Top 30 Robbie Williams Songs

Tools    

After browsing this forum for a little while I came across several 'Top 30' and 'Top 15' lists by Mojofilter and was inspired to make my own list about one of my favourite artists. . . .

Robbie Williams

Some of you may not know who the hell he is but I urge you to at least sample some of his greatest hits in this list and maybe (like me) you will become hooked!

30. Rudebox
(Rudebox, 2006)

It's probably not very fitting to start off this list with a song that almost ruined Williams' career, but it has to fit into this list somehow. From the album of the same name, 'Rudebox' brought with it a new electro style for Robbie which largely backfired, leading him to go into a self-imposed exile for a few years.

29. Let Love Be Your Energy
(Sing When You're Winning, 2000)

A catchy filler from Robbie's third studio album, this song was not as successful as his previous singles but still managed to make the UK top 10 and top 40 in most countries.

28. Somethin' Stupid
(Swing When You're Winning, 2001)

This cover of the 1966 song written by C. Carson Parks saw Robbie team up with Academy Award winning actress Nicole Kidman as a duet in 2001. The song became a number one hit in the UK and showed a dramatic change in direction for Robbie from pop to swing music.

27. Hot Fudge
(Escapology, 2002)

This song featured on Robbie's hugely popular 5th studio album, Escapology. It was a solid tune located 'down the order' of the track list on the album. There was no music video released for this song so the video above shows Robbie performing the song in my city last year. Skip to 3:00 for the start of the song.

26. Love Somebody
(Escapology, 2002)

Another song from the Escapology album. This one effectively demonstrates Robbie's vocal range and has an impressive chorus.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
28. Somethin' Stupid

This cover of the 1966 song written by C. Carson Parks saw Robbie team up with Academy Award winning actress Nicole Kidman as a duet in 2001. The song became a number one hit in the UK and showed a dramatic change in direction for Robbie from pop to swing music.

It's not quite as good as Sinatra's version, but it's a nice version of this song.

BTW, your link doesn't work in the U.S., so I used this link instead:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4nmz6RX9gUQ

I should have copyrighted this countdown post format
I love Robbie's music, but I doubt there are many Robbie fans on these boards.
Keep it going. I'm tuned in

I should have copyrighted this countdown post format
I love Robbie's music, but I doubt there are many Robbie fans on these boards.
Keep it going. I'm tuned in
Sorry about the cheeky bit of plagiarism mate. Your way of formatting seemed the best and tidiest way to present things.

I'm hoping that this list will 'convert' people into Robbie fans once they listen to a few of his greatest hits!

That's fine, and I'm down with it. Robbie is criminally underrated and overlooked here in the States.
Just a thing, your links cannot be viewed outside of the U.K. or whatever country you are in. Not sure how to fix the problem, but try to find links that will possibly work worldwide. Sorry, I'm no help

That's fine, and I'm down with it. Robbie is criminally underrated and overlooked here in the States.
Just a thing, your links cannot be viewed outside of the U.K. or whatever country you are in. Not sure how to fix the problem, but try to find links that will possibly work worldwide. Sorry, I'm no help
OK, I think I made the links accessible worldwide. Can you see them now?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Here are some links that work in the U.S. (I was able to view the other songs):

Robbie Williams - Rudebox

Robbie Williams - Let Love Be Your Energy

Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman - Somethin' Stupid

Here are some links that work in the U.S. (I was able to view the other songs):

Robbie Williams - Rudebox

Robbie Williams - Let Love Be Your Energy

Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman - Somethin' Stupid
Thanks mate. I've changed the original links again. Hopefully they work.

25. Ego A Go Go
(Life thru a Lens, 1997)

A feisty song from Robbie's debut album way back in '97. Those were the days when Robbie's work was heavily influenced by Britpop icons such as Oasis and Blur. This song in particular outlines Robbie's troubled relationship with Gary Barlow, his former friend from the boyband Take That (which Robbie controversially left in 1995).

24. You Know Me
(Reality Killed the Video Star, 2009)

A relatively newer song compared to his other great hits. This song shows a softer side of Robbie and is part of his 2009 comeback album after over a year of partying, drug taking and womanizing (and not much music). Unfortunately the album didn't gain as much success as his earlier releases.

23. Beyond The Sea

A cover of the 1946 romantic love song by Jack Lawrence, this featured on Robbie's swing album in 2001. You may remember it from the Disney Pixar film 'Finding Nemo' and also features in recent teaser trailers for the sequel 'Finding Dory'.

22. Come Undone
(Escapology, 2002)

The second single from the album Escapology, 'Come Undone' was the first song Robbie wrote largely by himself. The music video caused some controversy, which is a bit of a trend when it comes to Robbie Williams.

21. Advertising Space
(Intensive Care, 2005)

Released as the third single of his album 'Intensive Care', this mournful song describes the
rise and fall of Elvis Presley, who presumably was an inspiration for Williams.

20. Kids
(Sing When You're Winning, 2000)

Another duet, this time with the legendary Kylie Minogue, who included it on her 7th studio album 'Light Years'. The two artists often perform this song on tours ,but rarely with each other.