Are men really that different from women?

Tools    

I think that we are more alike than most people think. True, most me are pigs, but then again most women tend to like us "pigs" We tend to argue about things like fashion and sports, but all in all we are both good natured. Men seem to be more "pervy" than women, but that is just on the surface. Women are way "pervy" when it comes down to it, they just do not want to admit it. I say this because I have done an underhanded thing: I listened in on a "women's only" conversation. All I have to say is.............Hell yeah!!!!!! Women are just like men when it comes down to it.

There are, of course, plenty of similarities (near-identical number of limbs, for example), but I tend to believe that there are, on average, some pretty profound emotional and pyschological differences between men and women.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I agree with you on that Yoda. It seems to me women are more likely to be depressed or to suffer from anxiety.They also appear to be more self-conscious then guys do.And they are more the willing to show their emotions.

Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
I agree with you on that Yoda. It seems to me women are more likely to be depressed or to suffer from anxiety.They also appear to be more self-conscious then guys do.And they are more the willing to show their emotions.
Good lord I think I may be a woman!

I wipe my ass with your feelings
As you're being grown inside of your mommy's tummy/test tube (hopefully not), you begin out as a girl. Yes, we're all girls at one time...burn or unborn, it's true. For men, there's this one gene that comes to life...and then the female organs/characteristics are blown away and the male stuff comes in.

So, yeah kind of.

Men are pervy because we're thinking about survival, and at the same time, pleasure...but survival is the real reason we think about it...not pleasure. Most people will be like, "you're an idiot for saying that." Too bad, its the truth.

Every species is all about survival, keeping that race to keep continuing. We evolved from primates, whom are all about sruvival as well....so of course, we inherited that gene as well.

Hence why we think about sex all the friggin time.

Take it easy on us, we're not pervs...we want to survive.

Originally Posted by Yoda
There are, of course, plenty of similarities (near-identical number of limbs, for example), but I tend to believe that there are, on average, some pretty profound emotional and pyschological differences between men and women.
Once again, I agree with Yoda

Originally Posted by Yoda
I agree with you on the surface, but deep down we all share the same emotions. It is how we let them effect us and how much we share with others that is different.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by Godsend
As you're being grown inside of your mommy's tummy/test tube (hopefully not), you begin out as a girl. Yes, we're all girls at one time...burn or unborn, it's true. For men, there's this one gene that comes to life...and then the female organs/characteristics are blown away and the male stuff comes in.

So, yeah kind of.

Men are pervy because we're thinking about survival, and at the same time, pleasure...but survival is the real reason we think about it...not pleasure. Most people will be like, "you're an idiot for saying that." Too bad, its the truth.

Every species is all about survival, keeping that race to keep continuing. We evolved from primates, whom are all about sruvival as well....so of course, we inherited that gene as well.

Hence why we think about sex all the friggin time.

Take it easy on us, we're not pervs...we want to survive.
Yup

Originally Posted by Godsend
we're not pervs...we want to survive.
no im pretty sure im a perv

Bug Planet Proximus
This is one of the most discussed topics of the 20th century, so i normally like to have no part and let the pro's handle it. I beleive the people in history that have come closest to unlocking this entombed secret are Eddie Murphy, Jerry Seinfeld and Dave Chappelle. It's only through the wit of the "funny men" that we will have the right perspective to understand one of the largest phenomenons in history.

Essentially, i also agree with Yoda and think that it mostly comes down to the mind that seperates us. In terms of instictive and innate urges we both have the same amount of unanswerable inequalities.

Arresting your development

Yes and no. Up and down. Good, bad. -Black, white. -Positive, negative.
-Male, female?
You can not have one with the other (ying and yang).

So let it be a hot and a cold with no grey area in between.

...unless you are like ourself with two personalities one female and one male. The only thing we lack is a threesome with our personality.

I put a spoon away in the wrong drawer and pissed myself off.

I think there is a huge difference between dudes and chicks I mean god took his time with the women. He wanted them perfect and it happened. But us guys ended up like Chevy's rushed off the assembly line and guaranteed to break down after limited use. I mean seriously if ya look at the evidence of everything. Women live longer than us, Our brains are less well formed and shrink at a faster rate than women's as we age, Men lose their hair, Men lose their minds (We're four time more likely to attempt suicide than women), Men are more likely to die in an accident, and another men are just not as smart as women.

Face it guys were basically screwed. The population of men have been declining ever since 1990. Each year we lose more. Nature has a way of getting rid of the weakest links, those that serve no useful purpose, the dead weight. That my friends, is us.

Also it wasn't women who dropped napalm bombs,or who invented plastic, or who said "Damnit, what we need is a beer can with a pop-top." Unfortunatly, every bit of plunder and pillage has come from hands that, well, when they aren't busy bringing pleasure to oneself, are working overtime to wipe out this place.

So in final words im just saying men should step back and let the women be in charge for awhile let them run the country they probably would do it better than us anyway. Let them try and put a stop to war and stuff. They have a better chance at it. So in closing I say men are SOOO much more different and not in a good way either.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I think the important thing with the debate at hand is that each individual person has their own set of traits, some that are considered stereotypically "male" and others that are "female" and you can't predict the feelings or behaviour of any individual based on stereotypes.

As for the stereotype that women don't like sex or don't like to talk about it... that's a myth that deserves exploding.

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
Also it wasn't women who dropped napalm bombs,or who invented plastic, or who said "Damnit, what we need is a beer can with a pop-top." Unfortunatly, every bit of plunder and pillage has come from hands that, well, when they aren't busy bringing pleasure to oneself, are working overtime to wipe out this place.
True. But, in keeping with these generalizations, it also wasn't women who ran to the front lines to defend their country in World War II. In my mind, men as a gender are simply playing a higher-stakes game. Sometimes you get Churchill, and sometimes you get Hitler. Men, thus far, have been responsible for most of the best and worst things in human history.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
As for the stereotype that women don't like sex or don't like to talk about it... that's a myth that deserves exploding.
Also true. Though I think many women encourage that myth. Most girls I've known talk about sex about as much as any man...but only when they're with other women. Outside of that context, they project a much more modest front.