Derek Vinyard's Top 75 Horror movies !

→ in
Tools    

HERE WE GO !

#69:

Oculus (2013) - Mike Flanagan

- Very nice recent horror movie. Find it awesome and the ending is very good.

#68:

Insidious (2010) - James Wan

- Scary , Effective and well-acted. James Wan strikes again with another good one.

#67:

Grave Encounters (2011) - The Vicious Brothers

- One of the scariest and the best found-footage ever done imo. Very well-made and creepy as hell.

I LOVE Oculus, one of my favorite movies of the year still. Really took me by surprise.

thats it man ! HK listen to them and Cricket too !
haha yeah man! But really they should be watch by anybody who like/love horror.

Oculus - was a huge surprise to me. Loved the psychological elements to it that made you believe what you wanted to believe and the editing was stunning as well.

Insidious - is a nice old school classic horror tale, that doesn't try to be all that new or inventive but I really had a great time with it. It's a lot of fun, the sequel too.

Grave Encounters - indeed one of the best found footage movies. The low budget feel is strong in this one, and c'mon insane asylums? Damn right creepy. DON'T watch the sequel though it sucks... (at least imo)

thats it man ! HK listen to them and Cricket too !
I have nothing against any of them. I've heard good things about Insidious, though I'm not convinced, but the other two I'd like to see.

#66:

Eden Lake (2008) - James Watkins

- Gory , Fassbender and Very Disturbing. I love Eden Lake.

#65:

The Strangers (2008) - Bryan Bertino

- Awesome home invasion horror with great soundtracks (Merle Haggard-Mama Tried) and creepy mood. Like The Ending and the acting.

#64:

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014) - Christopher Landon

- Don't know why but I very like it. I perfectly know that it's cliche and bad for some people but for me it deliver perfectly, Creepy and entertaining.

Love Eden Lake

Didn't like The Strangers at all but I saw it at the movies, and I usually don't like going to the movies.
ohh maybe a rewatch would be nice... but yeah me too I don't like going to the movies..

Unregistered User
Liked Eden Lake and loved The Strangers, i definately have a soft spot for home invasion. Only seen the first Paranormal film and wasn't that impressed.

#63:

Friday The 13th(1980) - Sean S. Cunningham

- Very nice horror/thriller. I like the storyline and the mom of Jason Voorhees is awesome.

#62:

Freddy vs Jason (2003) - Ronny Yu

- Fun , Gory and very entertaining. Always nice to see two legends of horror movies fight against each other.

#61:

The Fourth Kind (2009) - Olatunde Osunsanmi

- One of the scariest movie of this kind imo. Like everything especially the creepy mood and atmosphere. Underrated and very impressive.

I never really got into the Friday the 13th movies and I'm not sure why. That should be a series I love-another try is needed.

I wanted to see The Fourth Kind when it came out, but I never heard much about it, and I just forgot it existed.