What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Where do you pick up these pearls of wisdom?
Yeah, I just recently got a new bookshelf and will probably need to get another one soon. I'm running out of places to put my movies. I have 7 bookshelves and 2 lockers with movies in them so my collection is fairly large.
Thatís always a problem being a collector of anything, space is always an issue. I used to buy 3 to 5 movies a week but have had to calm it down due to storage issues. I have had to become more choosy and not buy every movie I enjoy. I would still rather own a hard copy rather than just stream however.

Yeah, I just recently got a new bookshelf and will probably need to get another one soon. I'm running out of places to put my movies. I have 7 bookshelves and 2 lockers with movies in them so my collection is fairly large.
I recently had to resort to using these. They are terrific. Each one holds 40 movies. I filled two of them already as my DVDs are everywhere.

Guy who likes movies
I recently had to resort to using these. They are terrific. Each one holds 40 movies. I filled two of them already as my DVDs are everywhere.

Cool! Iíll have to look into those.

Them!

The exclamation mark IS part of the official title. It's a dusty nowhere in the southwest, a place where atomic bombs were tested. All of a sudden 50 foot ants appear and become an existential threat. Of course, out in the desert, it's hard to think that these 20 ton hulks managed to find 20 tons of anything they could eat in order to not violate the conservation of matter law of the universe, but that knowledge doesn't help when YOU have to deal with them.

It actually has a decent cast (James Arness, James Whitmore, Edmund Gwenn and the inimitable Sandy Descher, a traumatized little girl who can't do much but scream Them!). Surprisingly, the film makers play it straight and with a decent cast, Them! is top drawer among 1950's creature features as well as being early (1954) in the big bug cycle. I don't know whether there was a sequel, but if there were, I would expect The Government to be making giant cans of Raid.

The DVD transfer is actually pretty good as these sort of movies go.

Guy who likes movies
I bought some new Hallmark dvds today because I enjoy Hallmark movies. I got:

Just Add Romance/Love on the Menu
Love at First Glance
Love Locks
Love Of Course
One Winter Weekend/One Winter Proposal
Royal Hearts/Royal Matchmaker/Once Upon a Prince
Winter Dreams