The Boys

Tools    

I don't know if there's already a thread for this show, but since I can't find any and since the first few episodes of season 3 are already out, I figured I'd start one.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to this season. It's definitely my favorite tv show of the past 10 years or so, and this is saying a lot since I generally don't care for superhero films.

Just finished the first few episodes to season 3. Overall, great start to the show. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

Overall, I think the show is well-acted all across the board, it has a high level of character depth which tops virtually every superhero film I've seen (with maybe the exception of Spider-Man 2), and the action occurs sparingly enough so that it never feels excessive and that the more shocking bits of violence never lose their impact.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oddly, I literally have this show's description on the screen on my Prime Video app and was going to start watching it. It's always looked intriguing but I've just never started watching it. I'll let you know what I think once I binge my way through it and catch up.

Finished episode 4 of season 3. Not sure if this is my favorite season yet, but it's definitely really good so far and is getting better as it goes along.

Season 3 needs more Maeve.
*nods*
Yeah, she isn't doing a whole lot in this season compared to the others for some reason.

As an aside, speaking of characters who don't get a lot of screentime, how do you feel about Black Noir? I get he's supposed to be one of the more mysterious characters in the show, but while I admire that, I'd still like to see him do some more in the show and not retreat into the background as much as he does. Granted, he has had a few memorable scenes here and there, but I think there's some more potential with his character that the show isn't utilizing.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, she isn't doing a whole lot in this season compared to the others for some reason.

As an aside, speaking of characters who don't get a lot of screentime, how do you feel about Black Noir? I get he's supposed to be one of the more mysterious characters in the show, but while I admire that, I'd still like to see him do some more in the show and not retreat into the background as much as he does. Granted, he has had a few memorable scenes here and there, but I think there's some more potential with his character that the show isn't utilizing.
I like that we got some of his back story, such as his time in….Nicaragua was it?…..but other than that, he’s barely been present as well. It seems like they should have had some sort of interaction between him and Maeve after her actions towards to him from last season. Unless he wasn’t aware it was her, which hasn’t doesn’t seem to be case as Maeve has already stated she can’t count on him after that incident.

I like that we got some of his back story, such as his time in….Nicaragua was it?…..but other than that, he’s barely been present as well. It seems like they should have had some sort of interaction between him and Maeve after her actions towards to him from last season. Unless he wasn’t aware it was her, which hasn’t doesn’t seem to be case as Maeve has already stated she can’t count on him after that incident.
Yeah, it would definitely be fitting for the show to follow up on the conflict between the two of them in the last season. That would resolve both our criticisms, probably.

Still though, even though there are a couple loose threads here and there, I think the show gets far more right than wrong in terms of the character arcs.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, it would definitely be fitting for the show to follow up on the conflict between the two of them in the last season. That would resolve both our criticisms, probably.

Still though, even though there are a couple loose threads here and there, I think the show gets far more right than wrong in terms of the character arcs.
Agreed, it’s highly entertaining.

Black Noir had more screen time in the cartoon Diabolical, but I agree the back story from Nicaragua helped.

Nice to see I am not the only one disappointed with less screen time to Maeve. She is far more interesting than Starlight, and deserves more.

Solid fifth episode, even if it was a filler.

I am disappointed with what they are doing to Maeve. That scene with Butcher was cringe and unnecessary. Makes her character look even worse.

Rest was good, even though the political messages are getting boring now.

Finished the fifth episode and enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't agree that it's filler since, in addition to the stuff with Soldier Boy, a few other major plot developments went on in it. I'd say it's a good and worthy culmination to the events of the prior episode. As for Maeve, I don't mind the scene with Butcher too much (I don't think she's been as exposed to Butcher's bad side as much as some of the other characters in the show have been) and I found this episode to be better at giving her a proper amount of screentime, even though I hope she'll do more in the season.

I still wouldn't say this is my favorite season, but in spite of my issues, I'm still enjoying it quite a bit.

You ready? You look ready.
Oddly, I literally have this show's description on the screen on my Prime Video app and was going to start watching it. It's always looked intriguing but I've just never started watching it. I'll let you know what I think once I binge my way through it and catch up.
Be careful. It might make your head explode.

Yeah, episode 6 packed a real punch. Best episode in the season so far.

How many episodes left?

Waiting for all the episodes to drop before starting the latest season. I actively dislike waiting from week to week.

So far I've got The Boys, Obi Wan Kenobi, Lost In Space, Dark Winds and maybe Ms. Marvel and The Old Man. Oh, and The Bear also looks interesting.