Post All the Criterion Films You Own

Tools    

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Chasing Amy

https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...n.php?u=455891

Here’s a link to my movie collection. It’s probably easier to sort by studio and look at the Criterions.

I’ve been hardcore collecting movies since I was 12 so... It’s unreasonable at this point
I don't see Merchant of Four Seasons. Entire collection negated.

Also...no Horror from Shochiku box set? Tsk tsk.

I accept donations and will count this as you placing yourself in debt to the MKS Cinema Archive. I appreciate it.

That's Eclipse

Also I wouldn't buy any Fassbender's because you got to assume a box set is coming

Series 9: The Delirious Fictions of William Klein
Series 28: The Warped World of Koreyoshi Kurahara
Series 37: When Horror Came to Shochiku

Chasing Amy
Dr. Strangelove
Easy Rider
The Great Escape
It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Kes
On the Waterfront
Rashomon
Rushmore
Seven Samurai
Straw Dogs
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Thin Red Line
The Third Man

These technicalities won't save MKS' soul.
*plays Sarah Mclachlan*

For the low cost of a single eclipse set, you could donate to the MKS Cinema Archive and save the soul of one cinephile.

My favorite Criterion is one I don't own anymore: Silence of the Lambs. It has commentary tracks by Anthony Hopkins and a consulting FBI agent as well as disturbing yet interesting essays from actual serial killers. I foolishly got rid of it because it didn't look good on widescreen TVs. I'm sure it's worth a fortune now.
Actually, it got a Blu-ray upgrade and the long OOP dvd is now worth nothing! Cheers!

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Just M (1931), and The Battle of Algiers (1966) so far. Although I may get High and Low (1963).

Here’s looking at you, kid.
•Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky

•Tokyo Story by Yasujiro Ozu

•8 1/2 by Ferico Fellini

•Hakakiri by Masaki Kobayashi

•Tree of Life by Terrence Malick

Persona was sold out 😓

Troll 2

I've never understood the obsession with Criterion, so only have like a handful of them.
Me either. I mean, it’s a very classy website & all that, but I don’t feel the need to always shop there. In fact, I rarely do. Persona, for example, can be bought from Amazon.

I don't shop at the Criterion website per se (I generally buy films off of Amazon), but I love buying Criterion discs. In addition to all the hard work they put into upgrading the video and audio, I also love the special features, interviews, and essays which come with the discs. They're truly a marvelous company.

I don't shop at the Criterion website per se (I generally buy films off of Amazon), but I love buying Criterion discs. In addition to all the hard work they put into upgrading the video and audio, I also love the special features, interviews, and essays which come with the discs. They're truly a marvelous company.
I don’t disagree. Over the years though I’m not so enamored of special features. So many of them are just fillers. I can cheerfully live without them at all.

There are exceptions of course. My dvd of The Passenger has commentary from Jack Nicholson & it’s priceless. At the end of the movie he hopes he didn’t bore anyone. As if he could.

I don’t disagree. Over the years though I’m not so enamored of special features. So many of them are just fillers. I can cheerfully live without them at all.

There are exceptions of course. My dvd of The Passenger has commentary from Jack Nicholson & it’s priceless. At the end of the movie he hopes he didn’t bore anyone. As if he could.
I don't care much for special features as well. However, Criterion is the only dvd company I'm familiar with that has quality special features I enjoy checking out.