Movies that should be in your collection but..

Tools    

Got the urge to watch The Truman Show looked online and it's only streaming for pay..

So i was thinking to myself why don't i own this movie? It fits right into my collection of surreal movies, i suppose the reason is i've seen it so many times on tv when i was younger I've never thought of picking it up.

Are there any movies you should own and are long over due for your collection?

The reason a lot of movies aren't in my collection is because I stopped collecting them. The reason for that is; I found that once I owned a movie and could watch it at any time... I never wanted to watch it (especially under the idea that there might be something else I've never seen on TV.) The psychology behind it was; if I could watch it at any time, then why waste the present moment on watching something I was already familiar with when I could be doing something else... kind of a reverse procrastination of putting off wasting time until I felt I had more time to waste.

However I did like to have favorite movies on hand to host others - always loved turning someone else on to a movie they've never seen!

The reason a lot of movies aren't in my collection is because I stopped collecting them. The reason for that is; I found that once I owned a movie and could watch it at any time... I never wanted to watch it (especially under the idea that there might be something else I've never seen on TV.) The psychology behind it was; if I could watch it at any time, then why waste the present moment on watching something I was already familiar with when I could be doing something else... kind of a reverse procrastination of putting off wasting time until I felt I had more time to waste...
Just the other day I was telling my wife about your story of having movies on DVDs caused you not to be interested in watching them. I was telling her that as we still have a 3 box set of Humphrey Bogart movies and after 15 years I still haven't seen them all. Funny that you should mention this again It's true too, buy a movie on DVD and you probably won't be watching it. I haven't bought movies in years, just for that reason.