top 3 worst movies ( top of head)

Tools    

There are very few major releases that I'd truly call bad, and none the worst. Even a stupid disappointing sequel like Transformers 2 can be enjoyed, in the right frame of mind

The worst movies I've seen, and that is quite a few, are probably stuff that has no name recognition whatsoever for most people. I mean just really dull no-budget crap that isn't even enjoyably inept.

It's hard to recall titles, because those truly awful boring movies tend to blur together. But if you're like me, you have to sit through lots of crap to find the little-known gems, the stuff you personally love that many people don't know or care about.

I will say that I thought the Donnie Darko sequel was tedious and senseless, lacking all the atmosphere, charisma, angst and humor that made the first film so cool.

There are movies I wasn't much impressed by that other people loved, such as Inception, but nowhere near my idea of worst. Like I said, I've seen real garbage, but it's all stuff that no one cares to argue about anyway.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Catwoman
Scary Movie 3
Date Movie

Vampires Suck
Disaster Movie
Dumb and Dumberer

There are very few major releases that I'd truly call bad, and none the worst. Even a stupid disappointing sequel like Transformers 2 can be enjoyed, in the right frame of mind

The worst movies I've seen, and that is quite a few, are probably stuff that has no name recognition whatsoever for most people. I mean just really dull no-budget crap that isn't even enjoyably inept.

It's hard to recall titles, because those truly awful boring movies tend to blur together. But if you're like me, you have to sit through lots of crap to find the little-known gems, the stuff you personally love that many people don't know or care about.

I will say that I thought the Donnie Darko sequel was tedious and senseless, lacking all the atmosphere, charisma, angst and humor that made the first film so cool.

There are movies I wasn't much impressed by that other people loved, such as Inception, but nowhere near my idea of worst. Like I said, I've seen real garbage, but it's all stuff that no one cares to argue about anyway.
Wait, what? No bad major movies? Have you never seen Catwoman, Wild Wild West, The Day After Tomorrow, 2012 (hell, any Roland Emerich film for that matter), Ultra Violet, Twilight, any of the _______ Movies (Epic/Date/Disaster/etc.), Ballistics: Ecks Vs. Sever, I could go on...

Sure, there's tons of direct to market crap or made for TV trash, but to say there's no bad major releases is crazy!

The only movie I can think of that I largely disliked was this movie called Dread.

I remember thinking at Blockbuster.. Hmm this looks good. WRONG!!!! It was awful. Least favorite movie of all friggen' time.

Wait, what? No bad major movies? Have you never seen Catwoman, Wild Wild West, The Day After Tomorrow, 2012 (hell, any Roland Emerich film for that matter), Ultra Violet, Twilight, any of the _______ Movies (Epic/Date/Disaster/etc.), Ballistics: Ecks Vs. Sever, I could go on...

Sure, there's tons of direct to market crap or made for TV trash, but to say there's no bad major releases is crazy!
I more or less enjoyed every one of the movies you have listed there. I'm not saying they're important films that offer profound and brilliant insights into the human condition, but overall they are fairly technically competent dumb fun.

Like I said, it's a matter of perspective and mood.

I wanted to add a bit: This is just my own view, but I think it's kind of silly how often people seem to lambast a movie because it didn't blow them away. All said and done, they're just movies, and there are very few genuine works of genius out there to choose from.

I don't see the point in cheating myself out of a good time by going into it with unrealistic expectations and the wrong attitude. If other people hate a movie, that's their opinion and they're welcome to it, of course, but I do notice people are often quick to label whatever recent movie they didn't like as "Worst. Movie. Ever."

To paraphrase Comic Book Guy.

I wanted to add a bit: This is just my own view, but I think it's kind of silly how often people seem to lambast a movie because it didn't blow them away. All said and done, they're just movies, and there are very few genuine works of genius out there to choose from.

I don't see the point in cheating myself out of a good time by going into it with unrealistic expectations and the wrong attitude. If other people hate a movie, that's their opinion and they're welcome to it, of course, but I do notice people are often quick to label whatever recent movie they didn't like as "Worst. Movie. Ever."

To paraphrase Comic Book Guy.
You're a crazy loon, but since you've taken the name "deadite" I can't say that seriously!

I'm not asking that a film blow me away, but when you've got Halle Berry prancing around like a cat in a film that's based on a character as bad-ass as the comic book version of Catwoman, you've completely missed the mark. I harp on that film a lot because I used to read the Catwoman comics and she had so much potential and they turned it into something that wasn't even campy. It was just really freaking stupid (and for some reason they keep playing it on Cinemax lately, ug!). It has nothing to do with frame of mind, bad film is bad.

Actually, I made a thread about this sort of topic a while back. Maybe take a read, some of it is interesting, though it often got derailed!

You're a crazy loon, but since you've taken the name "deadite" I can't say that seriously!

I'm not asking that a film blow me away, but when you've got Halle Berry prancing around like a cat in a film that's based on a character as bad-ass as the comic book version of Catwoman, you've completely missed the mark. I harp on that film a lot because I used to read the Catwoman comics and she had so much potential and they turned it into something that wasn't even campy. It was just really freaking stupid (and for some reason they keep playing it on Cinemax lately, ug!). It has nothing to do with frame of mind, bad film is bad.

Actually, I made a thread about this sort of topic a while back. Maybe take a read, some of it is interesting, though it often got derailed!
Yeah, I'm crazy...and if you tell anybody, I'll cut you.

I've read some of the comics, not much, but I'm sure Catwoman certainly wasn't the movie it could have been. Still, I think it's watchable.

I'm not asking that a film blow me away, but when you've got Halle Berry prancing around like a cat in a film that's based on a character as bad-ass as the comic book version of Catwoman, you've completely missed the mark.
OK, Deadite's a loon (as he doesn't appreciate that Manhunter is better than SotL, I could be persuaded to agree. ) but you went and saw Catwoman? Really? You were interested enough to take a look at it, saw what it was like and still went? Then were disapointed with the result? Like I said, Deadite might be a loon, but if he is, he's not the only one.

I rarely watch films at the theater. When I do, I try to be careful about my choice, not usually seeing anything purely on a whim. Mostly, I've been satisfied well enough.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
I would also like to note how much the Saw franchise has gone to waste when Leigh Whannell and James Wan left it and when the new directors came in Saw pretty much went all out with it's traps and characters. The first 3 movies still had their credibility because they didn't go over the top with the plot twists and they didn't go over the top with the budget just for the sake of using tacky torture devices.

OK, Deadite's a loon (as he doesn't appreciate that Manhunter is better than SotL, I could be persuaded to agree. ) but you went and saw Catwoman? Really? You were interested enough to take a look at it, saw what it was like and still went? Then were disapointed with the result? Like I said, Deadite might be a loon, but if he is, he's not the only one.
I can say only two things in my defense.

1) I waited until it was on DVD to watch it.

2) I collected comic books for over 15 years and I feel obligated to at least rent all comic book films that get made. Unfortunately it means i sat through Catwoman, Elektra, and most of Jonah Hex (even I couldn't finish that one!).

YEAH i agree with the ed wood scissor hands ...

#1 baby guenines
#2 what dreams may come true
#3 enough

1. The Prince and Me (As a Dane it is just annoying to watch.)
2. Almost every Disney Channel original movie.
3. Catwoman (Yeah it was a really boring movie)