Movie Career Interest

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
If that would get me in the door with my first film then sign me up.
just what the doctor ordered to get more people interested in Transformers once again.

just what the doctor ordered to get more people interested in Transformers once again.
I don't know if I could follow Megan Fox and she is so much prettier than me.

Juno, what I was trying to point out, she was just your run of the mill High School student. Hollywood make up department can do wonders. I would say most actresses, that's if they had to spend their own money, would spend at least....$5,000 a month on waxing, eye brows, trainers etc etc, and that's a conservative estimate.

Juno, what I was trying to point out, she was just your run of the mill High School student. Hollywood make up department can do wonders. I would say most actresses, that's if they had to spend their own money, would spend at least....$5,000 a month on waxing, eye brows, trainers etc etc, and that's a conservative estimate.
I totally understand, make-up, waxings, etc. make these Hollywood Stars the way they are and it is just part of the business. Being out in California for just those few days I saw the difference in the way most women and even men carried themselves compared to here on the East Coast. I myself have had to go through a lot of this due to modeling, but it is going to be a whole new ballgame come the end of this year.

I am not really interested in a movie career, but my career has to do with performance in live theater which I feel is a lot more difficult than that of performance in the movies or in television.

I am not really interested in a movie career, but my career has to do with performance in live theater which I feel is a lot more difficult than that of performance in the movies or in television.
Certainly more nerve racking and a hell of a lot more pressure. You get one chance to nail it on the night, most actresses would crumble, you need so much more composure. To be honest though, it's not a measure of the skill required, I couldn't nail a scene if I had 30 takes never-mind 1 because I'm a crap actor. The only variable is the margin for error, and of course projecting yourself, it's nice to know a foley artists can slot your dialogue in again if you mess it up.

It's awesome that you work in theatre Dasher, props

Certainly more nerve racking and a hell of a lot more pressure. You get one chance to nail it on the night, most actresses would crumble, you need so much more composure. To be honest though, it's not a measure of the skill required, I couldn't nail a scene if I had 30 takes never-mind 1 because I'm a crap actor. The only variable is the margin for error, and of course projecting yourself, it's nice to know a foley artists can slot your dialogue in again if you mess it up.

It's awesome that you work in theater Dasher, props
My current job and my background isn't really in acting, but more gymnastics/acrobatics which is the experience I needed to land my current job. So having lines to remember is not my specific problem it is more the pressure of hitting the routine correctly so I don't get hurt or also hurt my fellow performers. Which hasn't happened thank god in the 3 month I have had the job.

Anarchist within reason
I'd love to at some point get involved in scriptwriting. I'm talking a few years down the line, I'm six months into my first book and I haven't even begun a first draft.
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'd love to at some point get involved in scriptwriting. I'm talking a few years down the line, I'm six months into my first book and I haven't even begun a first draft.
When you do start screenwriting, make sure you get Final Draft. It's the best software out there.

Suspect's Reviews

Anarchist within reason
When you do start screenwriting, make sure you get Final Draft. It's the best software out there.
Much appreciated!!!

I am a writer (complete four feature length screenplays, a bunch of others in various stages of completion) and aspiring filmmaker (want to make sure that "aspiring part is clear!~~haha! ) I want to write and direct some films, and eventually I want to produce others (will have to do that just to get everything I want made-- made) I also want to start a motion picture distribution company capable of releasing our movies in cinemas and theatres throughout the US and Canada for now, and soon worldwide.

As for film school. I have a pretty impressive library on filmmaking both technical and aesthetic, so I have been studying the art and science of movie making for more than 30 years now (ready to graduate and make a film! ) But will not knock others if that is the road they want to take. But as for me, if I had $50,000 to blow, I would be putting that into my first feature, not a school. Just my opinion.

God Bless!!!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
So, do you want to take up a place at the Met film school? Looks pretty sweet.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I am a writer (complete four feature length screenplays, a bunch of others in various stages of completion) and aspiring filmmaker (want to make sure that "aspiring part is clear!~~haha! ) I want to write and direct some films, and eventually I want to produce others (will have to do that just to get everything I want made-- made) I also want to start a motion picture distribution company capable of releasing our movies in cinemas and theatres throughout the US and Canada for now, and soon worldwide.
Good luck, that seems like a lot to accomplish.

Ever since I was 14 I wanted to be a part of the movie industry. Directing was something I was very interested in but I realized that I love being behind the camera more than telling people what to do. When I learned about Cinematography and being a Director of Photography I was in love. I really need to build a portfolio. Baby steps. I have most of the equipment, Canon 7D & Canon 60D, Softbox Lights, Zoom H4N and Zoom H1 audio recording devices, Rode Mic, Macbook Pro & Final Cut Pro Studio for editing and backdrops/green/blue screens.

I would definitely be up for working with anyone. Learning and collaborating, growing together and achieving our goals.