Noir
35.09%
20 votes
Musicals
22.81%
13 votes
Romance
57 votes. You may not vote on this poll

What were they? Any good ones? I know you watched To Hell and Back (good film too) but I didn't see you post about the other five. I'm starting to pay attention when someone says they were impressed with a war film...I need to see more
I watched:

Casualties of War 1989 8/10
The Caine Mutiny 1954 8/10
Sahara 1943 7/10
The Eagle and the Hawk 1933 7/10
Black Hawk Down 2001 5/10
Battle Hymn 1957 7/10
To Hell and Back 1955 7/10

I watched:

Casualties of War 1989 8/10
The Caine Mutiny 1954 8/10
Sahara 1943 7/10
The Eagle and the Hawk 1933 7/10
Black Hawk Down 2001 5/10
Battle Hymn 1957 7/10
To Hell and Back 1955 7/10
Thanks, every bit helps. I haven't seen The Eagle and the Hawk so I'll give that a watch. Seen and really liked some of the others.

I don't log my movies so I'm going to save that list so that I don't forget to consider any war films I've seen.

Okay, there's still a seven vote gap, so this is all but settled.

I'll give it until tomorrow, I suppose, just to be sure, but if there's no change we'll close it up and declare War the winner.

Gotta figure out who's hosting it next, though, to proceed.

I put in my vote for War yesterday.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

A system of cells interlinked
Noir from me, just to show some support. I know it's already over, but...it should be noir!

Make Noir not War!

Assuming it's War I think it will be a great countdown with big crossover of other genres like comedy, romance, documentary, etc. We could have a quality list. The prelim thread should be good too.

As for host, I think Keyser has officially volunteered and he'll do a great job.

Dig.

I'm neutral on such questions outside of any extremes, but I figure I should give people a few days now that we basically know it's War to see who wants to throw their hat into the ring, see if anyone considering it has any questions about what's involved, etc.

Personally I'll be trying to persuade you all that Duck Soup qualifies. Am I kidding? We'll find out.

It's never going to be musicals, is it?

I mean at a certain point we'll run out of alternatives.

But real talk, I think maybe long-term it makes sense to decide that some of these are more focused, specialty lists, and to have a little less pomp and circumstance, maybe a host who hand-selects a panel of people who've expressed significant interest, make it a top 25 or something, and just do the whole process slightly differently. That would be my suggestion, at least.

The voting difference between Musicals and War is only 16%, and for Noir it's only 14% behind War. War is more of a popular choice but it's not a clear landslide.

A number of people want to do Musicals and or Noir in the future and we should. I like Yoda's idea that he posted as it will give those in the minority a chance to do their thing too.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It's never going to be musicals, is it?

I gave up on the possibility of it being musicals long before this poll. And even worse is that if we ever do get around to doing musicals, either not enough people will submit lists for it to be a full Top 100 list, or the list will be cluttered with more modern musicals, and many of the classic musicals will get left off anyway.

At least you can submit a list of wartime romance movies for the War countdown. There are enough of those movies to make a nice Top 25 list.
1. Pearl Harbor
2. Pearl Harbor
3. Pearl Harbor...