13 votes
Who cares, I'm ignorant
27 votes. You may not vote on this poll

What will the next four years bring?

That's almost humorous.

Grooaann!!!

Four more long years...

My reaction can be summed up as follows:

Here's my call on the election results: the ignorant masses have elected an ignorant leader. This surely is the triumph of ignorance over truth, backwardness over progressiveness, ignobility over nobleness!

What direction will this great country go for the next four years? The answer can only be: backwards!

Anyway, history will make its own judgments, and, in my opinion, history has already made its judgment on George W. Bush!

Yoda has already said it: "...please get a freakin' grip..."

Only exercising my right to free expression, bud! You got a problem with that?

Or is one of the items on the Republican agenda the revocation of the right to free speech?

I know... it's wartime, and we all have to shut up, fall in line and follow the leader as he leads us like lemmings over a cliff!

All I'm saying is that this is a sad day in America!

Originally Posted by darkhorse
Nope, I'm only exercising my right to free expression.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Nope, I'm only exercising my right to free expression.
Well, we can agree to disagree, then! That's what makes America great!

Does anyone doubt that darkhorse is Django?

Anyway, sunny, The deficits aren't the largest history. I've mentioned this to you before. You're ignoring inflation. Even so, the most sensible way to quantify the size of the deficit is to measure it relative to the size of the economy.

I don't know what the next four years will bring, but I expect it will bring increased stabilization in Afghanistan (which is quickly becoming an unbridled success), and (hopefully) stablization and successful elections in Iraq. I also expect we'll see continued economic growth comparable to the high level we've seen over the last 18 months.

All the rhetoric about moving backwards isn't really in line with the facts, especially economically. I don't suspect that'll stop Django: The Resurrection and others of his political persuasion from repeating it, though.

Yoda has already said it: "...please get a freakin' grip..."
I've got something he can grip. Lolololol
Hi Yoda, I don't hate you, just your kind.

Hats off to you, Yoda--you and your kind have won the election! Fair means or foul, it doesn't much matter now! Still, like I said, history is a harsher judge than the American people--I'm pretty sure of that! And I seriously doubt that history will look back on G.W. with fond memories!

Anyway, I don't have to join in with the right-wing celebrations, do I? Unless I'm compelled, by the Patriot Act, to grin and bear it, I'd prefer to abstain!

Incidentally, what is "Django"?

Originally Posted by Yoda
Does anyone doubt that darkhorse is Django?.
Really?? Hi Darkhorse glad to see you're still bothering the Mofos.

Anyway, sunny, The deficits aren't the largest history. I've mentioned this to you before. You're ignoring inflation. Even so, the most sensible way to quantify the size of the deficit is to measure it relative to the size of the economy.
Your imaginary numbers game won't even work in algerbra class Yoda. But maybe you voted for hellboy because you don't think he did anything wrong. Hhmm..

I don't know what the next four years will bring, but I expect it will bring increased stabilization in Afghanistan (which is quickly becoming an unbridled success), and (hopefully) stablization and successful elections in Iraq.
You mean temporary puppet government that nobody likes and will probably create civil wars and another murderous dictator down the line don't you?

All the rhetoric about moving backwards isn't really in line with the facts, especially economically. I don't suspect that'll stop Django: The Resurrection and others of his political persuasion from repeating it, though.
You'll see Yoda, in 20 years you'll look back and you'll weep at what you've done. Then you'll start drinking, end up in jail, and become a minister.

Incidentally, what is "Django"?
It's a so-so western from the late 60s.

Hats off to you, Yoda--you and your kind have won the election! Fair means or foul, it doesn't much matter now! Still, like I said, history is a harsher judge than the American people--I'm pretty sure of that! And I seriously doubt that history will look back on G.W. with fond memories!
I look forward to history's judgement of George W. Bush. You know, there's a liberal who used to post on this board (Steve), who put it better than I: what's history going to remember: is it going to remember faux scandals like Halliburton, or is it going to remember that two oppressed societies were set free and given a chance to establish democracies? It's seems very far-fetched to me that history books 50 years from now talking about how horrible it was that we removed multiple tyrannical governments from power.

But, I'm content to wait and see.

It's a so-so western from the early 60s.
I see. I should check it out one of these days. But why would Yoda claim that I am a so-so western from the early 60s? Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure I wasn't that. In fact, my doctor reassured me that I wasn't a so-so western from the early 60s. He told me to get plenty of exercise and watch my diet, but he made no allusions to any westerns from the 60s.

I look forward to history's judgement of George W. Bush. You know, there's a liberal who used to post on this board (Steve), who put it better than I: what's history going to remember: is it going to remember faux scandals like Halliburton, or is it going to remember that two oppressed societies were set free and given a chance to establish democracies? It's seems very far-fetched to me that history books 50 years from now talking about how horrible it was that we removed multiple tyrannical governments from power.

But, I'm content to wait and see.
Okay, Yoda. I'm willing to bet good money that history will remember G.W. in less flattering terms.

Will history remember him for the so-called liberation of two oppressed societies--Afghanistan and Iraq--or for the enslavement of one oppressed society--the United States?

Time will tell...

Originally Posted by sunfrog
Your imaginary numbers game won't even work in algerbra class Yoda. But maybe you voted for hellboy because you don't think he did anything wrong. Hhmm..
What, you're not familiar with the concept of inflation? Don't take my word for it. Look it up. You can check everything I'm saying about the deficit. Or you can continue to delude yourself. I think I know which you'll end up choosing.

Originally Posted by sunfrog
You mean temporary puppet government that nobody likes and will probably create civil wars and another murderous dictator down the line don't you?
Oh yeah, civil war. That'd be the end. I can't think of any powerful, prosperous nations which had to endure a civil war. Oh, wait...

Sorry, but if your chief complaint about the war is based on the premature, unsubstantiated claim that the country will regress into dictatorship, then you really don't have any argument. I could just as well pretend that everything there will improve and be sunny and happy for ever and ever. I recognize, however, that the ultimate outcome is in doubt. I'm not going to join you in satiating a partisan desire with kneejerk declarations. It's simply too soon to judge the success or failure of the attempted democratization going on in Iraq.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm just as angry about the election as the next democrat is, but it is much better to try to be optimisitic about the future than bitch and whine about the past.

Will history remember him for the so-called liberation of two oppressed societies--Afghanistan and Iraq--or for the enslavement of one oppressed society--the United States?
Maybe your idea of liberty differs from mine, but in mine, a government which can (technically) look at which books I've checked out of the library isn't anywhere near comparable to a government which allows you to, say, be enslaved and forced to pick cotton.

Or, think of it this way: if we were really "oppressed," you probably wouldn't be able to say so.

A system of cells interlinked
Not at all, except you don't have any "right" to do anything on a privately owned site, "bud". Read up on free speech before carelessly wielding it as a weapon. Also, even if you did have that right, so would the person you are trying to bag on, and they could say whatever they wanted to, as well. But, as stated, this is a privately owned site.

Or is one of the items on the Republican agenda the revocation of the right to free speech?
It's funny, but extremists (left and right) pose more of a threat to free speech than Republicans in general, as well as freely being able to smoke cigarettes, and other things that are none of their business.

I know... it's wartime, and we all have to shut up, fall in line and follow the leader as he leads us like lemmings over a cliff!
It is, however, your choice to do this if you wish. I wouldn't follow anyone off a cliff.

All I'm saying is that this is a sad day in America!
Ya, I had a real rough time going to grab a mocha this morning, and heading into work, where I get to earn a living so I can buy neat things, like food.

Try this for a change. How about you huddle under some rubble, counting the minutes until it's safe enough for you to go scrounge around looking for food, which you haven't had in 4 days.

Hopefully that will put things into perspective...

I am no fan of GW Bush, or the repubs, but it's uninformed attitudes like this that hurt the Dems every time. I notice a lack of things for them to blame this year. Hopefully they take a good long look at themselves and prepare for 2008...