Unbreakable

→ in
Tools    

Yeah, I'd say so. There are some noises and movements that made me nervous that wouldn't have done so as much if I saw/heard them sitting on a couch - I'd definitely call this a "movie theatre" movie.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Ok, maybe I'll go see a couple movies one day. I do that alot. I'll go see it and The Sixth Day, and maybe the Grinch next week probably.

I guess we really need to see it now!

It's true that some movies gives a better experience on the widescreen especially with the Digital sound...what would I do to have one of these at home!

Cheers!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Pesky, I knew you were teasing but I was throwing my two cents in ...

As for us all comparing it to the Sixth Sense ... it is a marketing ploy. At the same time however, I think you always risk a lot when you use a very similar look and a similar topic and the same lead so close to your first and most recent success. You are, I feel, setting yourself up and make it harder for the audience to take you seriously and not connect the next piece with the first, which is compounded by the marketing's deliberately recalling the first film.

Film companies wait to release a film all the time based on how they see the audience behaving ... i'm just saying it would have been wiser if they'd done the same with this.

I agree, it's a shot in the dark that they did...you either lose it all or win it all.

I would have probably waited another year at least to release a movie that has the same basics as my first one, but maybe the director wanted to make sure they don't have any competitors on the horizon...it all comes down to money. The Sixth Sense is all too fresh, it was released in video a few weeks ago here. If the movie is slightly different and it becomes a huge success it will be 2 strikes in favor of this team...we shall see.

Cheers!

Seriously - Unbreakable stands on it's own. As has been said, the comparison between them is a marketing ploy for the most part. The only similiarity is that they share a supernatural element, and they both have an eery, cold/slow feel to them. The stories themselves are quite different.

That is great then...I loved the 6th Sense style, in fact it gave me ideas for a script!

Cheers!

Interesting comments, all! (Especially made me laugh about Samuel's hair!)

I hear that Shyamalan planned this as a trilogy. I interpreted it to mean "Sixth Sense" was #1, "Unbreakable" was #2, and there will be one more coming with Bruce and a supernatural element. Others thought it meant there will be 2 sequels to this particular film. Well, we'll see!

Willis actually said that Unbreakable was the first of three - not the second like most people would think, in addition to "The Sixth Sense", that is.

That kind of freaks me out! I wonder how they'll be related. My guess is they'll be sort of similar - IE: I don't think we'll see that same character again and again - almost like an "X-Files" sort of deal.

This movie is Breath-taking. I love the ending--although it wasn't as mind-blowing as the sixth sense. It just comes at you, and Bam! the movie is over. I think the movie is good enough that the won't bring it down. I love movies that keep you at the edge of your seat. If you want to see something predictable, go see Charlie's angels. To see something smart and engaging, go see "unbraKEABLE"

I loved it too. The ending surprised me. I agree that it stands on its own.

Chris, will you put "spoilers" in the thread title, because there is still one in here. I purposely didn't read the thread until after I had seen the movie.

Because this thread contains so many fine critiques of this film without giving things away, I've put a big notice in RED before the spoiler. I hope that's acceptable! If you all think I should change the thread title as well, let me know.

Thanks for mentioning it, RR.

You missed an earlier one.

Walt's third post.

I see...good point. I'd never thought much of it. It's been fixed. Hope it hasn't been ruined for anyone, and I hope Rhonda/Walt don't mind the editing.

OMG! I just saw it...it's a great movie!

I didn't like it as much as the 6th Sense but it is quite close.

I can't wait to see the sequel.

Cheers!

GeorgeNYC1 -- was just wondering who said your signature quotation about conversation?

Eplayer, that quote belongs to the great Oscar Wilde. I think he was one of the wittiest man to grace the phase of the earth. I have a book that contains most of his quotes. Let me know if you need one.

Hey, is anyone going to go see "unbrakeable" again?

Also, I'm new here. Can you guys tell me where you are from. I always find it to see how people, other than those from NYC, feel about movies.

I'm from McKees Rocks (right outside of Pittsburgh, PA) - I've lived in Western Pennsylvania all my life.

And yeah, you read my mind: I'm thinking of seeing Unbreakable again with my mom - that'd be cool: I'd get to see how someone reacts to seeing it for the first time.