The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
As noted, I've already seen all 100 films. Regarding theatres, I count these 62 as having been seen in theatres:

Seen in theatres  

As noted, I've already seen all 100 films. Regarding theatres, I count these 62 as having been seen in theatres...
That's a good one! I count 76 of the 100 seen theatrically.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Am I right in assuming you've also never seen a 2010's film in theaters in general?
I believe so. I was just now trying to think what the last movie I watched in a theater was and I'm not sure what it was. It was a bad theater experience, the people next time talked non stop through the whole movie.

And here's the spreadsheet. But please note two things:

1) I didn't manually process the tiebreakers here, so it's different. Since all the Top 100 data is already out there, I figure nobody cares and this is just about seeing more of the stuff that didn't make it.

2) It's just the top 500. There were a bit over 800 total but some tech problems have made assembling this a lot more cumbersome than usual.

Either/both things may be rectified at some point in the future, but I figure this is the version that gives most people what they're really interested in, anyway:

Top 500 Films on the 2010s Countdown
Wow, first of all, regardless of its placement in the end, I can't believe I was the only one who voted for Us.

Also, *fist bump* to the few others that voted for...

Cameraperson
First Reformed
Rogue One
Wajib
Source Code
The Lunchbox

I mean, Wajib?! Got 2 more votes! Who was it? Show yourself so I can give you a hug!

Thanks for sharing this, Yoda

As noted, I've already seen all 100 films. Regarding theatres, I count these 62 as having been seen in theatres:

Seen in theatres  

Ha! I'm still at 76/100, but I'll play the theater game just so everybody can see the contrast

Seen in theatres  

I also owe hugs - or drinks if you'd rather - to whoever else voted for these:

Cold War
The Red Turtle
Foxcatcher
Foxcatcher high up for me. Absolutely love it.

Cold War is good too, but I am not the one who voted for it.

Yeah, it got 3 votes. I assumed you were the second one. Who's our third cameraperson? Camera C Operator?

A system of cells interlinked
Wow, first of all, regardless of its placement in the end, I can't believe I was the only one who voted for Us.

Also, *fist bump* to the few others that voted for...

Cameraperson
First Reformed
Rogue One
Wajib
Source Code
The Lunchbox

I mean, Wajib?! Got 2 more votes! Who was it? Show yourself so I can give you a hug!

I watched Cameraperson after ballot submission. I enjoyed it, but not sure it would have made my final count.

My number 23. Saw it in the cinema and thought it was a great film.

44 in theaters for me.

The Raid: Redemption
Room
Captain America: Civil War
Jojo Rabbit
The Cabin in the Woods
The Artist
Deadpool
Toy Story 3
The Martian
Avengers: Endgame
The Raid 2
Knives Out
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
Edge of Tomorrow
The Favourite
Inside Out
The Revenant
The Shape of Water
Ex Machina
John Wick
Logan
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Dredd
True Grit
Guardians of the Galaxy
Sicario
Gravity
Interstellar
The Irishman
The Avengers
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
Silver Linings Playbook
Inception
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
The Hateful Eight
Phantom Thread
The Florida Project
Arrival
Blade Runner 2049
Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood
La La Land
Mad Max: Fury Road
Parasite

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
List the titles you've seen in a theater.

Hubby and I stopped going to the theater years ago, so I've only seen one of these movies in the theater. In fact, I think The Avengers (2012) might even be the last movie that I saw in the theater.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I believe so. I was just now trying to think what the last movie I watched in a theater was and I'm not sure what it was. It was a bad theater experience, the people next time talked non stop through the whole movie.

That's one of the reasons why Hubby and I stopped going to the theaters. It just wasn't worth the aggravation anymore.