From the Year you were born:
This Decade:
Two Horror Sequels:
Highest Rated:
Hammer Horror:
Universal:
Supernatural:
Three different Countries

I hope this qualifies for the October Horror Challenge. It is a Brit film and a very thrilling one.

UNMAN, WITTERING & ZIGO
has always held appeal for me. I first saw this 1971 psychological mystery thriller about the time of its release and must have seen it at least four times since. Based on a 1958 play by Anglo/Irish writer Giles Cooper it tells of a first time teacher John Ebony (David Hemmings) appointed to an isolated private boarding school to replace a recently deceased master. He discovers that the said master a Mr Pelham fell from the nearby cliffs to his death. Ebony begins to suspect murder due to the suspicious nature of several of his pupils. He takes his suspicions and a wallet belonging to the dead master to the headmaster (Douglas Hilmer) who dismisses his allegations as fanciful. One of the boys Cloistermouth (Nicholas Hoye) then confesses to the murder of Pelham and tells Ebony if he does not keep it hush hush the same fate will befall him. This is when this expertly crafted film transfers from a mild mystery to a full blown menacing one as the suspence builds to the explosive climax when the boys attempt to gang rape his wife Sylvia (Carolyn Seymour who I have to say is a spit for American actress Meg Tilly) and make plans to kill Ebony. Without spoiling the ending..a most unlikely suspect is the killer. I completely recommend this. Should go down as a classic of its genre. Has anyone else seen this excellent film? 4 out of 5.

I hope this qualifies for the October Horror Challenge. It is a Brit film and a very thrilling one.

UNMAN, WITTERING & ZIGO
has always held appeal for me. I first saw this 1971 psychological mystery thriller about the time of its release and must have seen it at least four times since. Based on a 1958 play by Anglo/Irish writer Giles Cooper it tells of a first time teacher John Ebony (David Hemmings) appointed to an isolated private boarding school to replace a recently deceased master. He discovers that the said master a Mr Pelham fell from the nearby cliffs to his death. Ebony begins to suspect murder due to the suspicious nature of several of his pupils. He takes his suspicions and a wallet belonging to the dead master to the headmaster (Douglas Hilmer) who dismisses his allegations as fanciful. One of the boys Cloistermouth (Nicholas Hoye) then confesses to the murder of Pelham and tells Ebony if he does not keep it hush hush the same fate will befall him. This is when this expertly crafted film transfers from a mild mystery to a full blown menacing one as the suspence builds to the explosive climax when the boys attempt to gang rape his wife Sylvia (Carolyn Seymour who I have to say is a spit for American actress Meg Tilly) and make plans to kill Ebony. Without spoiling the ending..a most unlikely suspect is the killer. I completely recommend this. Should go down as a classic of its genre. Has anyone else seen this excellent film?
It's qualified everywhere else as a thriller. I'm down to count it though just need to classify what category its for.

Beast In the Cellar (1970)

Kinda silly plot that is sparked up by the performances of the two leading ladies..Flora Robson and Beryl Reid. The storyline involves a secret that two elderly spinster sisters have in their cellar..that of a half crazed brother they locked away years earlier to keep him from going to war.
He escapes and creates havoc on mostly male soldiers as in his muddled mind he sees them as his reason for enduring years of isolation and imprisonment. I do have to ask the question why did the director not make his captors..the sisters his first and only victims?
This is a neat little thriller that does try to lift itself from a low budget B grader but with little success. This is despite the excellent work of the two well credentialled professionals in Robson and Reid. Worth an hour and a half of your time. 3 out of 5.

Ok so @spookiemoviemania you need tell me witch categories your posting for if you want to be included in the contest. You can continue to post here all you like but I can't add you to the first post without more details. I'd be happy to add another person in so let me know.

I am here as Citizen sent me.. I am the creator of several games and quizzes. What do you mean by "which categories I am posting for"? As my username implies I am a bit of a horror nuff.. prefer the psychological/ thrillers over gore and blood filled slashers. Grew up watching Hammer/Amicus films with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. The next film I intend posting is the gothic mystery The Innocents which sits the top of my 10 Favorite Films on my profile. I have been here six months and enjoy this forum to bits. Anything else yolu need to know?

I am here on Citizen Rules prompting. I am the creator of several games and quizzes but Orson says i should branch out into more community projects. What do you mean by "which categories I am posting for"? As my username implies I am a bit of a horror nuff.. prefer the psychological/ thrillers over gore and blood filled slashers. Grew up watching Hammer/Amicus films with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. The next film I intend posting is the gothic mystery The Innocents which sits the top of my 10 Favorite Films on my profile. I have been here six months and enjoy this forum to bits. Anything else yolu need to know?
The challenge is to pick one from each of the 31 categories....The Innocents would be for you either rewatch a favorite, different country, or supernatural.

Romero:
Carpenter:
Craven:
Hooper:
Castle:
Fulci:
Argento:
Home Invasion:
Creature Feature:
Slasher:
Zombie:
Vampire:
Comedy/Horror:
Banned:
Silent:
Rewatch a Favourite:
Found Footage:
Body Horror:
Anthologies (2 or 3):
This Decade:
Two Horror Sequels:
Highest Rated:
Hammer Horror:
Universal:
Blumhouse:
Supernatural:

The challenge is to pick one from each of the 31 categories....The Innocents would be for you either rewatch a favorite, different country, or supernatural.

Romero:
Carpenter:
Craven:
Hooper:
Castle:
Fulci:
Argento:
Home Invasion:
Creature Feature:
Slasher:
Zombie:
Vampire:
Comedy/Horror:
Banned:
Silent:
Rewatch a Favourite:
Found Footage:
Body Horror:
Anthologies (2 or 3):
This Decade:
Two Horror Sequels:
Highest Rated:
Hammer Horror:
Universal:
Blumhouse:
Supernatural:
What do I do about my two previous films? Unman, Wittering & Zigo is one I would like Americans to watch as it could well be a classic of its genre.

Romero:
Carpenter:
Craven:
Hooper:
Castle:
Fulci:
Argento:
Home Invasion:
Creature Feature:
Slasher:
Zombie:
Vampire:
Comedy/Horror:
Banned:
Silent:
Rewatch a Favourite:
Found Footage:
Body Horror:
Anthologies (2 or 3):
This Decade:
Two Horror Sequels:
Highest Rated:
Hammer Horror:
Universal:
Blumhouse:
Supernatural:
But people don't have to do ALL 31 categories do they? Can't they just choose to accept the challenge of watching whatever categories they want? Is that how it works?

You dont appear to have a category for UNMAN? It is clearly a psychological mystery/thriller. Beast In the Cellar probably does not have a category either. I could remove that and replace it now with The Innocents

Okay so Im gonna do my best to clear this up. The challenge was to watch 31 movies falling into the categories in the list Siddon posted. The thread can be for just general horror disscussion, but it would be prefered that discussion in focused on the movies that you're watching for the contest. If you go to the fisrt post in this thread you will see where I am keeping track of everyones wathces out of 31. If you click on someones name you can see their list that is filled in with their picks. The categories were predertimined. If you want to join us just watch horror movies that fit the categories and post reviews here. Also if you scroll through the first page of this thread you can see all of the reviews people have posted and see how to infrom me about what category the film pretains too. @spookiemoviemania @Citizen Rules

But people don't have to do ALL 31 categories do they? Can't they just choose to accept the challenge of watching whatever categories they want? Is that how it works?
You should try to get all 31 you can always watch more, I'm likely going to watch 50 horror movies this month

You dont appear to have a category for UNMAN? It is clearly a psychological mystery/thriller. Beast In the Cellar probably does not have a category either. I could remove that and replace it now with The Innocents
No your good

Unman - foreign (UK) or rewatch a fav
Beast in the Cellar (Creature Feature)
Innocents - Supernatural...or arguably Home Invasion

THE INNOCENTS:
Director Jack Clayton.
Cast: Deborah Kerr, Megs Jenkins, Pamela Franklin.

One of my all time fave Brit films is the 1961 Gothic supernatural chiller The Innocents. Based on the novel The Turn Of the Screw by Henry James the film tells the story of a young English governess who is employed to tutor brother/sister orphans who live at a remote country mansion with their housekeeper.
Shortly after the governess arrives she begins seeing ghostly visions of a man and a woman in various parts of the estate. Thus starts a battle for good over evil as the ghosts of the former valet and governess try to possess the children.
This is one of few films that literally send chills thru me. It did when I first saw it decades ago and when I watched it for the umpteenth time a couple of months ago. That to me is the true indicator of the worth of a horror film.
I could not recommend this movie more if what you enjoy in a horror film is an engrossing mystery, chills and an atmopheric gothic theme. And without one drop of blood. I give this 5 out of 5.

You should try to get all 31 you can always watch more, I'm likely going to watch 50 horror movies this month
I'm just hanging out, I'm not in this. So I will just comment on the films I've seen.

Yes Jay an early Weir vehicle. I just about agree with you word for word. Interesting, weird, some good acting and not so good. This little flick has never reached any great loftiness in the scheme of the Australian film industry. Mad Max it aint. Brit film watchers will have recognised John Meillion as the wacky mayor of Paris.

This film grows on you. The first time I saw Christine I had no time for it. May have had something to do with watching it with some mates half plastered to the eyeballs. The next time I watched it I enjoyed it more. Trippy and weird but enjoyable at the same time. Was impressed by the FX. Christine is typical Carpenter if I can say that.

@spookiemoviemania
I'd love to have you participate I just need that categories you want those films under. @Siddon gave you good suggestions.
Unman - foreign (UK) or rewatch a fav
Beast in the Cellar (Creature Feature)
Innocents - Supernatural...or arguably Home Invasion

@spookiemoviemania
I'd love to have you participate I just need that categories you want those films under. @Siddon gave you good suggestions.
call me Spookie. I dont think I can devote the time to watching so many films in such a short time. I am happy to post films such as those above and have people comment on them as I am happy to comment on other posted films.