Movies that you wished were never, EVER made?

Tools    

Just wondering if any of you had any thoughts like these that you had to keep in your head for such a long time. Well, now you can bring it all out. THE HATE. THE REGRET. THE SUFFERING. I know that there may be some films that people like, that I personally didnt like. So I guess, this could be a place to post all the movies you "REGRETTED" and "Wished was never made.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but these films I could have been better without:

-Super Mario Bros. (I thought it was a poor adaption of the popular Mario Bros. video games...and i was looking so forward to it. I think it could have been alot better if it wasn't made. It made the whole franchise go down the drain. Video game sales aren't skyrocketing anymore. Have you noticed that)

-About Schmidt (Starring Jack Nicholson....but i thought the whole story and idea was just so pointless. And that scene with KAthy Bates and Jack Nicholson in the hott tub!

-Punch Drunk Love(staring adam sandler. Once again i thought the story and idea was pointless too. That is not really Adam Sandlers' kind of movies!!!!!!! Not really a great thing to make a movie for.

May The Forks be With Us
ok. the only movie i wish was never made was WALKING TALL. with the Rock...
that movie was absolutely horrible. another one might be XXX but i have gotten a few good laughs out of that movie

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. it ruined the chance to bring a movie as great as the original to todays generation of kids. and it doesnt live up to the original at all.

Personally, i liked the new TCM, it had the modern feel to it, and while it didnt live up to the original (which it would never do) and wasnt necessary, i liked it.
And i dont think they dont need a film for the new generation, theres the original which has noteriety to reach the younger generation already.

The Village would have to be one of the worst movies recently made. If this movie went straight to DVD, like movies like this do, it still wouldn't be worth the rental fee. Shyamalan needs to get that whole every movie needs a twist thing out of his skull, cuz the twist in this movie stood out like an elephant in the lounge room.

Escape from L.A. and Titanic...............the world would be a much better place w/o them.

I rule
The vanishing (Remake)
TCM (remake)
Grease
Romeo and Juliet
Dogville (Its not a movie, its a play caught on home video)

REVIEWS

Anonymous Last told me to drop in ...

< Titianic
< Moulin Rouge
< Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
< Thunderbirds
< Jaws: The Revenge

Pulp Fiction

who cares i guess he doesnt have good taste in movies.

I do, yet I fell asleep on Pulp Fiction, and it was in the daytime, not interested...

About Schmidt and Punch Drunk Love were amazing movies imo, moreso with Punch Drunk Love.

As for movies that should never be made --

Almost any sequel of a good movie which was made for a cashgrab.

Any remake of a classic movie made after 1990. How long is it going to take producers to figure out that classic movies should remain classic. Even though Manchurian Candidate got good reviews, im still never going to see it.

Most remakes of great books. Sense and Sensibility and LOTR have renewed my faith in good adaptations, but you wouldnt be allowed to screw up LOTR and Jane Austen is such a good writer you cant screw it up.

I dont really care if Hollywood produces crap, just as long as they dont tarnish something that was once great in the process.

Originally Posted by zBLARz
I do, yet I fell asleep on Pulp Fiction, and it was in the daytime, not interested...
you have your opinion but Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie of all time.

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by Tolstoy
I dont really care if Hollywood produces crap, just as long as they dont tarnish something that was once great in the process.
That's nearly my exact feeling on the subject.
As far as I'm concerned, people can release as much cinematic defecate as they want, just as long as they don't plunder that limited bounty that is fine film.

Charlies Angels 2

The Cat in the Hat

The Good Girl

Kazaam (1996) .... shaq...

Fear Dot Com

I saw Mr. Wrong on TV last week and I cannot believe I sat through that movie. It was horrible..

The Jaws sequels - fairly obvious I would've thought

Ghost - Goldberg won an Oscar for this p.o.s. and now we may never get rid of her.

Braveheart - Apart from being absolute rubbish it also resulted in a statue of William Wallace being errected (that looks like Mel Gibson) and raised the profile of the SNP

titanic should have left unmade...they would have saved a LOT of money going wasted..it was unimaginably boring plus the actors didnt do any good.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
My tops are

Jaws
Lord of the Rings
Pulp Fiction

Jaws because I hate what it did for films, making box-office numbers and ticket sales in a short ammount of time, therefore hacking films to become toned down to fit huge audiences. And really it's not that good of a movie either, if you can get past it's place in history as being a good movie and look at the thing for what it is.

Lord of the Rings because it's clean sterile, and bland swords and sorcery, which I would have prefered the genre dead or completely engulfed in trash like Kull and Dragonheart than have it be reinvented as a bloodless, who's who in Hollywood and let's see if we can focus on production and special effects rather than a compelling coherent story that doesn't depend on the fact that you have actually read the ****ing books.

Pulp Fiction because even though I do occasionally watch it, mainly just the 40-50 minutes of the Bruce Willis story, which I think is great. I hate that it made such a splash and a name out of that punk Quentin Tarantino. Copying other people's style, storylines, actual scenes, and even dialogue from movies of the past. Yet the kid's think he's so cool and original Then he makes the damn near unwatchable Kill Bill and splits it up into two movies to get more ticket sales. Actually probably close to three times the ammount I would imagine than had it been one movie.

Plus these films do more to even worsen the reputation of the Academy Awards by proving more and more that they're exactly what Brando called them once, "door prizes"

BUt yeah. The world of film would be a lot better if Jaws, Lord of the Rings, and Pulp Fictin had never been made.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201