I thought the movie was really funny but I was really bothered by the climax.

SPOILER

In the climax the main character wants to complete his 40 days of lent by having no sex and no masturbation. On the last day, just to be sure he handcuffs himself to the bed post, and sleeps. However, while he is sleeping his ex-gf breaks into the apartment and rapes him in his sleep.

His new gf then shows up, catches him with her leaving the room and him and handcuffed. And he assumes that he cheated on her. Later in order to get her back he keeps on apologizing to her to get back.

But this is what really left a bad taste in my mouth. Why should he have to apologize to her, when he was raped, and she assumes it was cheating, and treats the rape insensitively. I feel this is really sexist of the writers, cause if the genders were reversed and a guy walked in on her gf being handcuffed and raped, and then assumed she cheated and decided to leave her, a lot of viewers would not want the woman to keep on apologizing to him in an effort to win him back.

The whole climax and ending just left a bad taste in my mouth therefore, as to what was otherwise, a really funny movie. But maybe I am looking at it the wrong way?