'm repeating my OP...

Get 'em in! Still got 18 months to go.

Here's mine...

Thursday Showing Before Official Weekend Release
Current record: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith - $50m
VII Prediction: $100m

Official Opening Fri-Sun Weekend
Current record: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 - $483m
VII Prediction: $1b

Daily (most sales in 24 hours)
Current record: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 - $91m
VII Prediction: $500m

Weekly (most sales in 7 days)
Current record: Marvel’s The Avengers - $270m
VII Prediction: $2b

Monthly (most sales in 30 days)
Current record: Marvel’s The Avengers - $207m
VII Prediction: $4b

Overall All-Time
Current record: Avatar - $2.8b and still growing
VII Prediction: $10b before it starts to die down

Most Consecutive Weekends At #1
Current record: Titanic - 15 weekends
VII Prediction: If kept long enough in cinemas, 26+ weeks

Episode VII will hit $1b on opening Friday-Sunday as I said, smashing these records
Fastest to $100m: Marvel’s The Avengers 2 Days
Fastest to $200m: Marvel’s The Avengers 3 Days
Fastest to $300m: Marvel’s The Avengers 9 Days
Fastest to $400m: Marvel’s The Avengers 14 Days
Fastest to $500m: Marvel’s The Avengers 23 Days

I stand by this... Star Wars 7 will sweep the records and set a new precedence for Box Office takings.

Is it releasing globally on the same weekend? If it's a staggered release like Avengers 2 I can't see it having that crazy of an opening weekend.

Also, even if it opens globally on the same weekend, I can't see it making a billion dollars in one weekend. Maybe $600-650 million.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I dont think it will make as much as Jurassic world. People may not want to see it because of the last trilogy. Also kids these days are more interested in Marvel than Star Wars. I think it may make just below the billion but i think people may be expecting a little to much.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

How Much Money Will Star Wars Episode VII Make?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I dont think it will make as much as Jurassic world. People may not want to see it because of the last trilogy. Also kids these days are more interested in Marvel than Star Wars. I think it may make just below the billion but i think people may be expecting a little to much.
If I had to go based only on trailer views (which is the best I can come up with right now), I'd have to say you're way, way wrong. The third Avengers trailer has 37,000,000 views and the second Star Wars teaser has 54,000,000.

Not to mention Star Wars has been a part of the pop culture for literally decades longer than both those franchises.

Also, it's freaking Star Wars.

I can't give a specific number, but it's going to break every record set for box office records.. IF IT'S GOOD! If it isn't, it'll do as good as Jurassic World and Age of Ultron did based purely on curiosity.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
If I had to go based only on trailer views (which is the best I can come up with right now), I'd have to say you're way, way wrong. The third Avengers trailer has 37,000,000 views and the second Star Wars teaser has 54,000,000.

Not to mention Star Wars has been a part of the pop culture for literally decades longer than both those franchises.

Also, it's freaking Star Wars.
I know its Star Wars but i just dont think its got the audience alot of you think it has.

My Grandad is a Star Wars nut and i recently asked him if hes going to see the new one, his reply was " No, they ruined Star Wars last time so ime not bothering with all this fancy new Sh**" .

Also my little nephews aged 9 and 7 dont even know what Star Wars is.

Is it releasing globally on the same weekend? If it's a staggered release like Avengers 2 I can't see it having that crazy of an opening weekend.

Also, even if it opens globally on the same weekend, I can't see it making a billion dollars in one weekend. Maybe $600-650 million.

Wed 16th and Thurs 17th it's opening in a couple countries... then Globally on Friday 18th.

There's only 6 countries in the world that have to wait an extra week.

Yeah, I can see VII making some serious £$£$£.

I know its Star Wars but i just dont think its got the audience alot of you think it has.

My Grandad is a Star Wars nut and i recently asked him if hes going to see the new one, his reply was " No, they ruined Star Wars last time so ime not bothering with all this fancy new Sh**" .

Also my little nephews aged 9 and 7 dont even know what Star Wars is.
Do they not have Cartoon Network? Star Wars Rebels? Clone Wars? Have they never been to the toy store?!?!??!

I think you're sorely missing the mark, but we won't know until January at least. Despite your reservations, it will, without a doubt, make enough money to put it in the top 10 earners of all time.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Do they not have Cartoon Network? Star Wars Rebels? Clone Wars? Have they never been to the toy store?!?!??!

I think you're sorely missing the mark, but we won't know until January at least. Despite your reservations, it will, without a doubt, make enough money to put it in the top 10 earners of all time.
Maybe its a uk thing or maybe its just my city, but toy stores dont really have a huge selection of Star Wars toys. I took my own son to the toy store a couple of weeks ago and there was a hugs selection of Jurassic world toys, and an even bigger selection of Marvel toys, but no Star Wars.