"Prefer watching movies at Theater rather than at Home"? Y/N.

Tools    

Hello, movie lovers. Hope this 2010 year will be better than 2009 . Today i like to divide movie lover in Two groups. Few movie lovers prefer to watch movies in Theater Hall even first day first show and the rest like to watch movie at home in TV and DVD , avoid going at Theater hall. Which group you belong ?

What is the reason behind your choice.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I used to love going to the cinema to see movies but due to my illness im unable to so now I love nothing better than being in my own home chilling watching a new dvd

This used to be an easy "Yes" for me, but now it's usually "No." People are just too inconsiderate on average for me to enjoy going to the theater nearly as much as I used to.

I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose.
Yes, absolutely! There's nothing like seeing a new picture on the big screen, there ain't no doubt its a much more powerful experience. But the thing I like most on theaters is that I can't be interrupted, which is what I most hate about watching movies at home: few are the times when I sit down to see a DVD and don't get interrupted by phone-calls, doorbells or even room mates. At a movie theater I have the social excuse for being absent to the world

At this point I'm more likely to get interrupted by a phone in a theater than I am at home. At home you can turn your phone off; at the theater, lots of people leave theirs on.

I'm getting a little annoyed just talking about this, actually, so perhaps I should just move on.

Yeah there is nothing like watching a great movie on the big screen. And as much as i love it, i do avoid the theaters as much as possible. it's weird. I usually only go if its a movie i HAVE to see in theaters. Like, Inception. I hate when i go see a film and im not liking it and i have no choice but to sit there. Andwhen i do go i never go on friday nights, middle/high schoolers love their phones and friends.

I love going to the cinema to see films but I'll only go to the multiplex during a weekday or on the first showing on a Sat or Sun cos like the others, there's just too many annoying people out there. Our local arthouse is fine tho, but their screens are tiny.

I like watching dvds at home too, specially late at night when no one will call to interrupt.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This used to be an easy "Yes" for me, but now it's usually "No." People are just too inconsiderate on average for me to enjoy going to the theater nearly as much as I used to.
This is so true

A system of cells interlinked
Given the choice - I will choose the theater, as I feel the experience just isn't the same at home for many reason. I tend to wait for the end of a film's run to go to the cinema, so i avoid most of the negative aspects some folks are bringing up, for the most part.

I like going to the movies most of the time when people are either in school or really early in the day. Although depending on the film, I like to sit with a huge crowd and get the full theater experience. Although, nowadays I just go to see specific films anyways.

Employee of the Month
Going to the theater hall, watch it on the BIG SCREEN, feel the magic, no doubt about it. Unfortunately, prices are rising constantly, so I can`t go there that often nowadays . I solve problems with chatting idiots and ringing cellphones by growling "Shut up, you ****in moron!" or something like this. Try it, it works - if you are a true beliver, you have to defend this little magic space.

I gotta go with home, as much as i love the experience of the cinema... no really the movie aspect of it big yes... but the other people... noisy, smelly food, people with phones etc etc annoy me.

I find that if I go to the first showing of a movie its such a better experience cause you're usually there with other fans who really care, and not a bunch of teens who have no clue what theyre going to see and randomly walk in and out of the movie making lots of noise.

So at home is better, but then my family can be noisy too :P (or if ive seen it and one of them hasn't will ask questions all the way through, so much pausing and telling them to "just watch the movie already")

I change my mind, i like to watch a movie alone.

I'll always choose the theater, even though there is always a group of inconsiderate people. Lately, if I have the day off, I'll go in the middle of the day rather than in the evening; it helps avoid a lot of the problems.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
To me a really good comedy is fun to see in the theaters. Hearing everyone laugh in unison is awesome.

snap Justin, i try to go early as possible, i find problems on an evening.

I like a good horror also at the cinema, as well as a good comedy.

It does depend on the crowd, there can be amazing atmospheres in the cinema watching a movie.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
I love the cinema but I can never afford to go unless it's a movie I'm really excited about! I usually take advantange of Xtra-vision's two dvds for £2 for two nights deal!

I used to love to go to the theater but now I just can't as often as I would like to because of my work schedule and distance... when I do go though if someone is rude enough to talk I have been known to ask them (the flap jaw person) to give me my ticket money back... I've also asked a few people how well they like their cell phones...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'm not sure, I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. I enjoy the fact that there are fewer distractions at the theater, like not having a computer or a pet near by. At home I have a greater selection of movies, it's less expensive, and there are no people. I guess I enjoy the theater experience more, but if I wish to seriously watch a movie I need to do it at home.

My living room is more comfortable and the snacks are better than at the movie theater. I can control the sound, eliminate commercials, start the film when I please rather than race to a showing at a set time, pause it if called away, rewind it if I missed something, and read the dialogue across the bottom if the accents are too heavy.

It's cheaper, and the company's better because I pick the audience.

From the few examples of the revived 3-D technology I've seen, I don't miss it at home.

I do miss the grandure of a Lawrence of Arabia on the big screen, but how often does a Lawrence of Arabia come along these days? Most films today are small stories with small actors who fit quite well on small screens. Who really wants to watch yet another car chase in Cinemascope and stereofonic sound?