Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
What twist do you mean at the end?

I can't spoil it but I was quite stunned with it.

Good-natured fun with a touch of warmth and Rodney Dangerfield playing the most likable character he ever played.

7.5/10.
Haven't seen this movie in a long time.
I find the middle of the film a little boring, but otherwise a classic.
I agree. Always found the William Holden arc rather tedious.

Straight Time 1978

-
77/100

So pleased to learn I'm not the only person on the planet who has seen and loved this movie...this movie is amazing and nobody ever talks about it. I give it the same rating you do.

Excellent indie movie set in Baltimore. Lead actor, McCaul Lombardi, is someone to watch IMO.
Enjoyed this movie so much I sat down & watched it again.

So pleased to learn I'm not the only person on the planet who has seen and loved this movie...this movie is amazing and nobody ever talks about it. I give it the same rating you do.
True hidden gem, only three people here have seen it; you, captain spaulding, and myself.. and probably mark_f..

A Dry White Season (1989) At first you feel like it's going to be a PC race movie and then bodies start piling up and you realize this a quality neo-noir film. The story takes place in apartheid South Africa where a school teacher and former rugby star is drawn into conflict with the secret police over the disappearance of his gardner's son. Marlon Brando plays a lawyer in a scene stealing virtual cameo role.

Shazam

It was okay for a DC movie I guess

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Parasite 2019

Crazy + crazy good..
+

WARNING: "Question about final scene(s)" spoilers below
How did the son get the reply letter to his dad hiding in the basement?

3 Bad Men (John Ford, 1926)

Mebbe we should scrap jails and 'bad men' just be made look at a purdy woman for a minute

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea (Stuart Paton, 1916)

Joining an underwater hunt myself would have probably been slightly less of a slog

Welcome to the human race...
WARNING: "Question about final scene(s)" spoilers below
How did the son get the reply letter to his dad hiding in the basement?
WARNING: "Parasite" spoilers below
I'm not entirely sure he does. It comes across more as the son affirming his goal to himself in the form of a letter directed to his father, especially since the odds of him managing to communicate the letter to his father are slim.

Death Proof -

It's Honeykid's favourite QT movie. That says everything.

WARNING: "Parasite" spoilers below
I'm not entirely sure he does. It comes across more as the son affirming his goal to himself in the form of a letter directed to his father, especially since the odds of him managing to communicate the letter to his father are slim.
Yeah that makes sense, and I can live with that, would have done it differently, but hey I don't have a Palm d'Or yet..

This 1970 Best Picture nominee is a serious guilty pleasure of mine and introduced movie audiences to a brand new genre called the disaster movie. It's pretty loyal to the Arthur Hailey novel it's based on and holds up surprisingly well. Some of the performances are a little overripe, but I love the gorgeous Jacqueline Bisset as the head stewardess and Van Heflin is properly intense as the slightly mad DO Guerrero. Helen Hayes won an Oscar for her adorable little old lady stowaway, but personally I think that award should have gone to Maureen Stapleton, in a heartbreaking turn as Inez Guerrero.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Driven (Nick Hamm, 2019): The true story of the 1982 DeLorean scandal but seen as a buddy comedy-drama that is (no pun intended) driven by the performances of Jason Sudeikis as FBI informant Jim Hoffman and Lee Pace as John DeLorean.

The Last Days on Mars (2013)

I thought this was much better, though I forget the rating I ended up with.