Movies about Napoleon

Tools    

Been watching a really good documentary about Napoleon on YouTube and I wondered if anyone knows any good movies about the subject, cheers.

Only film I know right off that features Napoleon as a character is The Count of Monte Cristo ( 2002).

It's six hours long but Napoléon vu par Abel Gance is well worth watching if interested in the man imo.

edit: Captain Terror beat me to it. Used to be available on the Internet Archive, not sure if still there though.

The trick is not minding
Ridley Scott is releasing a film about Napoleon this year.

Bondarchuk also directed a film about Napoleon, with Rod Steiger as Napoleon himself, in 1970 titled Waterloo.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yeah, Abel Gance's Napoleon for the third time.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bondarchuk also directed a film about Napoleon, with Rod Steiger as Napoleon himself, in 1970 titled Waterloo.
I'll second this. It's a powerhouse performance from Steiger and an epic film. Really worth checking out.

It appears as though all of the Napoleon movies are 10+ hours long, so thats one I am very not interested in watching. Lord of the Rings was 10 hours and no matter how good it was, man that was an undertaking and a half. Any good ones no longer than 3 hours?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I also want to see the 1927 Napoleon but I want to see it in it's original 4.00:1 aspect ratio but every version I can find is cropped down it seems. If the original is out there somewhere?

Napoleon and Josephine: A Love Story (1987), starring Armand Assante as Napoleon, and Jacqueline Bisset as Josephine. It may not be the greatest movie in history, but Assante is as usual very interesting inhabiting the character of Napoleon. You get the sense he tapped into some part of his spirit.