300 Trailer

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wow, simply wow.

Don't care too much for the music though, or the fact that every second word is either SPARTA or SPARTAINS, but this looks great none the less.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30134

Suspect's Reviews

I'll take that WOW and raise ya a can I stand the excitement?!

Thanks for the link

In the Beginning...
Eh, I was hoping the treatment would be a little less "hip" (they turned a few pieces of dialogue into Hollywood one-liners). I could have done without the techno beat music, but who knows? The past few forgettable medieval war epics (Alexander, Kingdom of Heaven, Troy, Tristan and Isolde, etc.) all seemed to have the same soundtrack. Maybe the film needs stylish music to complement the stylish look.

Still, it's nice to see the book getting a fair shake. I swear, it's like Sin City all over again - the shots in the film are VERBATIM to the book.

Um, went to the site and the trailer wasn't there how come?

Randomly visiting for now
It looks pretty awesome. I hope it's not another clone movie though. Huge battle scenes don't make the movie as you can see in Troy, but a combination of excellant plot and cool fighting can be really great if done well, e.g. Gladiator. Wonder when the release date is.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
It looks pretty awesome. I hope it's not another clone movie though. Huge battle scenes don't make the movie as you can see in Troy, but a combination of excellant plot and cool fighting can be really great if done well, e.g. Gladiator.
I'd argue that the plot isn't generic, but it isn't particularly innovative either. It's just Frank Miller's wild epic take of the Battle of Thermopylae.

Now is just me or is there a lot of CGI in this movie?
If you watch the video journals on the official production blog, you'll see that they used quite a bit of greenscreen. In fact, I don't think any scenes were filmed outside of a studio.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
If you watch the video journals on the official production blog, you'll see that they used quite a bit of greenscreen. In fact, I don't think any scenes were filmed outside of a studio.
OH ok

Someone needs their fill.
How long does it usually take for apple.com to pick up trailers?

The Ifilm trailer was taken down. It's also being hosted here although the audio quality isn't great. That film looks amazing!

300 Trailer

BANNED (PLANT)
I have been waiting for a movie on the battle of Thermopylae. The old 1960s one is getting old. I just want to get down to the truth on one thing. I just found out the movie is based on Frank Millers graphic novel. OK but what about Steven Pressfields book "Gates of Fire"? I know the graphic novel came out first but it seems the previes looked allot like the book from Gates of fire. i am buying the graphic novel tommorrow to see.

Well, they certainly learned from SIN CITY how to adapt the exact look and recreate frames from Miller's work, but I don't have the best feeling about this one. Not from the trailer, anyway. The look is important, for sure, but there's more to adapting than simply making those images live-action in front of green screens.

If you read Miller's 300, the character of Leonidas is a great leader of men, but he is relatively calm and restrained until he has to go into action. From the preview anyway, it seems as though Gerard Butler screams most of his lines at the top of his lungs with madness in his eyes like a raving wacko. That's not Leonidas.

There's plenty of over-the-top goings on with the Miller/Varley images and the nature of the gigantic battle of Thermopylae itself. The performances don't need to be over-the-top, too.

But the 300 movie looks great. No doubt about that.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Just saw the trailer I didn't know what I'm watching at first but at the end I was like .This definitely is going to be watched

BANNED (PLANT)
So who has read the book "Gates Of Fire"? I have it is the best damn book about the battle of thermolpye. I wish they would have gone that way instead of the "trendy" take a comic into a movie. Maybe with Gates of Fire there would be an O.K. plot. Now who knows. I will still see this movie the first day i can, but I dont expect much.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
But the 300 movie looks great. No doubt about that.
Yeah, my eyes had an orgasm, but my heart sighed a bit....Eye candy is good though...once in awhile.